Jacks get in Auburn Hills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jacks get in Auburn Hills

What a great weekend, Saturday in Tea, SD Coach Nagy showed up at a tournament I was running in Tea for youth grades 3-8. People were like Coach Nagy just walked in, I shook his hand and told him can't wait to see where you play and add that The Jacks making the NCAA for my family is our Bahamas! My wife would rather go see the Jacks play in the tournament than go to the Bahamas! That made him smile. So we are off on Wednesday with the family of 5, kids out of school and headed to our relatives in Michigan and over to the game.

Someone once said it like this: "CAN"T WAIT"

Comment

With the Michigan draw, Nate is not only playing for a tournament win, but a guaranteed NBA contract.

His performance in this one could have a major impact on his draft stock.
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

Michigan can be beat. one of Penn States two wins in the BIG was Michigan the other Northwestern.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
          With the Michigan draw, Nate is not only playing for a tournament win, but a guaranteed NBA contract.

His performance in this one could have a major impact on his draft stock.
          Precisely what I thought. Big time implications for him and a lot of eyes will be on this matchup.
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
            Precisely what I thought. Big time implications for him and a lot of eyes will be on this matchup.
            There usually is one thing with Nate, and that is he plays up to the competition and plays big against better teams.
            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

I actually like the matchup. We're a 13 so no matter which 3 seed we get it will be tough. I was pretty disappointed at first that we have to play Michigan in what amounts to a home game on Oakland's home court. Some pretty rich irony there. Campe probably happy we're getting a little of our own medicine for having the "home court" advantage in Summit Tourney. Then they announced we will be on CBS at 6:15 Thursday night. Can we get any better press than that? Just imagine the millions of eyes that will see SDSU play! And, when we beat them the whole of the nation will adopt us as this year's Cinderella. So, on to Michigan to take down Big Blue!

Let's do this!!! GB, GB, GB!

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Michigan will have a home court advantage, but the disparity in fans and loudness may not be as much as you think. Every underdog and upset possibility gets all the other teams fans in attendence cheering interest if the game stays close late into the 2nd half.

Comment

Originally posted by Givethebunnyabone View Post
                  Michigan will have a home court advantage, but the disparity in fans and loudness may not be as much as you think. Every underdog and upset possibility gets all the other teams fans in attendence cheering interest if the game stays close late into the 2nd half.
                  This. As soon as the rest of the crowd starts to smell and upset, there will be thousands of instant Jackrabbit fans. I love attending these Round of 64 games!!

Comment

Originally posted by Crashola View Post
                    This. As soon as the rest of the crowd starts to smell and upset, there will be thousands of instant Jackrabbit fans. I love attending these Round of 64 games!!
                    Casual fans love underdogs and Michigan State fans love anyone who happens to be playing Michigan. The Jacks definitely have the potential to have plenty of noise in their corner if they can hang around into the second half.

Comment

Greetings from a VCU fan. My husband and I met some great SDSU fans several years ago when we played in a tournament in Cancun. I have kept up with the Jackrabbits ever since and I was happy when you guys won your conference championship. I have told quite a few VCU fans about the Jackrabbits and trust me, all of the VCU fans who make the trip to Michigan will be cheering loudly for you guys!! I think you have a great chance of an upset. Good luck and hope to meet some of you again in Auburn Hills.

Comment

Pregame Rally info for Alumni and Friends at the NCAA -Auburn Hills:

http://www.statealum.com/s/1108/inde...=13&calcid=685

Go State!
                        Last edited by 89rabbit; 03-18-2013, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Funny thread over at the Michigan State forum. Someone is asking where to buy Jackrabbit gear.

http://michiganstate.247sports.com/B...ear-17545414/1

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                            Casual fans love underdogs and Michigan State fans love anyone who happens to be playing Michigan. The Jacks definitely have the potential to have plenty of noise in their corner if they can hang around into the second half.
                            Maybe even Stu W. will cheer for the Jacks.

Comment

I am sure our old beat writer Solari will be rooting for the Jacks. He writes for Michigan St. and is a Michigan St. grad if I remember correctly.

Go Jacks!!!
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Will be interesting to see if Michigan breaks out the bright neon yellow unies (including shoes and socks) that they started using this season - way brighter even than what Baylor wore in the tourney last year. I usually don't care for exotic uniforms , but when I first saw these I thought that it would be cool to see the Jacks in something like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X