Vandrovec Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vandrovec Family

Wow, didn't see this thread until now. Basketball means nothing. Prayers to the Vandrovec family.

Comment

Very sad, definitely saying a prayer for Kailey and the family.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
        Wow, didn't see this thread until now. Basketball means nothing. Prayers to the Vandrovec family.
        What this guy said.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          Intubation is the placement of a tube through the mouth and vocal cords to assist a patient that can no longer adequately ventilate (breath) on their own. Once they are intubated and sedated a patient is placed on the ventilator to allow them to rest while the machine breathes for them. I manage intubated patients on ventilators on a daily basis. Its a necessary part of taking care of critically ill people. You never want to intubate someone however it is much better to do it when you want to and not when you absolutely have to.

So, if her doctors feel like she needs assistance with breathing in order to recover from this illness they will elect to intubate her, sedate her and place her on the ventilator. Its a very helpful intervention. Certainly, it means that the patient is very ill and it does expose them to other complications but when needed it should be done.

Children are particularly resilient as it pertains to critical illness. Granted, Terry's little one is at a decided disadvantage as a consequence of her premature entrance into this world and the associated complications she has experienced in her short life. That said, I assure everyone that is reading this that the doctors and nurses charged with providing her care are doing everything in their power to facilitate her recovery. Remain positive, optimism and encouragement are much more helpful than fear and worry.

Has a critical care physician I see severe illness everyday. I remind every family that recovery from critical illness is gradual. Good things tend to happen slowly while bad things tend to happen quickly. Lets hope Kailey stabilizes and begins to slowly improve. Think positive, be optimistic, keep perspective.
          Thanks Doc. I know engineering, not medicine.

Comment

Terry just tweeted this:

"We have no choice but to intubate Kailey. We have no idea if she'll recover. Please, please pray or hope."

My heart just aches for them. Please keep the prayers coming! Hang in there precious Kailey!
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Damn that is heavy stuff. Hard to imagine.

Comment

Reading the caring bridge site is just heart wrenching and brings tears to the eyes. Brings so many things into perspective.

Comment

My heart aches for Kailey and the Vandrovecs. Prayers go out to her and them.
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                    Terry just tweeted this:

"We have no choice but to intubate Kailey. We have no idea if she'll recover. Please, please pray or hope."

My heart just aches for them. Please keep the prayers coming! Hang in there precious Kailey!
                    Horrible news. Prayers and thoughts to the Vandrovec family.

Times like these make us realize that a basketball game in Bakersfield is un-important in the grand scheme of things. I would like to see the basketball teams wear something for Kailey tonight and Saturday.

Comment

Prayers continue to go out to the Vandrovec's as they battle with Kailey's illness. This is so sad. I can't imagine what they are living right now. Praying, praying and praying...

Comment

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/ka...drovec/journal

On Kailey's Caring Bridge page they just said that she made it through the intubation procedure. That is great news! She still has a lot of fighting to do but in reading their comments they were very obviously scared she wouldn't make it through the procedure.

Maybe the first in hopefully many baby steps forward. Keep the prayers coming! Keep fighting sweetheart!
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

As a father of premature twins who spent a few months in the NICU, I can empathize with their situation. Little ones seem so fragile, yet they can put up quite a fight. Little girls can be very tough. The prayers of Bison Nation are with the Vandrovec family.

Comment

It's amazing how quickly things can change. Five days ago Terry had Mya at the WIU game with him having a great time. Now their family has been turned upside down. Let's pray that this little bit of good news means the corner has been turned and that there will be continued good news and progress in the days to come.

Comment

Sounds like its getting worse again. might have to go to the cities and try ECMO. The good Doc could probably explain that a little better. Almost feel guilty i get to go home from work now and see my little guy. Can't imagine what they are feeling right now.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                Sounds like its getting worse again. might have to go to the cities and try ECMO. The good Doc could probably explain that a little better. Almost feel guilty i get to go home from work now and see my little guy. Can't imagine what they are feeling right now.
                                After a google search, it appears it's a machine that does the work of her hearts/and or lungs. Very risky. When her Heart and lungs heal,they wean her off it.
                                http://www.uwhealth.org/healthfacts/...725221094.html
                                That blog is a roller coaster of emotions, my heart goes out to all of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X