AA basketball in SD is hard to watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AA basketball in SD is hard to watch

Shot clock will go into effect the 2008-09 season and the halves were shot down this time around. Many thought it would be the other way around. Surprised that the halves didn't go through and expect it to be revisited again next year. Hopefully they change the halves to 18 min halves. Along with the shot clock would resemble the college game and better prepare collegiate bound athletes.

Comment

I predict that the shot clock is not going to have that much of an impact on scoring. I can't remember which coach it was that said the timed a couple of games, and only a handful of possessions came close to the limit. If it does anything to increase the number of possessions a team has, it most likely will be because the other team's player felt rushed into taking a shot.

I would have preferred the 18 minute halves over the shot clock, but I readily admit my opinion isn't worth a whole lot and not that informed.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Then maybe take it as a step forward for basketball in South Dakota and hopefully in the near future they do the 18 minute halves.

Comment

Working...
        X