Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV taking job at Sanford Health

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    SF Washington, I think 2001 grad (early 2000's)
    1998. year after me.

Comment

I posted some comments on another thread, but will say 1) he did a good job on the first chat, even though he has had no chance to become more familiar with SDSU; 2) his job has just been doubled, and that will leave him very little time to do anything great for any of his assignments; and 3) until the Argus adds another staffer, we won't know who is going to be doing what. Suffice it to say MZ indicated he will do his best to cover all the bases, and I think he will do just that for now.

Comment

TV seemed to take the SDSU coverage to a higher level above USF and Augie, and now with the AL assignments we are back on the same level again. The squeeze on newspapers seems to have done this. I don't doubt Zimmer will do the best job possible, given the assignments, but as Jack#1 stated the Argus needs another staffer. I follow TV on facebook and he is experience some withdrawal feeling about not being able to cover signing day in FB. I suspect that's a temporary feeling and Sanford has a very good employee.

Comment

As if we need any more evidence that the Argus is stretch thin, MZ put out 4 different articles today. I know there were some people complaining about lack of coverage in the MBB thread, but that's a tough job to do.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Quite frankly Zimmer did an excellent job on the NDSU-SDSU game. I suspect he had to rush back to SF to cover the Augie-USF game.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              Quite frankly Zimmer did an excellent job on the NDSU-SDSU game. I suspect he had to rush back to SF to cover the Augie-USF game.
              No it was going on at the same time and Zim stayed for the wrestling match.

Comment

And did a nice job on the SDSU-Stanford article.
                You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Willing to give Zimmer a chance. Not his fault he has to juggle several duties.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                    No it was going on at the same time and Zim stayed for the wrestling match.
                    I just picked up a rare print copy and Tom Savage did the Augie-USF games. My bad. The Argus wasted a bunch of print on the glory days of Augie basketball which where few and far between. Also noticed Zimmer did a good job on the wrestling story.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      I just picked up a rare print copy and Tom Savage did the Augie-USF games. My bad. The Argus wasted a bunch of print on the glory days of Augie basketball which where few and far between. Also noticed Zimmer did a good job on the wrestling story.
                      Apparently I don't know how to read, because I did not notice that MZ didn't write the two Augie articles. Agree that both SDSU articles were great.
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                        Willing to give Zimmer a chance. Not his fault he has to juggle several duties.
                        I wish he would move his weekly on-line chat to the 2:00 Thursday time slot TV had. I didn't realize Zimmer did his on Tuesdays until I happened to see a tweet that he was going live. I joined in for awhile , but it was mostly NSIC and Augie fans , with a few Jacks fans there.

Comment

MZ has a few things to learn yet, when doing his chats, like our WBB team roster.

This question was asked "Hearing anything if Boever or Stuart will use the medical hardship option and come back next year ?"
                          His answer was "That went way over my head as the new guy. Anyone can chime in on that one."

Fair enough for now,but this comes under the heading "know your beat" in the near future.

Had I been participating in the chat, I'd of helped him out and told him who they were, as it was, no one did....wonder if he still doesn't know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                            MZ has a few things to learn yet, when doing his chats, like our WBB team roster.

This question was asked "Hearing anything if Boever or Stuart will use the medical hardship option and come back next year ?"
                            His answer was "That went way over my head as the new guy. Anyone can chime in on that one."

Fair enough for now,but this comes under the heading "know your beat" in the near future.

Had I been participating in the chat, I'd of helped him out and told him who they were, as it was, no one did....wonder if he still doesn't know who they are.
                            I know what you are talking about as I was the person who asked the question. I was surprised that he didn't seem to have a clue. I thought about trying to explain but didn't think it was worth the effort since he wouldn't have had an answer anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                              I know what you are talking about as I was the person who asked the question. I was surprised that he didn't seem to have a clue. I thought about trying to explain but didn't think it was worth the effort since he wouldn't have had an answer anyway.
                              I was a little disappointed too, that he didn't try and familiarize himself with the rosters at least of the sports that are being played (winter sports).

Comment

I think its a little unfair to expect him to be up and running with complete knowledge of the ins and outs of the program after 3 weeks in. Especially when he's covering 3 schools and its something as inane as medical redshirt questions about two players that were hurt well before he came on.
                                I'm sitting back and waiting to see what the Argus does. If they keep Matt on the combined SDSU/USF/Augie beat I will be cancelling my subscription as there will be less than 15 articles on SDSU in a month so no need to pay for the extra access.
                                "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                                -Leo Rosten

Comment

Working...
                                X