Jacks get in Auburn Hills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jacks get in Auburn Hills

s. phillips compares jacks going to a.h. is like ndsu going to sioux falls and trying to beat the jacks. guess he isn't far off there. anyway, not giving jacks much of a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit View Post
      Pregame Rally info for Alumni and Friends at the NCAA -Auburn Hills:

http://www.statealum.com/s/1108/inde...=13&calcid=685

Go State!

I like how none of the starters are in the middle holding up the sign. Takes a team to win.

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
        s. phillips compares jacks going to a.h. is like ndsu going to sioux falls and trying to beat the jacks. guess he isn't far off there. anyway, not giving jacks much of a chance.
        Yes, except unlike the SFA, the Palace won't be 80% Wolverines fans. Jacks will have plenty of support, especially if they look like they're giving Michigan a good fight. You know the MSU people there would be delighted to see Michigan go down to a Summit League school in the Big Dance.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Michigan has not been playing well in those bright yellow unis with matching shoes. think they blinded themselves

Comment

13 seed and above usually equals a "tough draw". Just the way a tourney like the NCAA men's BB one works. I think this is a decent match-up for the Jackrabbits. Certainly, no one is crazy enough to expect SD State to upset Michigan in Auburn Hills but is surely could happen.

Most impressive for me? My alma mater the SDSU Jackrabbits will be tipping of the opening round evening session of the NCAA men's basketball tournament on CBS during prime time television. We have come a long way from playing Northern St for a shot at the DII elite eight.

Remember, last year Jacks played on TruTV, definitely not a nationwide audience. Thursday we get CBS with their top crew. Uberexposure.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
              Maybe even Stu W. will cheer for the Jacks.
              Stu Whitney is going to be there with TV so possibly
              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                Stu Whitney is going to be there with TV so possibly
                No cheering on press row.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by vcuyvon View Post
                  Greetings from a VCU fan. My husband and I met some great SDSU fans several years ago when we played in a tournament in Cancun. I have kept up with the Jackrabbits ever since and I was happy when you guys won your conference championship. I have told quite a few VCU fans about the Jackrabbits and trust me, all of the VCU fans who make the trip to Michigan will be cheering loudly for you guys!! I think you have a great chance of an upset. Good luck and hope to meet some of you again in Auburn Hills.
                  Welcome to the board. And go VCU!

Comment

http://www.thetimesherald.com/articl...nclick_check=1

Jackrabbit support could be big from Michigan St supporters. Even the sports writers here in Port Huron are leaning Jacks. There is no love lost between the two although you do have a lot of people on both sides who cheer all things about Michigan. I have been proudly flagging my SDSU colors around here for years and every time I hear South Dakota State on the tv which has been a lot this, I about break my neck to turn around and watch.

Also did anyone else get a virus from one of the news articles in the other thread. I played something and all of a sudden it just started filling my screen with the same page over and over.

Comment

Working...
                    X