Mid-Con Ivite speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid-Con Ivite speculation

I thought this deserved its own topic line. For those not aware there is a press release stating that IPFW will announce its acceptance to the Mid-Con tomorrow. There is a rumor that the SU's will also be invited. No word from the SU's or Mid-Con that I have seen.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Mid-Con Ivite speculation

Originally posted by jackmd
    I thought this deserved its own topic line. For those not aware there is a press release stating that IPFW will announce its acceptance to the Mid-Con tomorrow. There is a rumor that the SU's will also be invited. No word from the SU's or Mid-Con that I have seen.

Article in the Ft. Wayne Journal-Gazette saying the IPFW has a 3 p.m. news conference TODAY to announce it is joining the Mid-Con.

http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/journal...s/15398499.htm

Gulp... haven't heard anything here.

Comment

Good Bisonville thread that might make us feel a little better.

http://www.bisonville.com/cgi-bin/ya...m=1156959371/0

This is going to drive me nuts.

Comment

News release on Mid-Con site:

http://www.mid-con.com/release.asp?RELEASE_ID=4072

Not a word about the SUs. Ugh.

Comment

As I said in another post, what is the precedent here? Do they typically announce all 3 teams on the same day when multiple teams are invited and accept. I suspect there is no precedent.

Someone should call Fred and someone should call the midcon and find out what they are willing to divulge. Must admit the speculation is interesting.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

The theory on Bisonville is that each school will be given its own "day" for an announcement. Seems plausible, since it is the schools that make the announcement that they have accepted an invitation. The conference doesn't announce that it has made an offer.

But it's going to be a tough couple of days nonetheless.

Comment

I've been trying to call my sources over in the athletic department. Not getting answers right now. Maybe that means they're very busy setting up the acceptance news conference for Thursday or Friday. I'm going to go with that and try to calm down. They probably wouldn't be able to tell me so as not to ruin President Miller and Dr. Oien's surprise announcement (assuming we're going to be invited and that we accept.)

Comment

I keep coming around to this thought:

If SDSU was not going to get in , the proper thing would be to notify SDSU before there was an announcment at IPFW. Well, it helps me anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by vantage

If SDSU was not going to get in , the proper thing would be to notify SDSU before there was an announcment at IPFW. Well, it helps me anyway.
                  Exactly, I am glad someone has come to that realization as well. You guys should not be worrying. When we were taken into the Horizon, the Horizon let ORU, Oakland, IPFW, etc, know before we announced that we were in.

Comment

Originally posted by vantage

Makes sense to me. I have calmed down and am now operating on the assumption that since the schools must accept the invitation and sign a contract, it's their announcement to make. IPFW is right there, so naturally they could do their announcement this afternoon. Maybe it's our time tomorrow or Friday.

Comment

One of my little birdies must have laryngitis or something because he's not responding. Or he's too busy with the details of accepting a conference invite. I'll go with that.

My other little birdie doesn't have anything concrete, but said he would be VERY SUPRISED if we did not get an invite after IPFW got theirs.

I can't remember the last time I was this excited about something happening with SDSU athletics. Good news or bad, the speculation is fun at this point.

Does anyone know if Dr. Miller is in town, or are we having the same issues as NDSU with getting the president in to formally accept the invite?
                      I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

The only hint I've gotten from anyone over in athletics was an unsolicited one. One of the people I work with on some projects said I'll have to reach him by cell phone as he will be very busy for the next couple of days.

Comment

Originally posted by jackphd
                          The theory on Bisonville is that each school will be given its own "day" for an announcement. Seems plausible, since it is the schools that make the announcement that they have accepted an invitation. The conference doesn't announce that it has made an offer.

But it's going to be a tough couple of days nonetheless.
                          I think this was my theory over on Bisonville, at least I know I posted it over there sometime today. Doesn't it just make sense that IPFW would announce today and then NDSU and SDSU sometime tommorrow or Friday so that Douple and his midcon people could be present at each announcement.
                          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Running up to Sioux Falls tonight to do some shopping. No Target, Home Depot or Scheels in Yankton. Looking forward to checking on the board tonight. Must admit I am excited about the potential for an announcement soon. I would love to attend the Mid Con championship in (insert sport here) at the Sioux Falls sports complex in Sioux Falls, SD. Hosted by South Dakota State University.

Comment

argus has some quotes from fred

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.../NEWS/60830031

Comment

Working...
                              X