Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV taking job at Sanford Health

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
    He probably knows who they are but I'm guessing he hasn't had a chance to dive into their situations, which is understandable considering the workload he has.
    ^^^this^^^ nice simple explanation

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      My eyes have been opened and I'm deeply ashamed.....wait, ah guess i'll hold back any criticism I may have harbored concerning MZ not knowing who Megan Stuart or Gabriel Boever are. .
      I must have missed something - did Gabby have an operation on something other than her knee ?

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
        It's a decent SDSU day at the Argus today. Zimmer has a baseball article, a revival of "Tuesday Tidbits" and a live chat at 2:00. You can't complain about that.

Apparently you can (-:

Comment

JimmyJack and Jacks#1Fan are right on the money. Print newspapers are struggling mightily. Even papers like the Argus are in danger.

The question is what is the future of local and regional news? That is a great question. One that would create a lengthy debate. My guess is we better get used to getting out info via email, twitter, and blogs. It appears this internet thing is going to stick!

In the meantime, I think you will see the SID office produce more "ready for print" media that can be picked up by the media outlets such as the Argus. We have been spoiled by having TV. Zimmer will do the best he can but he is wearing a LOT of hats.

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I'm going to quiz him on the Equestrian roster. #preparingtobeoutraged!

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
              LOL !!

Comment

2.17.15.jpg
                Today's front page from online sports section. Not sure SDSU fans should be the ones complaining.
                USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]572[/ATTACH]
                  Today's front page from online sports section. Not sure SDSU fans should be the ones complaining.

Yeah but you're used to it. We aren't.
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                    A good one laugh my ass off. LMAO. Rep pts given.

Comment

Is there no longer a live weekly chat for the Jacks? USD had one today. Took me 2 minutes to read through it.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                        Is there no longer a live weekly chat for the Jacks? USD had one today. Took me 2 minutes to read through it.
                        It's at 2PM on Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                          It's at 2PM on Tuesday.
                          I looked for the replay but couldnt find it.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                            I looked for the replay but couldnt find it.
                            Look to the right under completed live events.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...-chat/7464195/

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                              Look to the right under completed live events.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...-chat/7464195/
                              Found it, thanks

Comment

Out of curiosity, if it had been Zimmer who'd left the Argus and Terry suddenly had to cover the SDSU, Augie and USF beats, do you honestly think Terry would've been able to maintain the level of coverage several of you SDSU fans have come to expect? And would you expect him to suddenly know everything about injury-redshirted players on one of the now-almost 20 sports rosters Terry was suddenly and unexpectedly covering (when you factor in football, baseball, softball, men's/women's basketball, and wrestling for all three schools)?

Reading through this thread, it's crazy to me that you guys expect Zimmer to somehow shoulder Terry's workload without a fraction of drop-off while still carrying almost his entire full-time beat he was working before Terry left.

If the Argus had told Zimmer to drop everything Augie/USF-related to focus solely on SDSU and Zimmer just refused to give it up, I'd sympathize with you guys a bit. But, for the most part, it seems the Argus told him to maintain his previous full-time job and also take over another guy's full-time job. Yet because he doesn't know a couple of non-factor (at least this year, if I understood correctly) injured players within a few weeks of taking over the beat, he's somehow incompetent or not committed enough?

I'm sure one of the comebacks will inevitably be "Well, the Argus should just stop covering Augie/USF anyway," but since the Argus clearly hasn't chosen to do that, it's hard for me to understand how so many people on here are placing that blame on Zimmer. Like I said, I find it hard to believe Terry, beloved though he may be, would've been able to take over the Augie/USF beats and somehow maintain full coverage of all three schools at a superhuman level without some areas having to give a little bit.
                                Last edited by MrAugustana; 02-21-2015, 11:52 AM. Reason: quick revision

Comment

Working...
                                X