Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2015 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    I think most Gopher and Big Ten fans weren't surprised at Bo's reaction after the game last night. I'm no Duke fan but I was last night. And Bo forgot to mention that their basket that changed the momentum of the Kentucky game was scored about 2 seconds after the shot clock had expired.
    How quickly some forget.

Officials are human. They make mistakes but most of the time they even out. Duke adjusted to the way the officials were calling the game last night. Wisconsin didn't.

Comment

The officials did a great job of making Dekker go o'fer from 3-point land, and they did an even better job helping Tyus and Grayson make their shots. Hell, they even helped K outcoach Bo the last 10 minutes (Kaminsky in the low post anyone?).

National champs. Haters gonna hate. Go Duke.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        How quickly some forget.

Officials are human. They make mistakes but most of the time they even out. Duke adjusted to the way the officials were calling the game last night. Wisconsin didn't.
        You can say they didn't adjust to the high screen and roll Duke ran for Tyus Jones, but the two charges by Winslow that did not get called, the foot on the line by Okafor, the flop by Jones on Dukan's post-up, the ball off the finger tip that was "reviewed" are not plays you adjust to. They were the wrong calls that hurt Wisconsin's chances of winning. If all of those had been called correctly and Duke still won the game than more power to them, unfortunately we will never know.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
          The officials did a great job of making Dekker go o'fer from 3-point land, and they did an even better job helping Tyus and Grayson make their shots. Hell, they even helped K outcoach Bo the last 10 minutes (Kaminsky in the low post anyone?).

National champs. Haters gonna hate. Go Duke.
          Exactly. 13 minutes left,Okafor and Winslow on the bench with foul trouble, the officials made Wisconsin stop running there offense and just dribble in circles on top of the key. Bo's a whiner.

Comment

Originally posted by mr76 View Post
            You can say they didn't adjust to the high screen and roll Duke ran for Tyus Jones, but the two charges by Winslow that did not get called, the foot on the line by Okafor, the flop by Jones on Dukan's post-up, the ball off the finger tip that was "reviewed" are not plays you adjust to. They were the wrong calls that hurt Wisconsin's chances of winning. If all of those had been called correctly and Duke still won the game than more power to them, unfortunately we will never know.
            So, you didn't notice Hayes give him a shove? I'm guessing you didn't notice the intentional foul by Kaminsky on the same play where he wrapped his arms around Okafor.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
              So, you didn't notice Hayes give him a shove? I'm guessing you didn't notice the intentional foul by Kaminsky on the same play where he wrapped his arms around Okafor.
              Or the flop by Kaminsky in the first half when he was guarding Okafor. If that's a foul so is DUKEns.

People tend to remember the plays the don't agree with and lose sight of all the plays that went their way. Blaming the refs is a convenient way for some to justify a loss. The fact is they rarely have much of an impact as there are plays both ways that could/couldn't have been called.

Comment

post exhibiting extremely poor taste deleted - filbert

Comment

Airline pilots are human too, I would still want them to do a good job, and limit their mistakes as much as possible. Maybe better training, certification process , some rules established can make referee's, better referee's. That shouldn't hurt, to try and make referee's better,would it?
                  As bad as some perceive criticizing ref's to be,Equally bad is the opinion that no one should want to see a better game, with better refereeing.
                  Why are refs "untouchable" in some people's mind in their job performance while anyone elses job performance is highly scrutinized. I know it's a tough job,one you can't possibly please everyone with ,so, I get that. It's the blanket approval of a job well done, when in fact it wasn't that's irritating to fans and detrimental to the sport in the long run.The Emperor has no clothes! (can't see the truth,or are afraid to acknowledge it). I'll comment no further, there's obviously two lines of thought, and no amount of convincing is going to bridge the gap between the two. That's OK too, no two people are exactly alike.
                  Last edited by jackdaniel; 04-07-2015, 11:18 PM. Reason: to make clearer,changed some wording

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                    Airline pilots are human too, I still want them to do a good job, and limit their errors as much as possible. Maybe better training, certification process , some rules established can make them better referee's. That shouldn't hurt, to try and make them better,would it?

Equally bad is the opinion that no one should want to see a better game, with better refereeing. Why are they "untouchable" in some people's mind in their job performance and anyone elses job performance is highly scrutinized. I know it's a tough job,one you can't please everyone ,so, I get that. It's the blanket approval of a job well done, when in fact it wasn't that's irritating to fans and detrimental to the sport in the long run.The Emporer has no clothes!. I'll comment no further, there's obviously two lines of thought, and no amount of convincing is going to bridge the gap between the two. That's OK too, no two people are exactly alike.
                    Have you ever reffed a game? I have not and the people that have, say it is very different than watching a game from a seat or from home.

Comment

I'm sure people have reffed a game on here, I have not. Just to set the record straight.
                      Disagree ref's calls cannot impact a game, they certainly can, and sadly do. A bad call can kill momentum, or initiate it. A bad call can deflate or stimulate players, energy, spirit. determination.Too many bad calls can crush any sense of hope. At crucial times in the game, the calls can magnify these things. That's why it's important to me that they don't influence the game, and make the right calls. Then adjustments can be made, because there will be a standard to make them with (the rules )otherwise there isn't really much one can do is there, except hope they start calling them right and there's time left to do something. Shouldn't have to be that way,but it is.
                      Last edited by jackdaniel; 04-07-2015, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                        Airline pilots are human too, I still want them to do a good job, and limit their errors as much as possible. Maybe better training, certification process , some rules established can make them better referee's. That shouldn't hurt, to try and make them better,would it?

Equally bad is the opinion that no one should want to see a better game, with better refereeing. Why are they "untouchable" in some people's mind in their job performance and anyone elses job performance is highly scrutinized. I know it's a tough job,one you can't please everyone ,so, I get that. It's the blanket approval of a job well done, when in fact it wasn't that's irritating to fans and detrimental to the sport in the long run.The Emporer has no clothes!. I'll comment no further, there's obviously two lines of thought, and no amount of convincing is going to bridge the gap between the two. That's OK too, no two people are exactly alike.
                        What are you talking about? This makes no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          What are you talking about? This makes no sense.
                          Back up a ways till you get to the reference about ref's only being human. This is my response, should have added the post I'm responding to probably.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            How quickly some forget.

Here you go Nidaros, I know I saw this quote somewhere.

Comment

It's in the books now right or wrong. Duke is the champ. That's my point. Certain calls are subject to review and that is good. I was pulling for Wisconsin. Btw

Comment

The NCAA needs to use the NBA review system for the tournament. The refs didn't even see that replay of the ball going off the Duke guy's finger tip because it was only a TV replay.

Comment

Working...
                                X