2015 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament

15 seed NDSU plays #2 Gonzaga in Seattle, Washington.

The Bison will get rocked. Go Zags!!

Re: 2015 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
    15 seed NDSU plays #2 Gonzaga in Seattle, Washington.

The Bison will get rocked. Go Zags!!
    It would be good for the league if the Bison could pull off another upset, but I don't see it happening vs. Gonzaga, especially in Seattle.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      It would be good for the league if the Bison could pull off another upset, but I don't see it happening vs. Gonzaga, especially in Seattle.
      I don't care if its good for the league (sorry for being selfish). I'm still butt-hurt and mourning over that loss in Sioux Falls......I want to see Gonzaga roll them.

Comment

I don't care if its good for the league (sorry for being selfish). I'm still butt-hurt and mourning over that loss in Sioux Falls......I want to see Gonzaga roll them.
        Im with you.

Comment

I can't seem to shake my butt-hurt. The Bison getting embarrassed by the Zags might help.

Comment

oof.

Comment

Ron Hunter, former head coach at IUPUI, made the news in more than one way today. Georgia State is his job now and he was injured in the post game celebration. Ron is not able to leap as high he may have once.
              http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-...212642931.html
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                Ron Hunter, former head coach at IUPUI, made the news in more than one way today. Georgia State is his job now and he was injured in the post game celebration. Ron is not able to leap as high he may have once.
                http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-...212642931.html
                Hard to imagine how you can end up with a 38-36 final with a shot clock in play.

Comment

Buffalo hanging with West Virgina so far. Announcers saying Buffalo's win against SDSU was a good win. Nice little shout out from them.

Just think if Marshall could have played that game.....

Comment

Officiating questioned in NCAA Championship game? Naw, can't be, must be a misprint. My take, their should be no elite teams in basketball,they should all be officiated the same. This disparity in calls ,in general and at crucial times in the game, happens far too often in basketball,and should be addressed to restore the good image of the game. Acceptence of poor officiating serves no one.

Link http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/04/duke...low-ncaa-final

Comment

I'm sick and tired of players, coaches, fans whining after EVERY drive to the hoop, either the offensive guy is whining no foul was called or the defensive guy whines that a foul was called. Then the coach jumping around yelling like a fool in the background. And don't be fooled, I'm no Duke fan. I was definitely hoping Wisconsin would win.

I did forgot about the tipped ball out of bounds until I saw the video this morning. That was a bad call.

The only explanation for the call that I can come up with is the ref's can't slow down the video at table therefore couldn't see his finger obviously tip the ball....or are they seeing the exact same thing as we see on tv...zoomed in and slowed down video?
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I think most Gopher and Big Ten fans weren't surprised at Bo's reaction after the game last night. I'm no Duke fan but I was last night. And Bo forgot to mention that their basket that changed the momentum of the Kentucky game was scored about 2 seconds after the shot clock had expired.

Comment

I've turned off and quit watching games because the officiating was so horrendous. I guess people have different thresholds for bad calls, but it's not the calls so much as the disparity to which team they give the benefit of the doubt to 90% of the time. If the games not fairly officiated, I can't watch it. These are games I have no allegiance to any particular team, just that ones an 'elite' team and one's a 'no name'. Maybe I'm just too conscious of these calls and it bothers me more ,but I stand by my original post.

The call I find most distasteful, is the player 'x' is so good bias ,that if he/she misses a contested shot, player 'X' must have been hacked, otherwise he would have made it assumption/bias, without having actually seeing anything to support this call. That brings into focus the "automatic whistle", the foul based purely on assumption. It's my belief, unless actually seen, no foul should be called. There's been times when I've heard a whistle before I've seen any contact, which is ridiculous .Another is the "late call", where the official holds off on the whistle, depending on the result of the play .This should be disallowed, either there was a foul or not, there should be no noticeable time between the foul and the whistle, period.

Just one more, the player X, usually with long arms, comes flying into a group of opposing players trying to grab a rebound, with a noticeable bumping hard into opposing rebounders, not getting the foul called on her/him, noooo, but rather reaching through all the arms enough to poke the ball out of bounds. Who's the ref give the possession to but X's team, because there were more players around the ball not wearing X's color of uniform. To not call fouls, like Filbert say's ,causes the game to become much more physical, and much less enjoyable to watch.
                          Last edited by jackdaniel; 04-07-2015, 11:08 AM. Reason: Thanks Filbert...."editing power" ,yes!

Comment

The main problem with officiating is that officials don't enforce the rules of basketball.

On almost every single possession you saw in the final four, there were multiple fouls committed which were not called. An official can call a foul on the defense on pretty much every possession--hand check, illegal contact or blocking with arm, shoulder, hip, torso, leg, etc.

Offensive fouls happen with distressing regularity also and aren't called either--NCAA rulebook, Rule 4.17.3: "Every player shall be entitled to a spot on the playing court, provided that such player gets there first without illegally contacting an opponent. (Exception: Rule 4-17.7)" (The exception is the Restricted Area underneath the basket.) Offensive players go through defenders all the time to get to the ball, and more often than not it's the defender that gets called for a foul, if a foul is called at all. The defender has a right to be where he is.

The extreme physicality of the final four really detracts from its watchability for me personally, and that's a shame.

Referees, just call the fouls. The players and coaches will quickly figure it out, and adjust their games.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                              I'm sick and tired of players, coaches, fans whining after EVERY drive to the hoop, either the offensive guy is whining no foul was called or the defensive guy whines that a foul was called. Then the coach jumping around yelling like a fool in the background. And don't be fooled, I'm no Duke fan. I was definitely hoping Wisconsin would win.

I did forgot about the tipped ball out of bounds until I saw the video this morning. That was a bad call.

The only explanation for the call that I can come up with is the ref's can't slow down the video at table therefore couldn't see his finger obviously tip the ball....or are they seeing the exact same thing as we see on tv...zoomed in and slowed down video?
                              I'm with this guy. I'm not sure how they didn't reverse the out of bounds call. Take that call and compare it to the call in the Summit League final where they overturned the out-of-bounds and called the ball off Marshall. That to me was WAY less conclusive than last night. WAY less. Maybe they can't slow it down like they do for the TV audience, but that makes me question the Summit call even more. The Jacks still had their chances so I'm not angry just more bewildered.

I'd also like to point out that when we are watching on TV and there is a play at the rim. From our angle and distance a lot of plays look like fouls. They then show the baseline shot and there might be a foot between the defender and the offensive player. The refs are close and almost always have a better angle then us fans on TV or in the stands.

Comment

Working...
                              X