Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Senate Bill 11 - Indoor practice facility

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    I dont consider you an idiot although I disagree with your way of thinking. I would appreciate that you don't put words in my mouth. Yes if you watch CNN and Fox you do know who Gov Jindal is and I agree with his stupid reference to the GOP, of which I once was a member. And the there is no shortage of GOP representation on such matters as property taxes, less government and more guns in SD Legislature. So what is the problem or disagreement that you were speaking of? Please tell us. Or are you saying that nay votes on this issue are a good thing? Jackmd has taken time to try and find out why the nay response on a lightweight issue and has gotten no answers. Guys like Greenfield love to rub our noses in his poop to make him feel good. Now thats what I call real representation. Boy the guys down in gas station/bar must feel real good about their represenative. He really showed them big shots in Brookings by voting nay on a the Indoor facilty.
    Nidaros, you are the one who introduced party politics to the discussion.

It is true the Republican Party is referred to at times as "The Stupid Party." Often, Republicans themselves use the phrase. Personally, as a currently registered Republican, I use the phrase often myself.

It is also true that the Democratic Party is referred to at times as "The Evil Party"--at times by people who vote solidly Democratic.

Here's an article, which discusses the etymology of the two phrases, in case such trivia truly appeals to you.

And now, I invite a return to the actual topic of the thread.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      Nidaros, you are the one who introduced party politics to the discussion.

It is true the Republican Party is referred to at times as "The Stupid Party." Often, Republicans themselves use the phrase. Personally, as a currently registered Republican, I use the phrase often myself.

It is also true that the Democratic Party is referred to at times as "The Evil Party"--at times by people who vote solidly Democratic.

Here's an article, which discusses the etymology of the two phrases, in case such trivia truly appeals to you.

And now, I invite a return to the actual topic of the thread.
      The Red State is a reliable source? Only if you see things right of center. Standing up for the rights of those who are economically challenged does not make them evil. I am done with this topic.

Comment

The Red State is a reliable source? Only if you see things right of center. Standing up for the rights of those who are economically challenged does not make them evil. I am done with this topic.
        Hey! Shake your Di(K'$ you two this pissing contest is over! Argue politics over PM.

Comment

I dont consider you an idiot although I disagree with your way of thinking. I would appreciate that you don't put words in my mouth. Yes if you watch CNN and Fox you do know who Gov Jindal is and I agree with his stupid reference to the GOP, of which I once was a member. And the there is no shortage of GOP representation on such matters as property taxes, less government and more guns in SD Legislature. So what is the problem or disagreement that you were speaking of? Please tell us. Or are you saying that nay votes on this issue are a good thing? Jackmd has taken time to try and find out why the nay response on a lightweight issue and has gotten no answers. Guys like Greenfield love to rub our noses in his poop to make him feel good. Now thats what I call real representation. Boy the guys down in gas station/bar must feel real good about their represenative. He really showed them big shots in Brookings by voting nay on a the Indoor facilty.
          I think its a good thing to have debate and disagreement, even on "slam dunk" issues. There is always another side to the coin.

My issue is when that debate and disagreement dissolves to Fox News or MSNBC blind vitriol/blather, especially when talking about local politicians who face their constituents everyday.

There are lots and lots of people who think higher education is a runaway train without brakes, and that sports take up far too many resources that could be dedicated elsewhere (my dad is one of those people). That line of thinking has issues, but those people deserve to have their voices heard beyond a unanimous vote in Pierre.

Or we could send them to re-education camps where they can be brought around to our line of thinking. We will call these camps "tailgating"
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
            This is why I'm a Libertarian. Both sides are idiots.
            +1

ten char
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I had a feeling this would be your reaction. I'll let your implied slander of all who do not believe as you do pass with no further comment, other than to observe that if I were in a bad mood, I could interpret it as a personal attack.

You missed the part where I invited a return to the topic.

And no, you don't get the last word.

This constitutes a warning.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                Hey! Shake your Di(K'$ you two this pissing contest is over! Argue politics over PM.
                Yes, it WAS pleasant, wasn't it?
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I was hoping to read something about it passing.....
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    I was hoping to read something about it passing.....
                    I think we're all with you, there.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

It is 3rd on the Agenda for tomorrow but with the 4 day weeks they may not take it up until Monday. They are gaveling in at 12:30 so it is likely they will be all headed home but if they stay in session until 1:00 they might get done with SB 11 for athletics and SB 10 (swine research facility).

Comment

Originally posted by el_presidente View Post
                        It is 3rd on the Agenda for tomorrow but with the 4 day weeks they may not take it up until Monday. They are gaveling in at 12:30 so it is likely they will be all headed home but if they stay in session until 1:00 they might get done with SB 11 for athletics and SB 10 (swine research facility).
                        Good news el presidente, does the Governor have to sign off on this after approval by the Senate? This is a very impressive building, that will be nearly the size of CAS in area, so said Justin Sells at one of the meetings I attended. It will serve many sports which are now limited due to climate and the ability to work out. Indoor Track, is a prime example. Who won the SL again in Indoor-Men? I think it was USD. The Dome does have some advantages.

Even though this is donor funded, the approval comes from the fact that SDSU is state assisted, that is 27 per cent or so of SDSU total budget comes from the state, not sure which fund, but the state support is used primarlly for upkeep and utilities. For that reason, I can see how certain legislators might oppose this project. Like SF-Jack Fan said in his earlier post, there are people who feel SDSU is spending too much money and too much on athletics. IMO we are not spending enough on higher education, including athletics.

Comment

Good news el presidente, does the Governor have to sign off on this after approval by the Senate? This is a very impressive building, that will be nearly the size of CAS in area, so said Justin Sells at one of the meetings I attended. It will serve many sports which are now limited due to climate and the ability to work out. Indoor Track, is a prime example. Who won the SL again in Indoor-Men? I think it was USD. The Dome does have some advantages.

Even though this is donor funded, the approval comes from the fact that SDSU is state assisted, that is 27 per cent or so of SDSU total budget comes from the state, not sure which fund, but the state support is used primarlly for upkeep and utilities. For that reason, I can see how certain legislators might oppose this project. Like SF-Jack Fan said in his earlier post, there are people who feel SDSU is spending too much money and too much on athletics. IMO we are not spending enough on higher education, including athletics.
                          Actually the State of South Dakota provides about 18% of SDSU's budget, and none of that money is currently designated for upkeep. .20 cents of each tuition dollar goes into the Higher Education Facility Fund (HEFF) and this is the money that is used to maintain buildings on campus. So the students are paying for the maintenance of the buildings. The Governor in his budget request has asked for State money that would be ramped up to eventually match the students dollars for maintenance.

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit View Post
                            Actually the State of South Dakota provides about 18% of SDSU's budget, and none of that money is currently designated for upkeep. .20 cents of each tuition dollar goes into the Higher Education Facility Fund (HEFF) and this is the money that is used to maintain buildings on campus. So the students are paying for the maintenance of the buildings. The Governor in his budget request has asked for State money that would be ramped up to eventually match the students dollars for maintenance.

Go State!
                            Thanks I was using some old numbers, like from 1993 or there abouts, so appreciate the update. Hmmm, it seems the naysayers got even less of a say on this matter when you consider recent changes.

Comment

Definitely agree on the bold, believe it or not. I work on changing my dad's mind almost every time I go home.

I've enjoyed the banter on this and other topics, hopefully there are no hard feelings. I can get a little carried away sometimes, which is why the horses a$$ trophy is my avatar.
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by el_presidente View Post
                                They just put the rest of the calendar off until Monday which is normal for a Thursday

Comment

Working...
                                X