Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Vandrovec Family

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    ****ing awful. Our system is truly messed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's probably not terribly productive to lash out at "the system" (whatever that is). People sometimes find themselves in bad situations not of their making, and you can't "system" your way out of that--it'll happen no matter how hard you try to design something to avoid it, unless you can somehow foresee all possible bad situations and plan for them.

So . . .

Is there any kind of fund set up for kind-hearted people to send donations to try to help out? Anybody know anything about setting those things up? Also, I second mitchellrabbit's suggestion and hope that might be an option.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Here is what was posted on Caringbridge on Jan 26 by Lindsey Vandrovec. It includes a site for monetary donations.

This particular entry isn't being authored by Terry or Jessica. Instead, I have hacked Kailey's site. It's okay, I'm her aunt, I'm allowed to do these sorts of things.

Truly, this site is to keep all interested and prayerful parties updated on how Kailey is doing, but today's entry is going to veer off path from that. I don't think Kailey would mind. Her little brother, Ty is taking 'his turn' to be sick and has been hospitalized with bronchiolitis. He is requiring O2 support and lots of cuddles from mom.

Jessica has been someone that I've come to think of as someone that takes things in stride and ends up with a smile on her face, especially since the birth of Breley and Kailey. I think so many people would let those experiences beat them down, but she and Terry continue to come out of each trial as a stronger unit with a beautiful family. I just know in my heart of hearts that the stress continues to build for them, and they are true midwesterners in the sense that they strive to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and think it is a sign of weakness to ask for help. Well, as a 3rd party, it's just so much easier for me to reach out to all of you on their behalf (without their prior knowledge or permission of me doing so, hopefully they just thank me later and aren't upset that I got a little pushy, haha! Oops).

Teachers get pretty decent sick leave. In my experience as an educator though, that sick leave doesn't extend to our kids. I personally get 4 days for use when my kids are sick. With 2 young kids of my own, I burned through those days in late fall/early winter. Jessica has 4 kids that she is parenting, and with Kailey's medical needs, she burned through her days before I did, and continues to get stuck in the cycle, especially until this winter is over. Each day of lost pay would put any family in a bind, and I just wish and pray that finances would be the last thing on the list of worry when a parent needs to nurse a child back to health.

I've set up 2 ways that we can come alongside Terry and Jessica to help. The first, is a 'meal train.' For those folks that are local, this might be a really great option for you to help. It would take meal planning and preparation off of their to do list. Here is the link where you can sign up to take a meal on a particular day. This helps Terry and Jess know which days food should be expected, and also eliminates getting more than 1 meal on a particular day: http://www.mealtrain.com/?id=m54r0sy09b9t

The 2nd site that I have created is through "YouCaring." This might be the option for those that still want to help, but aren't close enough to make and deliver a meal (or ahem, can't cook :::raises hand::. If you want to help alleviate some of the financial stress, please feel free to donate at this link: https://www.youcaring.com/teamvandrovec

The #1 need for this family is your prayers. We ask that Ty heal quickly, and that the other kiddos avoid this illness, most especially Kailey. She has only been out of the hospital a few short weeks from her bout with RSV, and the absolute LAST thing that her lungs and body need are an assault from another respiratory infection/virus.

Thanks for reading,

Lindsey Vandrovec

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
        It's probably not terribly productive to lash out at "the system" (whatever that is). People sometimes find themselves in bad situations not of their making, and you can't "system" your way out of that--it'll happen no matter how hard you try to design something to avoid it, unless you can somehow foresee all possible bad situations and plan for them.

So . . .

Is there any kind of fund set up for kind-hearted people to send donations to try to help out? Anybody know anything about setting those things up? Also, I second mitchellrabbit's suggestion and hope that might be an option.
        System, society, that one place of employment, whatever it is that can't give someone in that situation a break and forces them to choose between helping their family and making money for their family is what I'll lash out against.

