Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yori out at Nebraska, under investigation

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Guess I would rather the admin hire the best person for the job, because they are the best person for the job. Not because they can cross off the checklist for affirmative action [CITATION NEEDED]. Every admin has their own criteria they are looking for. so if they say they only want to hire a women [CITATION NEEDED], guess thats their choice.
    Fixed
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

As we barrel along this off-topic run-away, I'd just like to point out that despite all of this extreme discrimination, prejudice, affirmative action, PC-culture, and sexism that male coaches are facing today, men are somehow persevering.

Yet while women’s basketball succeeds relative to other major sports, the percentage of female head coaches in the sport has actually been declining over the last five seasons, both overall and most severely at the Division I level.

Sixty percent of women’s Division I head coaches last season were men, while only 3 percent of all men’s coaches were women.And like most industries, the percentage of women in authority positions continues to fall the higher you move within an athletic department. Across all of Division I athletics last school year — men’s, women’s and coed sports alike — 37 percent of assistant coaches, 35 percent of head coaches, and just 9 percent of athletic directors were women.

When Title IX was enacted in 1972, more than 90 percent of women’s college teams were coached by women.3 Forty-three years later, that number has fallen to 40 percent.

Nice work, PC Police. You can't even discriminate against men properly.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by mr76 View Post
        When the racism and discrimination levels towards male coaches seeking women's coaching positions is equal to the centuries of discrimination towards minorities and women in this country than maybe I will consider your argument. Until then you just sound sexist and discriminatory. Like you want to make America great again!
        Whether you realize it or not, comments like the above are also sexist as well as bigoted.

In case you hadn't noticed, there are a lot of people who are tired of being called names when they don't hold any ill will toward anyone. Keep it up though, I'm sure your argument will convince them eventually. If that doesn't work, just shout them down. If it still doesn't work, maybe you can get them fired or thrown in jail for trumped up (no pun intended) charges.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
          Whether you realize it or not, comments like the above are also sexist as well as bigoted.

In case you hadn't noticed, there are a lot of people who are tired of being called names when they don't hold any ill will toward anyone. Keep it up though, I'm sure your argument will convince them eventually. If that doesn't work, just shout them down. If it still doesn't work, maybe you can get them fired or thrown in jail for trumped up (no pun intended) charges.
          I would put the rebuttal to the post you were responding to somewhat differently: Two wrongs don't make a right.

It is unfortunate that so many people see the need to "get even" to be more important than simply doing their best and encouraging everyone else to do likewise. But I guess the relative scarcity of the latter view is why we tend to think it's so noble.

With that Deep Thought Of The Day, I invite a return to the topic of the thread.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

What are the chances we hire a female to coach our men's team if she was the best person for the job?

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
              What are the chances we hire a female to coach our men's team if she was the best person for the job?
              Honest Question if Becky Hammon called and said she wanted an interview would they grant one? Makes around $200K as an assistant with the Spurs

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                Honest Question if Becky Hammon called and said she wanted an interview would they grant one? Makes around $200K as an assistant with the Spurs
                An NBA assistant with South Dakota ties.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post

NWO......for all the conspiracy addicts..LOL I tend to agree with your sentiments though.This kind of reminds me of my favorite movie,Good Will Hunting,if you've never watched it .
                  Last edited by jackdaniel; 04-07-2016, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mr76 View Post
                    When the racism and discrimination levels towards male coaches seeking women's coaching positions is equal to the centuries of discrimination towards minorities and women in this country than maybe I will consider your argument. Until then you just sound sexist and discriminatory. Like you want to make America great again!
                    Pot meet Kettle.

Comment

This Yori thing gets more and more interesting.
                      -Player accusations of mistreatment.
                      -Former assistant filing a discrimination grievance.
                      -A 4-year practice player saying practices never were easier than this year.
                      -Also says that players were soft; some refusing to run down the court or raise their hands on defense.
                      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                        -Also says that players were soft; some refusing to run down the court or raise their hands on defense.
                        Makes one appreciate even more the type of players AJ and staff recruit.Can't say enough about the hard work they all put in.Sheppard staying put at Neb,no surprise there,she seems like a Nebraska women through and through.Good for her sticking it out and not bailing.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                          That practice player was a white male, BTW. He statements are dog whistles that are racist, sexist, misogynistic, and most likely xenophobic as well. He needs to acknowledge his male white privilege and withdraw from school asap.
                          Last edited by SF_Rabbit_Fan; 04-07-2016, 01:22 PM. Reason: clarity
                          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I find this whole thread drift offensive... Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going back to my "Safe Space" where I can color in my coloring books and drink from my juice box.
                            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Here's one situation where having a man coach a women's team did not work out very well. Sad - son of the legendary Pat Summitt. www.swishappeal.com/2016/4/7/11389990/tyler-summitt-impregnates-former-player.
                              Last edited by bigticket1; 04-07-2016, 08:53 PM.

Comment

JT ‏@JtESPN991 8m8 minutes ago
                                "Being told it's Amy Williams job if she wants it. #USD #Nebraska"

Comment

Working...
                                X