Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016 Recruiting List

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    i think the concern has been identified and I see little disagreement on the proposition that SDSU has to figure out a way of give out the COA.

How do we do that? Do you have a proposal? Once a problem is identified, shouldn't the discussion shift to finding a solution? Is there concern (and a reasonable basis for the concern) that the administrators are not working on the problem?
    There is always hope, I bought 10 Power Ball tickets hoping to win 235 million. What would I do with all the money? A bunch would probably go to SDSU, and doing so would get me some of the withholding from the winnings back as a deductible charitable contribution. I believe its one of few itemized deductions that don't phase out for rich guys. Of course one of those ten numbers has to be a match.

Seriously, I am with Jack#1 who I trust and he is right we do have to repay the bonds and I think the first repayment is 2016 or 2017.

Comment

Cost Of Attendance: The Thread

I'm creating this thread here to collect all of the stray discussions scattered around the board.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Re: Cost Of Attendance: The Thread

I did not match Power Ball. I will try again Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          Good man!
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I hope you succeed otherwise it could be your fault our 3rd string punter isn't driving around in a Lamborghini next year.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
              I hope you succeed otherwise it could be your fault our 3rd string punter isn't driving around in a Lamborghini next year.
              Which is his right too. He is being exploited by the NCAA (evil rich white guys). College athletes on revenue generating sports deserve to get paid. Doesn’t matter where that money will come from. Heck might have to cut scholarships from non revenue generating sports. Just consider those non important student athletes collateral damage. But it’s worth it to keep those big sport athletes happy. Since everyone goes to the games to see those individuals and not the school they are playing for. These helpless kids have been forced to play sports for just scholarship money, or as a walk on for the love of the game. Such a travesty, and it’s about time they get their just due.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                Which is his right too. He is being exploited by the NCAA (evil rich white guys). College athletes on revenue generating sports deserve to get paid. Doesn’t matter where that money will come from. Heck might have to cut scholarships from non revenue generating sports. Just consider those non important student athletes collateral damage. But it’s worth it to keep those big sport athletes happy. Since everyone goes to the games to see those individuals and not the school they are playing for. These helpless kids have been forced to play sports for just scholarship money, or as a walk on for the love of the game. Such a travesty, and it’s about time they get their just due.
                Come now that's be serious. Why all the sarcasm? Its just money. I bought 10 more power ball tickets. I am hopeful.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  Yaaaaaaaaaaawn

Comment

I touched on this earlier, but it didn't generate much response. For those with loyalties to non-revenue sports, it is not my intention to offend.

SDSU sponsors 8/9 Summit League sports.

NDSU sponsors 6/9.

USD sponsors 6/9.

We have 2 more sports than the two schools in our conference who have announced FCOA. Money they are saving by not offering Summit sports is being spent on FCOA.

It would never happen, but if SDSU cut baseball it would seriously threaten the viability of the Summit League. Same with swimming/diving. NDSU and USD want to offer FCOA? Great, we do to and we're cutting baseball and swimming/diving to be able to do it.

I've asked previously, but didn't really get an answer. Why is it so critical that SDSU offers tennis and swimming/diving? Why is cutting sports such a non-starter when 5 Summit League schools offer 6 or fewer Summit League sports and we have 8 plus equestrian?
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                      Lamborghinis are for losers.

Maybachs. That's what the big boys have driven for them.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Sell has been very clear, we won' be cutting any sports to fund FCOA. I don't know what happens with Equestrian, if the NCAA decides against it I thought Sell stated we would keep it as a club sport. WE HAVE TO TRUST OUR ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT. They have the figures in front of them. They know what we can and cannot afford. They know if any private donors are being talked to. They will decide on any restructuring, ticket price increases, and other funding mechanisms. What I hope we don't do, panic and cut a bunch of sports or go begging to the Student Body asking them to fund FCOA (yes, that is a shot at USD).

Let Sell and company do their job.

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                        I touched on this earlier, but it didn't generate much response. For those with loyalties to non-revenue sports, it is not my intention to offend.

NDSU sponsors 6/9.

USD sponsors 6/9.

We have 2 more sports than the two schools in our conference who have announced FCOA. Money they are saving by not offering Summit sports is being spent on FCOA.

It would never happen, but if SDSU cut baseball it would seriously threaten the viability of the Summit League. Same with swimming/diving. NDSU and USD want to offer FCOA? Great, we do to and we're cutting baseball and swimming/diving to be able to do it.

I've asked previously, but didn't really get an answer. Why is it so critical that SDSU offers tennis and swimming/diving? Why is cutting sports such a non-starter when 5 Summit League schools offer 6 or fewer Summit League sports and we have 8 plus equestrian?

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post

NDSU sponsors 6/9.

USD sponsors 6/9.

I quite sure some of these sports have endowed scholarships. If I or you had sponsored a tennis scholarship, and some one came to me and told me that we now have to give your scholarship to football as we no longer offer tennis. What would be the reaction? Expletive Deleted and possibly a law suit which the donor would most likely not prevail. It would certainly be some bad tastes in some mouths if tennis and swimming were eliminated. Well we can always get new donors, sarcasm intended.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            Lamborghinis are for losers.

Maybachs. That's what the big boys have driven for them.
                            Heck, i had to Google that. We're gonna need a bigger FCOA.

Comment

Does anyone else see any irony in the fact that some want to cut other student athletes or scholarship athletes in an effort to give more money to other student athletes who play in more “prestigious” sports? Not sure if this is the typical robbing Peter to pay Paul sort of an example. Just because some are on the golf or tennis team or baseball, doesn’t mean they don’t work hard put in lots of time too. But they don’t generate revenue so they aren’t important compared to other athletes.
                              Anyway until the admin comes out and says there is no possible way to raise or fund COA or if we start losing current players to other teams because of COA, then I will think we need to look at more drastic measures, but Sell has done amazing things that let’s face it happened in the short amount of time he has been here. I trust he will figure out what’s best for SDSU.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I quite sure some of these sports have endowed scholarships. If I or you had sponsored a tennis scholarship, and some one came to me and told me that we now have to give your scholarship to football as we no longer offer tennis. What would be the reaction? Expletive Deleted and possibly a law suit which the donor would most likely not prevail. It would certainly be some bad tastes in some mouths if tennis and swimming were eliminated. Well we can always get new donors, sarcasm intended.
                                Thanks Nidaros, I hadn't thought of that. This is the kind of answer I was hoping for from my question.
                                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                X