Thanks.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by happyjack View Post
          Here is what was posted on Caringbridge on Jan 26 by Lindsey Vandrovec. It includes a site for monetary donations.
          Thanks, happyjack. I thought I remembered that there was something set up out there somewhere, but wasn't sure.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

So . . .

I would gladly help orchestrate a pass the hat thing like we did last year if people are interested.

Comment

Actually, Nidaros, I think the post was written by Terry's wife. I base that on the statement about working so hard and being "so dedicated to your students." Terry's wife is a teacher. Doesn't make it any easier, but my guess is that it's the SF schools coming down on Jessica, not the Argus coming down on Terry. At least that's how I read it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
              --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                Actually, Nidaros, I think the post was written by Terry's wife. I base that on the statement about working so hard and being "so dedicated to your students." Terry's wife is a teacher. Doesn't make it any easier, but my guess is that it's the SF schools coming down on Jessica, not the Argus coming down on Terry. At least that's how I read it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                Re-reading, I think you are correct except that Kailey's Aunt hacked her Caringbridge page, and I have deleted my post to prevent further confusion. Excerpt from hacked page:

This particular entry isn't being authored by Terry or Jessica. Instead, I have hacked Kailey's site. It's okay, I'm her aunt, I'm allowed to do these sorts of things.

Its getting confusing, I will stop

Comment

To help clarify...Jessica Vandrovec made a post (vented) on Caringbridge yesterday (Sunday) about her family and employment situation. It was copied and pasted to this thread (post #103). She deleted it from Caringbridge a short time after she posted it. Early this morning (6 am) she made another post explaining she deleted it. If you go to Caringbridge.org and search for kaileyvandrovec you can read all of her posts. They have had more than their share of struggles. Here is a link if you wish to contribute money: https://www.youcaring.com/teamvandrovec

And here is this morning's post if you want to read it:

God Will Carry Us

4 hours ago

It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man. Psalm 118:8

I'm not usually one to vent so I prayed a lot yesterday and decided to delete my post. I hate how life can bring a person down so quickly. Yesterday was one of those days for me. I wasn't a good mom yesterday afternoon as my thoughts were elsewhere. My frustrations were high, my feelings were hurt and I was confused. I refuse to ever let that happen again. The only one to trust in situations like this is the Lord.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Prov. 3:5&6

I did a lot of crying and praying yesterday. I let myself get it all out. Not only did our twins have human metapnuemovirus ( which almost killed Kailey last year) but they also had double ear infections. ( no big deal....I know but when you add it all up, it was just one more thing to add to all the stress.) Just to recap my last month....Kailey, Taylor and Ty had RSV. Kailey spent 14 days in the PICU and hospital. We didn't have a family Christmas because we spent it and New Years in the hospital. I didn't get to enjoy Christmas break and have some time to refresh because I spent it all in the hospital with Kailey. My unpaid days kicked in and my check started getting deducted. We had one week of health before the twins started getting sick again. Then hmpv hit and Ty was in the hospital. The day he came home, Taylor started showing signs and symptoms. A fever of 105.1 is extremely frightening. She was a very miserable little girl. Now Kailey is running a fever and has a runny nose but her 02 is still ok. If you could feel the fear I have on a daily basis, you could understand why I just feel like we can't catch a break. Even the little things like our toaster dying during all of that seemed like the biggest deal. I told Terry I felt completely helpless yesterday, like when Kailey was so sick and in that little giraffe bed, there was nothing I could do for her but to pray. I've had those situations with Kailey way more than any parent should. I felt out of control, but I'm not really in control. God is. He's got this. I know prayers work. And that was what I could do to make things feel right again. I do not know what path our family will be taking but hopefully answers will come soon and we can move forward.

I know everyone has struggles of their own. Everyone is going through challenges and heartache at different levels. Every single person you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Pray for these people. Pray for a stranger you meet today. Life is too short, grudges are a waste of happiness, let go of what you can't change, apologize when you are wrong and just be kind to everyone.

Comment

Working...
                  X