Mid-Con Ivite speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mid-Con Ivite speculation

that was more of a darker yellow shirt and a dark blue. i need to find a blue tux. that flood of fans comment wasnt directed at kmax but others who have said i won't support state unless they have a home. i'll bring the goods. nagy had the biggest smile of all besides me and to think he wasn't sure of this happening yesturday. game day hmmmm who wants to go out after the game to o'hares and other places.

Comment

Nick,

I'd love to meet you at O'Hare's. Best bloody mary's in town and possibly the worst popcorn - or at least the popcorn that I used to eat by the bucketloads 20 minutes before closing time. Always came back to bite me the next day. Anyways, have a drink for me. And, you'll see my name on the wall for the micro brew thing.
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I'm in!

Go State!

Comment

I just got back to town (KC) as well . . . all I can say is . . .

I'M A HAPPY RABBIT!
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Great day to be a Rabbit. Drinks afterwards sound like a great idea.

Comment

Re: Mid-Con Invite & Join!!!!

This FL Jackrabbit is bouncing in happiness!!!!!

Enjoy the announcement! Party hardy and whup some LaCrosse tail!!

Comment

What a day!! It was all worth it (as if there were any doubts) Congrats to Pres. Miller, Dr Oien and the entire athletic department for all the work they put into this.
                This is a monumental day that we will always remember.
                WHAT A DAY TO BE A JACKRABBIT !!!

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
                  Nick,

I'd love to meet you at O'Hare's.  Best bloody mary's in town and possibly the worst popcorn - or at least the popcorn that I used to eat by the bucketloads 20 minutes before closing time.  Always came back to bite me the next day.  Anyways, have a drink for me.  And, you'll see my name on the wall for the micro brew thing.
                  Have bad news for those who haven't been to O'Hares lately. Ted isn't the bartender down there now. :'( Been going down there for pre-games for many years.
                  Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

forgot one more thing.......WOOHOO!!!!!
                    Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

My speculation of the opening of Craig and Mike:

Well MMMM UHHHH AGHHHH Craig MMM Uhhh lets start UHHHH with some news from AHHHHH around the state UHHHHH. sdsu is in the midcon YEAH THATS GOING TO GO GREAT FOR THEM HAH. MMMMM UHHHH AGHHH yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by JackTwice
                        My speculation of the opening of Craig and Mike:

Well MMMM UHHHH AGHHHH Craig MMM Uhhh lets start UHHHH with some news from AHHHHH around the state UHHHHH.  sdsu is in the midcon YEAH THATS GOING TO GO GREAT FOR THEM HAH.  MMMMM UHHHH AGHHH yeah.
                        I listened to most of the show today. I can't really tell who is who, but I think it was Craig (not sure) who sounded more supportive. Mike (again, not sure which one) ridiculed the conference for having a revolving door of members, continuously stating that it's not a good geographic fit for SDSU?? If the this conference isn't a good geographic fit, I don't know what is. He also stated the conference is spread out across 3 time zones and reffered to it has having an eastern division and western division. I was impressed with one of the two, and seriously disappointed with the other one.

Comment

You'll have to check out the freshly posted Stu Whitney story in today's Argus Leader. Please God tell me someone whose name is not Stu Whitney will be assigned to cover SDSU soon.

One gem not more than halfway through:

Lost in all the hoopla was the fact that the Mid-Continent is far from a major player on the national scene
                          He spends most of the second half of the article ripping up the Mid-Continent. Every time I read Whitney I feel dumber for having done so. I don't think he's biased, I think he's a hack.

Comment

SDSU being invited to the Mid Con is going to be a hard swallow for many of the media types that have been skeptical of SDSU D1 move and the subsequent fall out created in the NCC. I am not to worried about what they say. We can move forward and we help raise the Mid Con RPI. We have that opportunity now. That is something we did not have three days ago. So lets allow the skeptics an opportunity to have a long tall glass of water in order that they might be able to swallow this development.

What's sort of comical on both USD and UND boards is that now they think that the move to D1 and finding a conference is a piece of cake. They seem to forget the importance of having leadership starting with the president all the way down to the maintence department who cleaned up the campus before the conference officals visited. The campus seemed to be in good order last week when I walked around.

Neither of these two schools have invested in outside consultants. If SDSU had relied solely on internal studies, we would have taken some wrong turns somewhere. Also campus politics could have given incorrect conclusions. I have a hunch this might be the case at both schools, lets see. It is a great day to be associated with SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDak
                              You'll have to check out the freshly posted Stu Whitney story in today's Argus Leader. Please God tell me someone whose name is not Stu Whitney will be assigned to cover SDSU soon.

One gem not more than halfway through:

Lost in all the hoopla was the fact that the Mid-Continent is far from a major player on the national scene
                              He spends most of the second half of the article ripping up the Mid-Continent. Every time I read Whitney I feel dumber for having done so. I don't think he's biased, I think he's a hack.
                              Stu won't be covering SDSU. He's just filling in while they hire somebody new. (He says they have good candidates, so we'll probably get a young go-getter who will be pretty excited to cover D1 sports). Regarding your critique, by "the second half" of the article, I'm sure you're referring to the two or three paragraphs that follow the line you cited.

Of course the fact that Scott Nagy agreed that the Mid-Con RPI isn't very good makes him a hack, too.

As a journalism professor (not to mention SDSU graduate and rabid Jackrabbit fan) I always find it amusing that people who are advocates for SDSU expect journalists to be advocates for SDSU. That's not their job. In fact, it would be unprofessional to be an advocate for any person or organization. Of course it happens (Sid Hartman) but those people are not well respected in the field.

FYI: Stu is well-respected in the field. Just because he doesn't view the world through yellow and blue goggles doesn't mean he's evil. I spoke to him yesterday, and as someone interested in sports, he's excited about the conference and respects SDSU and the people he covers up here. Is he a cheerleader for us? No. That's not his job. Having worked in journalism for 10 years, and having taught journalism at Iowa, Purdue, Oklahoma and SDSU for 12 years, my professional judgment would be that Stu is a very capable and intelligent reporter.

Keep in mind that the perception of leaning depends, in part, on the perspective of the reader.

Comment

Re: Mid-Con Invite speculation

Originally posted by Haldersham
                                Neither of these two schools have invested in outside consultants. If SDSU had relied solely on internal studies, we would have taken some wrong turns somewhere. Also campus politics could have given incorrect conclusions. I have a hunch this might be the case at both schools, lets see. It is a great day to be associated with SDSU.
                                You're right, and I'm thinking the failure to hire consultants means they created "committees" to rubber stamp decisions that have already been made. The thing about the Carr study, as Dr. Oien pointed out yesterday, is that it didn't just tell SDSU what was good, it highlighted what needed work and predicted the serious hurdles that were likely to emerge. Of course it also provided the roadmap that got us to yesterday. Don't leave Augie out of this. My sources in the media tell me they're getting pressure from big donors to move up (probably a 1AAA situation where they'd drop all football scholarships.) Don't anybody tell Brad Salem.

Comment

Working...
                                X