SDSU Jackrabbit hitch cover design/cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU Jackrabbit hitch cover design/cost

I would prefer something simple. I like the Oklahoma State and the Iowa versions above. I think a hitch cover with SDSU's stretched SD is the way to go! I would also prefer yellow and blue for around $18.50 as opposed to pewter at around $30.00. Hopefully they are available soon. Go Jacks!
    We...ARE...STATE!
    SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will forward the info to Kassie and keep you fellas up-to-date.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

jackmd (and others)-

Here's two pictures of the NDSU hitchcover on my vehicle.They're not the greatest pictures, but at least you can see what I'm talking about.

Picture #1

Picture #2

Comment

I would be more than satisfied with a similar design. For under $20 its a reasonable way to show support and improve the appearance of the hitch receiver/vehicle. I hope to hear more shortly.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

I have been corresponding with Micah Grenz, the Promotions Manager in the Athletic Dept and she is looking into getting something like this going. I told her that many of you had already researched this idea and posted it in this thread.

Looks like we've got several fronts all headed in the right direction.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic
              I have been corresponding with Micah Grenz, the Promotions Manager in the Athletic Dept and she is looking into getting something like this going. I told her that many of you had already researched this idea and posted it in this thread.

Looks like we've got several fronts all headed in the right direction.
              He - Micah is a man.

Comment

OOPS :-X ;D
                I guess that is one problem with email. None of the emails ever gave an indication, and I guessed wrong. Sorry Micah if you are checking on the board.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I vote for a simple square design with the SD logo like is on our football helmets. If they make it, I'll buy it.
                  @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                  --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

I talked with the alumni office and they said that they are ordering hitch covers next week. They said the design will be the new SD logo but they are putting South Dakota State University in small letters at the bottom so people know what the SD means.

Comment

Got an email from VJ Smith regarding the hitch covers and license plate decals. I have requested information as to how we can express our preference on the license plate decals. My preference is the stretched SD logo, ties in both the academic & athletic portions of university and the students & alumni, while I think the Campanile mainly reflects the campus and athletics.

Here is VJ's message:

Thank you for the e-mail. Yes, we are moving ahead with both the license plate idea as well as the hitch plugs. I'm assuming the hitch plugs will be ordered this week. We should have them available within a month.

The license plates will take a little longer. The Department of Motor Vehicles must approve the design. I need to get approval from SDSU officials concerning the design. The two designs being considered are the Coughlin Campanile and the stretched SD logo. Hopefully that decision won't take too long. Then, we will make formal application.

I will save your email and keep you informed of any updates.

Comment

By the stretched SD logo do you mean this:

If so, I agree this would be better than the campanile. I hope the hitch covers are in before hunting season. I now have my christmas gift lists covered.

Comment

Yes, that is the impression that I have gotten, although none of the correspondence included a picture. Just a reminder, the license plate decals will be for SD residents only, unless you want to register your vehicles in SD.

Comment

I wish I could register my current vehicles in S.D., would save me some cash. I would purchase the decals for my family members who currently live in the state (all of which are SDSU grads or ardent supporters). Upon my return, I will purchase some for myself.

Comment

Wanted to get this on right away. I will check on getting on a picture and ordering details.

Patrick,

The trailer hitch covers ought to be here within two weeks. We ordered 300 of them. They will cost $20 each with $5 for shipping and handling. Again, it’s the stretched SD logo.

V.J.

Comment

How do I get on the list for one??

Comment

Working...
                                X