X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• witness
    replied
    Originally posted by TheWombat View Post

I think you'd have a hard time finding an unbiased source to agree with you that it was a dogfight, but it's not really worth the effort to fight you on that. March was 52-0 this year and he only had six matches that didn't end in a pin with only three of those going to a decision. If you don't like the kid, I think that March and I are both fine with that, but lets not pretend that he's a bad wrestler because he gave up a reversal once. He also beat Orel 9-1 earlier this year if that makes you feel better about him.
    You are right. It wasn't a dogfight, but it was definitely a close match. You know I have to give you a little crap after you hyped him up all year only to be in a close match against a freshman. Don't take it personally. Lol

Leave a comment:

• TheWombat
    replied
    It's interesting that we have exactly five posts on this thread pertaining to the South Dakota state tournament. Four of them are speaking negatively about Kellyn March, one of them is defending him, and there are currently zero that have anything to say about anything else pertaining the state tournament in SDSU's home state (or the Minnesota state tournament which also wrapped up yesterday). If my opinions are really so polarizing that people would rather use the recruiting thread to speak poorly of a high-schooler in order to prod at me than talk about what is literally the most important recruiting day all year, I can take a step back for a while.

Leave a comment:

• TheWombat
    replied
    Originally posted by witness View Post
    March was in a DOGFIGHT against a freshman. Literally did nothing and he's supposed to be a can't miss recruit according to TheWombat??? Man even stalled for a minute. I think if you are a D1 wrestler you should whoop up on South Dakota wrestlers
    I think you'd have a hard time finding an unbiased source to agree with you that it was a dogfight, but it's not really worth the effort to fight you on that. March was 52-0 this year and he only had six matches that didn't end in a pin with only three of those going to a decision. If you don't like the kid, I think that March and I are both fine with that, but lets not pretend that he's a bad wrestler because he gave up a reversal once. He also beat Orel 9-1 earlier this year if that makes you feel better about him.
    Last edited by TheWombat; 03-01-2020, 10:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• witness
    replied
    March was in a DOGFIGHT against a freshman. Literally did nothing and he's supposed to be a can't miss recruit according to TheWombat??? Man even stalled for a minute. I think if you are a D1 wrestler you should whoop up on South Dakota wrestlers

Leave a comment:

• witness
    replied
    Originally posted by AZjack View Post

Peterson from Philip as a 7th grader had him beat as a sophomore if not for bad reffing. March just isn't as good as people think in my opinion.
    With the way TheWombat was talking, I thought he would pin his way through state. SD state isn't THAT tough for D1 wrestlers. Nash, unsurprisingly was the most impressive wrestler. Such a shame he choose football, his best sport by far is wrestling

Leave a comment:

• AZjack
    replied
    Originally posted by witness View Post
    Kellyn March did not look good against a freshman in the State finals. Was not impressed tbh
    Peterson from Philip as a 7th grader had him beat as a sophomore if not for bad reffing. March just isn't as good as people think in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• witness
    replied
    Kellyn March did not look good against a freshman in the State finals. Was not impressed tbh

Leave a comment:

• TheWombat
    replied
    Originally posted by slosho View Post

Not Sure if you all listened to the last 2 podcasts but we covered the SD D1 talent question with both Tyler Sorenson and Nate Rotert. Someone mentioned Rotert going back out west, but I think that has a low probability in the near future, Quite some time ago Wombat talked about Rotert needing to be able to recruit SD with his position, he talked about his position and what it entails with us. Not just trying to promote the podcast, but wanted to highlight that if you are interested we talk about these very things.

Love the discussion!
    Promote away. I appreciate what you are doing. It's great to hear some people with some actual information. I sometimes feel hamstrung being out East and not getting the inside scoop on some things, the podcast helps to close that gap.

Leave a comment:

• slosho
    replied
    Originally posted by TheWombat View Post

I think that they have something special going on down there in Beresford. I'd love to see something open up in Rapid City or Spearfish to provide a similar opportunity for future Jackrabbits out West. I think Rotert or someone else with SDSU ties going out and starting something like this up would be be huge for the sport in SD and for the future of the Jackrabbit wrestling team.
    Not Sure if you all listened to the last 2 podcasts but we covered the SD D1 talent question with both Tyler Sorenson and Nate Rotert. Someone mentioned Rotert going back out west, but I think that has a low probability in the near future, Quite some time ago Wombat talked about Rotert needing to be able to recruit SD with his position, he talked about his position and what it entails with us. Not just trying to promote the podcast, but wanted to highlight that if you are interested we talk about these very things.

Love the discussion!

Leave a comment:

• TheWombat
    replied
    Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

Blue & Yellow.

