Vandrovec Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vandrovec Family

Jackrabbit Nation, Kailey Vandrovec and family are in need of our prayers. Kailey is hospitalized in Sioux Falls and fighting for her life. We are a powerful force.

Re: Vandrovec Family

Originally posted by Rack Jabbit View Post
    Jackrabbit Nation, Kailey Vandrovec and family are in need of our prayers. Kailey is hospitalized in Sioux Falls and fighting for her life. We are a powerful force.
    TV family again fighting through another med issue. My prayers to TV and his supporting family.

Rack - Great first post. Too many times first time posters spam, or come off blustery. Not you. Thanks for starting this thread.

Comment

Does anyone have any info on this ? Looking at Twitter,TV has had a number of job-related tweets this morning,the last one about an hour ago.

Comment

Jes updates Kailey's status on Caring Bridge. Her last post was 2 hours ago. Kailey is still on oxygen and isn't out of the woods but she hasn't gotten any worse. Terry is at home with Mya and the twins. They appreciate the prayers.p.s. thanks for the kind words rabid

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          Does anyone have any info on this ? Looking at Twitter,TV has had a number of job-related tweets this morning,the last one about an hour ago.
          Yes, he has had several sports related and casual tweets this morning. He does not appear to be in distress.
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
            Yes, he has had several sports related and casual tweets this morning. He does not appear to be in distress.
            Welll they have had a lot of ups and downs so maybe helps to have work that he really seems to love. Worse things couldnt have happened to nicer people. If you haven;t had the chance to visit with Terry your missing out, a real treat. because of his dedicatiion to his work SDSU fans are truly spoiled with his coverage. As a parent of a 19 month old, I worry constantly about my little guy like most parents do, can not imagine what they are going through.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Jabbit View Post
              Jes updates Kailey's status on Caring Bridge. Her last post was 2 hours ago. Kailey is still on oxygen and isn't out of the woods but she hasn't gotten any worse. Terry is at home with Mya and the twins. They appreciate the prayers.p.s. thanks for the kind words rabid
              Kailey is the surviving premature twin correct? Certainly the greatest threat to her health would be lung associated complications like infection (RSV, influenza, etc..). Kailey and the family certainly have my support in the form of well wishes. She is in very competent hands.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Here is a link to Kailey's caringbridge website. The Vandrovec's can use the Jackrabbit nation prayers. They have a very sick little girl. http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/ka...drovec/journal

Comment

Thank you for the Caring Bridge link. As a parent I can't even imagine what their family is going through. Continued prayers for the Vandeovecs
                  Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Originally posted by SkippyJack View Post
                    Thank you for the Caring Bridge link. As a parent I can't even imagine what their family is going through. Continued prayers for the Vandeovecs
                    Seconded. I have 13 yr old twins and our son has lung problems and this time every year I get scared as he usually gets hit with something and it is tough for a week. I am amazed and impressed with the strength and faith that TV and his wife have shown. Keep praying for them!
                    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Terry just posted on the Caring Bridge that things are going the wront direction. She is not responding to the medication they have her on and the odds of needing to intubate are increasing. The doctor is very concerned as she should have "turned the corner" by now.

Maybe the resident SDSUfans Doc can give us a run down on what exactly is going on. What exactly does intubating do in this situation?

Prays to Terry and his family. Has to be hell.

Comment

Everyone should be forewarned that the updates on the CaringBridge site are absolutely gut-wrenching and not for the faint of heart. Very tough to read as a parent.

The Vandrovecs need all of Jackrabbit Nations's prayers right now. We need Kailey to pull through.

Comment

No family should have to go through this once,much less twice. Prayers that the doctors will find the wisdom to turn this situation around.

Comment

Such an unfortunate dose of reality and perspective. Prayers to Terry and his family from my family.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              Terry just posted on the Caring Bridge that things are going the wront direction. She is not responding to the medication they have her on and the odds of needing to intubate are increasing. The doctor is very concerned as she should have "turned the corner" by now.

Maybe the resident SDSUfans Doc can give us a run down on what exactly is going on. What exactly does intubating do in this situation?

Prays to Terry and his family. Has to be hell.
                              Intubation is the placement of a tube through the mouth and vocal cords to assist a patient that can no longer adequately ventilate (breath) on their own. Once they are intubated and sedated a patient is placed on the ventilator to allow them to rest while the machine breathes for them. I manage intubated patients on ventilators on a daily basis. Its a necessary part of taking care of critically ill people. You never want to intubate someone however it is much better to do it when you want to and not when you absolutely have to.

So, if her doctors feel like she needs assistance with breathing in order to recover from this illness they will elect to intubate her, sedate her and place her on the ventilator. Its a very helpful intervention. Certainly, it means that the patient is very ill and it does expose them to other complications but when needed it should be done.

Children are particularly resilient as it pertains to critical illness. Granted, Terry's little one is at a decided disadvantage as a consequence of her premature entrance into this world and the associated complications she has experienced in her short life. That said, I assure everyone that is reading this that the doctors and nurses charged with providing her care are doing everything in their power to facilitate her recovery. Remain positive, optimism and encouragement are much more helpful than fear and worry.

Has a critical care physician I see severe illness everyday. I remind every family that recovery from critical illness is gradual. Good things tend to happen slowly while bad things tend to happen quickly. Lets hope Kailey stabilizes and begins to slowly improve. Think positive, be optimistic, keep perspective.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X