Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Daum - The Dauminator

Default Re: Mike Daum - The Dauminator

So if he is doing good he is"dauminating". But if he struggles an "ahh daum it" is in order?
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Quote Originally Posted by goon View Post
    So if he is doing good he is"dauminating". But if he struggles an "ahh daum it" is in order?
    "Daum it to heck."
    "I think we'll be OK"

We need to lobby Daum go grow his hair out. He looks a lot like Mike Miller did at his age...get the kid some locks and a headband he may become a doppelganger
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    "Daum it to heck."
    Maybe he three point shot should be from Daumtown
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

@kenpomeroy Two freshmen lead their conference's all-kPOY team: Ben Simmons and South Dakota St.'s Mike Daum, aka the Ben Simmons of the Summit League

Yes, that Ken Pomeroy.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    @kenpomeroy Two freshmen lead their conference's all-kPOY team: Ben Simmons and South Dakota St.'s Mike Daum, aka the Ben Simmons of the Summit League

Yes, that Ken Pomeroy.
    Nothing like tempering expectations! Mike's been great the first time around the conference. Certainly the biggest surprise. Team's will adjust now that they've seen him. He was on fire Sat. Fun to watch.
    Nothing better than "motorboating" the Gophers!

He's got some serious potential there is no doubt. I hate to put too much on a RS Freshmen's shoulders. Sometimes they take another step forward as a Soph and sometimes they regress. We've seen some of both in recent years at SDSU. I just know he has been a huge factor for the team and provided a spark at times when one was really needed. Others have done that too. Nice to see the team getting healthy for the stretch run.

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCountryJack View Post
    Nothing like tempering expectations! Mike's been great the first time around the conference. Certainly the biggest surprise. Team's will adjust now that they've seen him. He was on fire Sat. Fun to watch.
    It was interesting that as soon as he entered Saturday's game USD double teamed him whenever he got the ball in the post. Pretty telling who the USD coaching staff thought was our biggest threat, and even more amazing that the RsFr rose to the challenge.

Daum has a really high ceiling and physical tools rarely seen in our league, but I also remember last year when several posters claimed that Telly was better as a true freshman than Chad White was as a senior.

One thing I know, I am very glad to have Daum and Telly on the team.
    I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what Im with isnt it, and whats it seems scary and wierd. Itll happen to you. Abe Simpson

I did notice the doubles and I'm not a fan of doubles in the post especially with a good passer. Reed had a great freshmen season because of all the open looks we got from that tactic. Sometimes I wonder if that's been some of Reed's issue's this year. Lack of wide open looks. One thing I love about Daum is his fearlessness. He sets a pick amd teams seem to go under and he pops well on that 3. Seems like his shot selection has become more reliable as well. In the post he's got a nice handle for a big kid.
    Nothing better than "motorboating" the Gophers!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCountryJack View Post
    One thing I love about Daum is his fearlessness. He sets a pick amd teams seem to go under and he pops well on that 3.
    A family member who is a college coach saw SDSU for the first time this year against MTSU at the Pentagon and he immediately commented about how #24 had zero hesitation looking for a perimeter shot. Even though Daum wasn't just jacking 3's it was interesting to hear a coach notice a scorer before he even sees the player take a shot.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright