Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BOR-Athletic Facilities

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Very convenient. It makes you wonder how many people out there see issues through these simple lens.
    Come to Yankton. We have a community in conflict regarding our future. If you look at the past and see that Yankton hasn't changed much in 20 years and then look at the decisions being made now, you quickly realize why Yankton isn't growing like it should be. People like the letter writer above certainly have reasons for their concern and it is important to acknowledge them and respond appropriately or more divisiveness occurs. Change in the form of progress is more difficult to accept than necessary change and even more difficult to define.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHenriksen View Post
      A Letter to the Editor in the Argus today shows how hard the education process of the public might be. The writer starts out complaining about Mike Huether but then takes a shot at the Regents.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...|text|Voices|p
      I'm impressed that he thinks 5% of college students will play sports for a living.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

RO, the author is a she, at least I am making that assumption, since the author's first name is Kathleen.

Anyway, I laughed when I read her "5%" statement. She is obviously out of touch with college sports, and most likely out of touch with reality.
        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          Come to Yankton. We have a community in conflict regarding our future. If you look at the past and see that Yankton hasn't changed much in 20 years and then look at the decisions being made now, you quickly realize why Yankton isn't growing like it should be. People like the letter writer above certainly have reasons for their concern and it is important to acknowledge them and respond appropriately or more divisiveness occurs. Change in the form of progress is more difficult to accept than necessary change and even more difficult to define.
          Yes there is a news story on saving extra curricula sports at the middle school level. The Yankton school system is struggling and I fear it might be a sign of times to come.

Comment

Oh, I didn't even read the name. I was too engrossed with the ridiculousness of that statement.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
            X