Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mike Daum - The Dauminator

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Oakland was the master of the illegal screen that was never called. Should ask kampe was the secret to it is. Ian also seems to get one out of position on a rebound.
    Drew Valentine never set a legal screen in his college career, yet somehow was never in foul trouble.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

Good article about Daum from Omaha.com

http://www.omaha.com/sports/quickly-...9afc28998.html

Comment

Dauminator is going to Dominate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Daum got a mention in an ESPN article about 50 players who could make an impact in march. It is an insider article so I post what was said about him. This is the link to the whole article if you want to take a look.
          http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...caa-tournament

Daum is a volume scorer, and alongside kindred spirits
          Deondre Parksand George Marshall, the 6-foot-9 freshman has the Jackrabbits poised for the program's first tournament bid since the Nate Wolters-led 2012-13 team. In his most recent outing against South Dakota, Daum scored 24 points on 7-of-11 shooting from the field and a 9-of-9 effort at the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
            Daum got a mention in an ESPN article about 50 players who could make an impact in march. It is an insider article so I post what was said about him. This is the link to the whole article if you want to take a look.
            http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...caa-tournament

Daum is a volume scorer, and alongside kindred spirits
            Deondre Parksand George Marshall, the 6-foot-9 freshman has the Jackrabbits poised for the program's first tournament bid since the Nate Wolters-led 2012-13 team. In his most recent outing against South Dakota, Daum scored 24 points on 7-of-11 shooting from the field and a 9-of-9 effort at the line.

Thanks for the quote/link. It's really incredible how efficient he is with his scoring. 24 points on only 11 shots is a rare thing, and he's done something like that multiple times.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Omaha's center, Jake White is on everyone's shortlist for conference MVP. Here are his stats in the Summit League games compared to Daum's.

White: 27.6 min/game, 6.4 RPG, 18.5 PPG, 26.8 points/40 min.

Daum: 23.1 min/game, 6.6 RPG, 17.3 PPG, 29.9 points/40 min.

I bet UNL will be kicking themselves for missing on Daum.

Comment

Daum will probably be Newcomer of the Year or 6th Man of the Year. He's very talented and has a bright future ahead of him. Although these are not the MVP award, they are still great honors and he definitely deserve one of them (if not both!)
                Rollin' in my 5.0
                With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

He deserves and will likely get some consideration for MVP. Could you imagine this Jackrabbit team without him? No way are we at the top of the conference. He has become the most important player for this team.

I think he is the Newcomer and 6th man of the year for sure. Granted, I'm biased. Without Daum this team is middle of the Summit League pack.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                    He deserves and will likely get some consideration for MVP. Could you imagine this Jackrabbit team without him? No way are we at the top of the conference. He has become the most important player for this team.

I think he is the Newcomer and 6th man of the year for sure. Granted, I'm biased. Without Daum this team is middle of the Summit League pack.
                    He should be a lock for 6th man. Should be between him and Konchar for newcomer.

Comment

... Daum’s 20 points gives him 423 points this season, 30 shy of tying Matt Cadwell (453 points in 2006) for the SDSU freshman scoring record

He has a minimum of 2 games to complete this number.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                        ... Daum’s 20 points gives him 423 points this season, 30 shy of tying Matt Cadwell (453 points in 2006) for the SDSU freshman scoring record

He has a minimum of 2 games to complete this number.
                        I wonder what the difference would be in minutes played between the two?

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                          I wonder what the difference would be in minutes played between the two?
                          IIRC, Matt started all/most of the year and played a TON of minutes..
                          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                            IIRC, Matt started all/most of the year and played a TON of minutes..
                            Thats what I was getting at. I'm not sure Matt would have double the minutes but it would be a wide margin.

Comment

Mike Daum is 6th in the country in Player Efficiency Rating (PER) at 32.49 and the only other freshman in the top 10 is the likely #1 pick in the NBA Draft Ben Simmons (#10 at 30.26).

To put that in perspective, Nate Wolters has the 25th best PER in college basketball during his senior campaign since 2009-10 (interesting that 6 players are ahead of that mark so far this year) and his PER was 31.98.
                              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                                Thats what I was getting at. I'm not sure Matt would have double the minutes but it would be a wide margin.
                                Cadwell started all 29 games as a freshman and averaged 36.4 minutes (that's hard to imagine, but that's what the stats said), and averaged 32.1 minutes as a soph.

Comment

Working...
                                X