Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Senate Bill 11 - Indoor practice facility

Originally posted by el_presidente View Post
    They just put the rest of the calendar off until Monday which is normal for a Thursday
    But it's only 2pm (1:15 when you posted, and 12:15 in Pierre). Seems to me they have 4 more hours after lunch they could work and push one or two more items through.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
      But it's only 2pm (1:15 when you posted, and 12:15 in Pierre). Seems to me they have 4 more hours after lunch they could work and push one or two more items through.
      I hope you realize Pierre is also on CDT.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
        I know it splits in Pierre somewhere, not sure where.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I know it splits in Pierre somewhere, not sure where.
          It splits at the River. Pierre Central time, Ft. Pierre Mountain.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
            CST, this time of year . . .
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Regardless...plenty more time left in the work day.

Comment

Regardless...plenty more time left in the work day.
                Technically true, however, many legislators have to drive several hours and start getting caught up on their other jobs so their work day will be long and they will work tomorrow and spend Saturday at legislative forums etc.

Also, they have made good progess getting through the bills this session and are set up with a balanced work load for the last week.

The big issues next week will be the conference committees and finalizing the state budget. They will also debate the new bipartisan economic development program they Republicans and Democrats announced today at a joint press conference.

Given how the session is going I hope it will be quick to pass on Monday and be headed to the Governor for his signature

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  CST, this time of year . . .
                  I knew this, sheesh.
                  I stand corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                    Definitely agree on the bold, believe it or not. I work on changing my dad's mind almost every time I go home.

I've enjoyed the banter on this and other topics, hopefully there are no hard feelings. I can get a little carried away sometimes, which is why the horses a$$ trophy is my avatar.
                    No hard feelings here. Filbert set me straight in a PM or two. So away we go.

Comment

Hear any more on SB 10 and 11? This is the last week of the regular session, and these things have been put off more times than I care to realize.
                      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                        Hear any more on SB 10 and 11? This is the last week of the regular session, and these things have been put off more times than I care to realize.
                        Here is an excerpt from SB 11 as posted from the offical site;

02/21/2013 House of Representatives Deferred to another day, Passed H.J. 491
                        02/22/2013 House of Representatives Deferred to another day, Passed H.J. 507
                        02/25/2013 House of Representatives Deferred to another day, Passed H.J. 535
                        02/26/2013 House of Representatives Deferred to another day, Passed H.J. 559
                        02/27/2013 House of Representatives Deferred to another day, Passed H.J. 585
                        02/28/2013 House of Representatives Deferred to another day, Passed H.J. 597
                        03/04/2013 House of Representatives Deferred to another day, Passed H.J. 650

What H.J 650 means? I dunno. However I did find that on a Senate Roll call it passed 32-3.

http://legis.state.sd.us/sessions/20...aspx?Vote=1313 Can anyone else shed some light on this bill?
                        Last edited by Nidaros; 03-05-2013, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          Here is an excerpt from SB 11 as posted from the offical site;

02/21/2013 House of Representatives Deferred to another day, Passed H.J. 491
                          02/22/2013 House of Representatives Deferred to another day, Passed H.J. 507
                          02/25/2013 House of Representatives Deferred to another day, Passed H.J. 535
                          02/26/2013 House of Representatives Deferred to another day, Passed H.J. 559
                          02/27/2013 House of Representatives Deferred to another day, Passed H.J. 585
                          02/28/2013 House of Representatives Deferred to another day, Passed H.J. 597
                          03/04/2013 House of Representatives Deferred to another day, Passed H.J. 650

What H.J 650 means? I dunno. However I did find find that on a Senate Roll call it passed 32-3.

http://legis.state.sd.us/sessions/20...aspx?Vote=1313 Can anyone else shed some light on this bill?
                          Thats about it. Senate passed it easily, made it out of house committee easily, expected to pass the house easily but keeps getting deferred.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            Thats about it. Senate passed it easily, made it out of house committee easily, expected to pass the house easily but keeps getting deferred.
                            The House motto must be......"Never do today what you can put off and do some other day",....good grief!

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                              The House motto must be......"Never do today what you can put off and do some other day",....good grief!
                              Their other motto is..."there's no problem too big that we can't ignore".

Comment

Just passed a second ago. 9 no votes the rest were yes

Comment

Working...
                                X