Legends of Gold has the capacity/capability to be that club in SD.
    I think that they have something special going on down there in Beresford. I'd love to see something open up in Rapid City or Spearfish to provide a similar opportunity for future Jackrabbits out West. I think Rotert or someone else with SDSU ties going out and starting something like this up would be be huge for the sport in SD and for the future of the Jackrabbit wrestling team.

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied
    Originally posted by MNJack3 View Post
    This is a general reply to the whole SD HS Recruits...

Being a Minnesota Native who went to SDSU and an avid follower of Jacks Wrestling (while a Gopher Fan, I bleed Blue & Gold when we match up)...I personally think both Hahn & Bono scooped all D1 Talent from the state. SD just doesn't product at a rate like Minnesota, Iowa, NJ, Ohio, Penn, etc. Part of it is it doesn't seem South Dakota doesn't have a club or presence on the FS/Greco Circuits. Most if not all power states have them. For example, in Minnesota if you're a stud with college aspirations you wrestle for either Minnesota Storm or PINnacle in the Spring & Summer in hopes of placing in Fargo and/or making a Cadet/Jr. Teams. Until the state provides a club like that, they simply won't produce at the rate as other states. Outside of Kokesh & Storley, as someone already pointed out, SDSU hasn't missed/let instate kids slip through their fingers that would have made an impact.

I know Cody & Cam were in IA last weekend for their State Tournament. Have to imagine they are in St. Paul for the MN State Tournament this weekend watching Joey Thompson & Derrick Cardinal while keeping their eyes on others.
    Blue & Yellow.

Legends of Gold has the capacity/capability to be that club in SD.

Leave a comment:

• MNJack3
    replied
    This is a general reply to the whole SD HS Recruits...

Being a Minnesota Native who went to SDSU and an avid follower of Jacks Wrestling (while a Gopher Fan, I bleed Blue & Gold when we match up)...I personally think both Hahn & Bono scooped all D1 Talent from the state. SD just doesn't product at a rate like Minnesota, Iowa, NJ, Ohio, Penn, etc. Part of it is it doesn't seem South Dakota doesn't have a club or presence on the FS/Greco Circuits. Most if not all power states have them. For example, in Minnesota if you're a stud with college aspirations you wrestle for either Minnesota Storm or PINnacle in the Spring & Summer in hopes of placing in Fargo and/or making a Cadet/Jr. Teams. Until the state provides a club like that, they simply won't produce at the rate as other states. Outside of Kokesh & Storley, as someone already pointed out, SDSU hasn't missed/let instate kids slip through their fingers that would have made an impact.

I know Cody & Cam were in IA last weekend for their State Tournament. Have to imagine they are in St. Paul for the MN State Tournament this weekend watching Joey Thompson & Derrick Cardinal while keeping their eyes on others.

Leave a comment:

• TheWombat
    replied
    Things of note from surrounding state tournaments:

My favorite North Dakota wrestler Garrett Jangula wrapped up his high school career with an undefeated season. He's only had four matches not end in a fall this year. If we don't get him, I hope he goes somewhere. It would be a huge waste of talent for him to hang it up after high school. He's now a four timer and he hasn't lost a match since freshman year.
    A kid named Clay Gerhardt won his forth consecutive North Dakota state B title taking the title at 132 with an undefeated season, he also has a little brother who won 106 as a 9th grader. He has no college plans that I've been able to find. He would be a good get if we can bring him in for cheap.
    There are a couple of twins in Iowa by the name of Tenold who finished runner up at 160 and 170 respectively as sophomores. I would love for them to be jackrabbits.
    There are a few other Iowa sophomores who look to have a lot of potential at weights where we will be in need. (This year and next year have got to be pretty well wrapped up in terms of major commits). Mickey Griffith won it at 170, Griffen Gambral took 3rd at 182, Wyatt Voelker took 3rd at 195, Nick Hamilton won at 145, and Hayden Taylor also won at 145.
    Current recruit Jack Thomsen took third after a UTB match with Hayden Taylor in the semi-finals. A bit of a let down for him after winning state the last two years. He also took a loss in districts.
    2022 recruit Bailey Roybal won state at 113. His only loss of the year was to Blake West of Shakopee, MN who is a stud. Good on Cody for finding this kid and signing him before he gets on the radar of other teams. There was nothing in his results that indicated that he would be anything special at the time of his signing, but he turned into something this year.

South Dakota and Minnesota have their state tournaments this coming weekend. I'm sure that the whole staff will be hard at work scouting these out.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by Northernjackrabbit View Post
    Is this individual Reeder in the article committed to SDSU football or Wrestling?
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chi...outputType=amp
    Football.

Leave a comment:

• Northernjackrabbit
    replied
    Is this individual Reeder in the article committed to SDSU football or Wrestling?
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chi...outputType=amp

Leave a comment:

Working...
X