Vandrovec Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vandrovec Family

A story from KSFY on the the Vandrovecs.

http://www.ksfy.com/story/22148465/f...-tiny-miracles
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Another bump in the road for Kailey.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/ka...drovec/journal

She is back in the PICU. She could use some prayers from Rabbit Nation.

Comment

Prayers sent. I can't imagine how hard this must be on that family.

Comment

Kailey is in the PICU again. Pretty sick little girl again. Link to the Caring Bridge website is in this thread somewhere. On a mobile device and dont know how to copy and paste.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
            Kailey is in the PICU again. Pretty sick little girl again. Link to the Caring Bridge website is in this thread somewhere. On a mobile device and dont know how to copy and paste.
            I've got your back MontanaRabbit - the link is - http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kaileyvandrovec
            Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Most recent Caring Bridge post for Kailey Vandrovec :
              Prayers are working!

12 hours ago
              Psalm 107:28-30 Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble, and he delivered them from their distress. He made the storm be still, and the waves of the sea were hushed. Then they were glad that the waters were quiet, and he brought them to their desired haven

Your prayers are working! We can't thank you all enough for praying and getting family and friends to pray for Kailey too. Kailey settled down wonderfully, her coughing stopped and she rested. Her numbers were awesome all night. Heart rate was in the normal range for the first time in days. As low as 70's when she was sleeping. Respirations were in the 20's and her 02 was weaned from 100% to 40%. She likes the CPAP machine because it helps her breathe so much easier. She was really struggling before and I'm sure she was close to tuckering out. Thank God we got here when we did. Her X-ray last night looked terrible. There was hardly any lung expansion. You couldn't even see her diaphragm or heart. Today is was 1,000 times better! The lasix and CPAP really opened her up. This ruled out the bacterial pneumonia they said she had again. So the antibiotics they started last night have been stopped again. We will wean her down on CPAP today as she tolerates it. If all goes well she could be back to high flow cannula by tonight. But there is no rush. We don't need another lung collapse like we had. Her blood gas last night looked good. The blood gas is a
              test that measures the levels of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the blood to determine how well your lungs are working. I don't think they will do a repeat check unless she gets worse. So we just hurry up and wait for her lungs to heal. They think this all started 8 days ago and usually, for a kid with normal lungs, it can take 7-10 days to feel better. It could take a month or longer for Kai to be back to baseline.

I was so scared last night. I couldn't even post info about the stuff we went over with the doctor. I just felt numb and I'm sure terry and I had a little PTSD from it all. I snuggled in with Kailey and prayed.

Philippians 4:6-7 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Today I am less anxious and have a good feeling that we are going to get better, not worse. I'm sure there will be bumps in the road but I think we will get further and further away from intubation.

Thank you you all once again for your prayers. I will update again tonight.
              Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

The (new) Vandrovec twins are ill- Taylor, the girl twin has the nasty virus that sent Kailey to the ICU for a month last winter. This is the latest Caring Bridge post- posted by a friend because Terry and Jess have their hands full: Notifications

Taylor's Turn

12 minutes ago

I really didn't want to have an excuse to hack back into Kailey's CaringBridge site, ever again, but when I heard the news, I wanted to reach out to all of Team Vandrovec's supporters.

The pendulum has swung, yet again. Taylor didn't look quite right to Jess yesterday after arriving home from the hospital with Ty. During the night, Taylor spiked a scary, high fever of 105.1, and it was only coming down to about 101 with fever-reducers. Tonight, she was diagnosed with human metapneumovirus (hMPV). Frankly, that's not a virus that regular people should even know how to spell, but this family does. Why? Because this is the same virus which Kailey had last winter which caused her to be put on life support and flown to Children's Hospital in Minneapolis. Taylor needs our prayers to get through, and Kailey needs our prayers to absolutely avoid contracting this nasty virus.

Thank you to those who have continued to check in on Team Vandrovec
                -Lindsey - See more at: http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun....17vcT26m.dpuf

Trying to remember these words: "Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation and be constant in prayer." --Romans 12:12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Unbelievable....they absolutely can't catch a break.
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

It has been a terrible stretch of tough luck, and I know that Terry and Jessica are at wit's end. Pray for the kids and make sure you pray for the parents as they struggle to deal with everything.

Comment

• Re: Vandrovec Family

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                      It has been a terrible stretch of tough luck, and I know that Terry and Jessica are at wit's end. Pray for the kids and make sure you pray for the parents as they struggle to deal with everything.
                      Hopefully they will develop strong and healthy lungs and will be able to follow Dad to the Jacks games. My prayers are for The Vandrovec Family.

Comment

Goon: I deleted your post. It was inappropriate and offensive. The post itself can be accessed by the moderators and we'll discuss and determine whether it should be undeleted. JackJD

Comment

goon: deleted your followup post while waiting to consult with the other moderators.
                          Last edited by JackJD; 02-02-2014, 07:37 PM.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

** post deleted by filbert - - as Mrs. Vandrovec has decided to delete the original post on Caringbridge, it didn't seem appropriate to me let this post (which was a copy-and-paste of her original) remain here. If you're really curious, I'm sure Google has it cached somewhere out there. **
                            Last edited by filbert; 02-03-2014, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• Vandrovec Family

****ing awful. Our system is truly messed up.

** comment for clarification by filbert: this post was in reference to SkippyJack's post above, which I edited. And yes, the situation described by the deleted post was/is not at all good. **

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by filbert; 02-03-2014, 02:42 PM.
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Where i work we can give our vacation days or sick days to coworkers if they get in a situation like yours. Ive done it a couple times. Dont know if that is an option for you. Hope it doesnt come to that for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X