Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheWombat
    replied
    Always good to pick up another South Dakotan. It will be interesting to see what he can be. He's had a pretty good summer so far and he should have a big senior year.

Leave a comment:

• witness
    replied
    Originally posted by TheWombat View Post
    Has anyone heard anything about the new commit? It's strange to have this announced and then to have nobody come forward.
    https://twitter.com/igklinkhammer/st...751870465?s=21

Leave a comment:

• TheWombat
    replied
    Has anyone heard anything about the new commit? It's strange to have this announced and then to have nobody come forward.

Leave a comment:

• JackedBeNimble
    replied
    Originally posted by slosho View Post
    Thanks as always for the insight. I like this and think your assumptions are spot on.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Rowley would be a good get, as he finished 2nd at Super 32 at 170 last week. Calm and smart wrestler on the mat that doesn't seem to get rattled. Tough competitor for sure.
    Last edited by JackedBeNimble; 11-02-2020, 09:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• slosho
    replied
    Simaz seems to think that it is, yet again, a good day to be a jackrabbit. Among those liking the post is a guy named James Rawley, a very talented (top ten) junior 170 from Crescent Valley, Oregon. This is the same school as Chance Lamer. I can't see why he would even follow Cam Simaz unless he was at least considering SDSU. That's my guess.
    Thanks as always for the insight. I like this and think your assumptions are spot on.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• TheWombat
    replied
    Simaz seems to think that it is, yet again, a good day to be a jackrabbit. Among those liking the post is a guy named James Rawley, a very talented (top ten) junior 170 from Crescent Valley, Oregon. This is the same school as Chance Lamer. I can't see why he would even follow Cam Simaz unless he was at least considering SDSU. That's my guess.

Leave a comment:

• witness
    replied
    Flo updated their high school rankings

Alek Martin #5(145)
    Cael Swenson #10(152)
    Roman Rogotzke #15(182)
    Derrick Cardinal #18(132)

Leave a comment:

• JackedBeNimble
    replied

Three placers in the group with Rogotzke taking 7th, Swenson 5th, and Martin winning the whole thing. Cardinal had a good showing going 4-2. Roybal went 3-2 and Gaynor went 5-2. I think you'll see some jackrabbits making their way up the rankings very soon.
    Agreed. All 3 of those guys should rise in the Rankings.

Leave a comment:

• TheWombat
    replied
    Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post

I’m pretty sure SDSU has 6 recruits entered:
    Cardinal (132), Martin (145), Gaynor (152), Swensen (152) Roybal (120), and Rogotzke (195).

Future is bright!
    Three placers in the group with Rogotzke taking 7th, Swenson 5th, and Martin winning the whole thing. Cardinal had a good showing going 4-2. Roybal went 3-2 and Gaynor went 5-2. I think you'll see some jackrabbits making their way up the rankings very soon.

Leave a comment:

• jackrabbit1979
    replied
    Originally posted by witness View Post
    Super 32 is going on this weekend which is a pretty high level tournament filled with a ton of ranked wrestlers. SDSU has 4 recruits entered including 3 which are ranked. Derick Cardinal is ranked #14 at 132, Alek Martin is #19 at 145, and Connor Gaynor is #13 at 152.
    I’m pretty sure SDSU has 6 recruits entered:
    Cardinal (132), Martin (145), Gaynor (152), Swensen (152) Roybal (120), and Rogotzke (195).

Future is bright!

Leave a comment:

• witness
    replied
    Super 32 is going on this weekend which is a pretty high level tournament filled with a ton of ranked wrestlers. SDSU has 4 recruits entered including 3 which are ranked. Derick Cardinal is ranked #14 at 132, Alek Martin is #19 at 145, and Connor Gaynor is #13 at 152.

Leave a comment:

• opinionsaremyown
    replied
    Iowa had an all star dual meet last weekend and 2 future jackrabbits competed. Roybal won by fall and Martin won. Martin dominated a wrestler from Iowa with a lot of accolades. The future of the program continues to look bright.

Leave a comment:

• ringthebells
    replied
    Originally posted by BitsTD View Post

Some clarification:
    Oehme's were 2nd & 5th at 106 & 113 respectively
    Klinkhammer was 2nd at 152
    Damion is a beast on the mat wrestled 182
    Dom Tucker was 8th at 195 as a sophomore
    Warren was 3rd at 220
    Navarro was champion at 220
    Navarro could have wrestled heavyweight except for some dude from Chamberlain was dominating that weight class.

To ringthebells point the upper weights for BV should be dominant.
    Navarro is at 260 for football.
    I am sure Klinkhammer will be higher than 152 this year.
    They are gonna have to find out the best combo with Damion, Owen and Dom.
    Thanks for the correction Bits. I must have looked at an old Press and dakotan story about Warren's state championship. This winter should be entertaining in Brandon, hope to see some Blue and Yellow in the stands watching.

Leave a comment:

• BitsTD
    replied
    Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
    I noticed that Owen Warren, state champ from Yankton, is on the BV football roster this fall. Between Damion Schunke's 2 titles (9th and 10th), Navarro Schunke's title as an 8th grader, Owen's title last year as a freshman, and Isaac Klinkhammer's title as a freshman, that is a pretty formidable line up. Could be interesting what BV does since Klink and Warren wrestled the same weight last year. There are also a couple of lighter weight wrestling twins (10th grade), the Ohmees(sp). I think one made it to the title match, but not sure which one or what weight. I would love to see them all wearing Yellow and Blue in the future.
    Some clarification:
    Oehme's were 2nd & 5th at 106 & 113 respectively
    Klinkhammer was 2nd at 152
    Damion is a beast on the mat wrestled 182
    Dom Tucker was 8th at 195 as a sophomore
    Warren was 3rd at 220
    Navarro was champion at 220
    Navarro could have wrestled heavyweight except for some dude from Chamberlain was dominating that weight class.

To ringthebells point the upper weights for BV should be dominant.
    Navarro is at 260 for football.
    I am sure Klinkhammer will be higher than 152 this year.
    They are gonna have to find out the best combo with Damion, Owen and Dom.

Leave a comment:

• ringthebells
    replied
    I noticed that Owen Warren, state champ from Yankton, is on the BV football roster this fall. Between Damion Schunke's 2 titles (9th and 10th), Navarro Schunke's title as an 8th grader, Owen's title last year as a freshman, and Isaac Klinkhammer's title as a freshman, that is a pretty formidable line up. Could be interesting what BV does since Klink and Warren wrestled the same weight last year. There are also a couple of lighter weight wrestling twins (10th grade), the Ohmees(sp). I think one made it to the title match, but not sure which one or what weight. I would love to see them all wearing Yellow and Blue in the future.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X