Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mike Daum - The Dauminator

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Cadwell started all 29 games as a freshman and averaged 36.4 minutes (that's hard to imagine, but that's what the stats said), and averaged 32.1 minutes as a soph.
    Wow that is a bunch. I knew he logged a lot but I wouldn't of guessed that many.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      Cadwell started all 29 games as a freshman and averaged 36.4 minutes (that's hard to imagine, but that's what the stats said), and averaged 32.1 minutes as a soph.
      I thought he left after his freshman year. Apparently didn't.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        I thought he left after his freshman year. Apparently didn't.
        Here is a good summary of Matt's career at SDSU:

http://www.twincities.com/2007/07/15...-matt-cadwell/
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

Matt and his wife are in the Brookings area. I believe he is still a teacher at Sioux Valley (Volga).

Comment

I haven't seen them play live, only on-line. What is the resemblance of Daum to a Phil Jackson (of NBA and CBA coaching fame)? I know Phil was not as good on the outside shot. If there are any old-timers who have seen both play.

Comment

Mike Daum - The Dauminator

Daum should be on the first team all conference. Him, White from Omaha, and Konchar are clearly the best big men in the Summit League. I think they pick six, and he should be one of the six.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I hate to leave Covington off the first team, but his team finished dead last.

LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post
                  I haven't seen them play live, only on-line. What is the resemblance of Daum to a Phil Jackson (of NBA and CBA coaching fame)? I know Phil was not as good on the outside shot. If there are any old-timers who have seen both play.
                  I seen Phil play at the SDSU Fieldhouse(aka Barn) in 1965. He was only a skinny sophomore and my thoughts then was he would never match up to Tom Black SDSU post on 1963 team. The game has changed so much since then. Mike is no doubt a better player at this stage of his career. He is very mobile and moves like a shooting guard and has unbelievable moves. Weight rooms hardly existed in the 1960's. I think Phil Jackson did not start to beef up until he got into the NBA. Everything is so complete for athletic development that you really can not compare. Plus the game has changed very much since then. Phil Jackson had basically two coaches at UND, Bill Fitch and Jimmie Rogers, both went on to coach in the NBA, Nagy has himself and four others who probably all work with Daum and have made him a very good player who will no doubt be one of the all time greats at SDSU.

Comment

The Sioux put on a great pregame dunk show. Phil would stuff both arms down the hoop and bring them back with the ball. His extra long arms were more useful than his height. Fewer teams in NBA then, so fewer roster spots. Making a team was really special.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                      Daum should be on the first team all conference. Him, White from Omaha, and Konchar are clearly the best big men in the Summit League. I think they pick six, and he should be one of the six.

It's such a guard oriented league. How many teams even have a post presence beyond the Jacks and Omaha? Daum will be contingent on what they do with Marshall and Parks. Probably won't have two Jacks on the team unless they go 6. My guess is these four are pretty much locks;
                      Landis
                      Obi
                      Marshall
                      White

I think the fifth will be down to Parks, Daum, Konchar, Omaha guard (Patterson I believe)and Covington.
                      Nothing better than "motorboating" the Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post
                        The Sioux put on a great pregame dunk show. Phil would stuff both arms down the hoop and bring them back with the ball. His extra long arms were more useful than his height. Fewer teams in NBA then, so fewer roster spots. Making a team was really special.
                        No doubt about it, but you have to credit Fitch and Rogers for making him stronger and putting on some bulk. Apparently they got him into a weight room on a regular basis. I was totally surprised to see him playing in the NBA in 1970 when I got out of the service and saw him playing for the Knicks. I think Daum has the potential to make the NBA, because of his outside shooting skills. He does have to improve on Defense, and I trust the staff is working on that.

Comment

http://collegecourtreport.com/award-...year-fan-vote/
                          Daum is in the field
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                            Along with Konchar.

Comment

SLT MVP as a freshman? I wonder how long it has been since that has happened. We knew the kid was something special before the last four days, but he definitely took it to a new level performing like that on the biggest stage in his career.

Tournament stats:

19.7 points and 8 rebounds playing an average of just 25.3 minutes

Comment

I am far from a SDSU Basketball know-it-all these days. I haven't been to a basketball game since Nate's Senior Year. I try to catch every game that they play on ESPN3, so I am able to see a handful of games that way each year. With a small sample size here, I am VERY impressed with Daum. I think that Daum and Tellinghuisen (sp?) give this team a very bright future. I am not sure what we have to replace Marshall and Parks after this year though? Either way though, I sure am glad to have Daum for 3 more years. He will be a force to reckon with in the Summit League.

Comment

Working...
                                X