X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jacks get in Auburn Hills

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Nice to be on CBS as opposed to TruTV.
    Yep. CBS this year is a huge step up. Lundquist/Raftery/Nichols on the call. CBS probably bit at the chance to show Wolters v. Burke

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      The more I read about the matchup, the more I think it's favorable to SDSU.

Sucks to be in front of a big mostly hostile crowd, but karma's a female dog.
      Yea our guards are bigger than UM. Chad, Jordan and Tony are about the same size. UM has a couple coming off the bench 6'-10" but only play about 10 minutes. UM has no Senior's playing regular minutes. Lots of Freshmen, which is good for us. We have a lot more experience playing together and Senior leadership. Even Chad and Brayden are 4th year Junior's. In a close game I would want upper classmen, not Freshmen playing.

Go Jacks!!!
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
        Yep. CBS this year is a huge step up. Lundquist/Raftery/Nichols on the call. CBS probably bit at the chance to show Wolters v. Burke
        Evening game on network TV. LOTS of eyes on the Jacks and lots of underdog-lovers pulling for them. Big-time exposure and no better place to pull off an upset.

Comment

If we can upset UM, take a look at the next round. Winner of VCU vs Akron.

We could easily have a date with the sweet 16 if we get by UM.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

In the words of the great Charles Barkley, "I think in this tournament some of those other teams, those mid-majors you call them, they got players just as good as those back-end Big Ten teams so if they lose I won’t be surprised."
            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

On Fox 2 Detroit on their Sportswork program they have Greg Kampe and the U Detroit head coach talking about the games. Very complimentary of Nate and the Jacks with highlights from the SLT championship game. Kampe said Nate is the best guard he's coached against and said this game should be in the 80's point range.

Comment

The SL title game vs. NDSU was probably good preparation for the kind of physical play we're going to see from a Big 10 team.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                  Yea our guards are bigger than UM. Chad, Jordan and Tony are about the same size. UM has a couple coming off the bench 6'-10" but only play about 10 minutes. UM has no Senior's playing regular minutes. Lots of Freshmen, which is good for us. We have a lot more experience playing together and Senior leadership. Even Chad and Brayden are 4th year Junior's. In a close game I would want upper classmen, not Freshmen playing.

Go Jacks!!!
                  Burke is smaller,but after him they play Hardaway,Robinson III and Stauskas at 6'6 , and Morgan at 6'8. 6'10 McGary gets a lot of minutes off the bench,especially recently. He's really their only legit inside threat.

Comment

There's a saying about old age and treachery always beating youth and enthusiasm.

Michigan goes Jr-Soph-Fr-Fr-Fr.
                    SDSU goes Sr-Sr-Jr-Jr-Jr.

SDSU's achilles heel will be depth. Nagy's going to have to put a premium on prudent substitutions and use of his timeouts.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Burke is smaller,but after him they play Hardaway,Robinson III and Stauskas at 6'6 , and Morgan at 6'8. 6'10 McGary gets a lot of minutes off the bench,especially recently. He's really their only legit inside threat.
                      Well Burke is 6'-0" and Nate is 6'-4"
                      Brayden 6'4" and Hardaway is 6'-6"
                      Chad is 6'6" and Robinson is 6'6"
                      Jordan is 6'8" and Stauskas is 6'6"
                      Tony is 6'7" and Morgan is 6'8"

There is not a big disparity in size. I have never seen Michigan play, so just going off of stats.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        There's a saying about old age and treachery always beating youth and enthusiasm.

Michigan goes Jr-Soph-Fr-Fr-Fr.
                        SDSU goes Sr-Sr-Jr-Jr-Jr.

SDSU's achilles heel will be depth. Nagy's going to have to put a premium on prudent substitutions and use of his timeouts.
                        Michigan likes to push the pace just like the Jacks,so the bench will be needed. Also, with the Wolverines being athletic, foul trouble could come into play.

Comment

Michigan likes to push the pace just like the Jacks,so the bench will be needed. Also, with the Wolverines being athletic, foul trouble could come into play.
                          That is true--if Michigan plays too fast and out of control, they'll rack up fouls in a hurry.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                            If we can upset UM, take a look at the next round. Winner of VCU vs Akron.

We could easily have a date with the sweet 16 if we get by UM.
                            This kind of optimism!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                              Well Burke is 6'-0" and Nate is 6'-4"
                              Brayden 6'4" and Hardaway is 6'-6"
                              Chad is 6'6" and Robinson is 6'6"
                              Jordan is 6'8" and Stauskas is 6'6"
                              Tony is 6'7" and Morgan is 6'8"

There is not a big disparity in size. I have never seen Michigan play, so just going off of stats.
                              Hardaway and Robinson are both really quick and athletic and can shoot the 3 as well as take it to the basket. Stauskas is more of a grinder. I'm guessing Morgan matches up with Tony - Jordan should have an advantage if they can get it to him inside.

Comment

I've always like Michigan State Coach Tom Izzo. He recaps some recent Mid-Majors beating the power-conference schools in the story linked below from the Michigan State website. The story is about Michigan State but its a good reminder for all Mid-Majors (and the Majors too) about what not only CAN but HAS happened and its all part of why we love March Madness.
                                http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-...031713aai.html

Comment

Working...
                                X