Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheWombat View Post

This is noteworthy. There are a lot of other very talented wrestlers on that team who would make great additions one day. Tabor and Peterson are already committed, but literally everyone else on the team (Jagger Schack, Braden Basile, Ryder Rogotzke, Logan Swenson, Cole Glazier and Tyler Wells) all have the potential to be DI recruits one day and could be viable targets for the Jackrabbits at some point. I don't think that I've ever seen this before.
    They will be back together again at some point, especially if MN government and MSHSL halts or severly limits the MN wrestling season. The team shows that it took fifth, but it really was a championship caliber team. The Jacked Rabbits and Missouri United wrestled the best dual of the tourney in first round of Gold pool to a 21-21 tie. Went to the 8th or 9th tiebreaker to decide Missouri won on most accrued Backpoints for dual 10-7. They both stomped every other team and all the kids really worked well and got along well together. Really good wrestling across the board from these kids. Max Peterson is not committed as of yet, but his brother Mitchell is to NDSU.

Comment

• Bailey Roybal Waverly-Shell Rock IA 125 South Dakota State
      Cael Swensen Wayzata MN 141 South Dakota State
      Derrick Cardinal Forest Lake MN 149 South Dakota State
      Trenton Wachter Rockford MI 149 South Dakota State
      Connor Gaynor Mt. Carmel IL 149/157 South Dakota State
      Alek Martin Graham OH 157 South Dakota State
      Ashton Barker Iowa City West IA 174 South Dakota State
      Roman Rogotzke Stillwater MN 184/197 South Dakota State

Comment

• Cael Swenson, Derrick Cardinal, and Roman Rogotzke all wrestled at the Minnesota "who's number one" event today. Roman got beat up on the feet by Gabe Nagel and didn't look like himself losing 12-6 but Cardinal and Swenson looked very good. Swenson majored returning state champ Payton Handevidt while Cardinal majored Chase Deblare who is a very highly touted 2X state champ from Simley who has been in and out of the national rankings over the past few years. You have to feel good about these two.

Comment

• I noticed that Owen Warren, state champ from Yankton, is on the BV football roster this fall. Between Damion Schunke's 2 titles (9th and 10th), Navarro Schunke's title as an 8th grader, Owen's title last year as a freshman, and Isaac Klinkhammer's title as a freshman, that is a pretty formidable line up. Could be interesting what BV does since Klink and Warren wrestled the same weight last year. There are also a couple of lighter weight wrestling twins (10th grade), the Ohmees(sp). I think one made it to the title match, but not sure which one or what weight. I would love to see them all wearing Yellow and Blue in the future.
          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

• Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
            I noticed that Owen Warren, state champ from Yankton, is on the BV football roster this fall. Between Damion Schunke's 2 titles (9th and 10th), Navarro Schunke's title as an 8th grader, Owen's title last year as a freshman, and Isaac Klinkhammer's title as a freshman, that is a pretty formidable line up. Could be interesting what BV does since Klink and Warren wrestled the same weight last year. There are also a couple of lighter weight wrestling twins (10th grade), the Ohmees(sp). I think one made it to the title match, but not sure which one or what weight. I would love to see them all wearing Yellow and Blue in the future.
            Some clarification:
            Oehme's were 2nd & 5th at 106 & 113 respectively
            Klinkhammer was 2nd at 152
            Damion is a beast on the mat wrestled 182
            Dom Tucker was 8th at 195 as a sophomore
            Warren was 3rd at 220
            Navarro was champion at 220
            Navarro could have wrestled heavyweight except for some dude from Chamberlain was dominating that weight class.

To ringthebells point the upper weights for BV should be dominant.
            Navarro is at 260 for football.
            I am sure Klinkhammer will be higher than 152 this year.
            They are gonna have to find out the best combo with Damion, Owen and Dom.

Comment

• Originally posted by BitsTD View Post

Some clarification:
              Oehme's were 2nd & 5th at 106 & 113 respectively
              Klinkhammer was 2nd at 152
              Damion is a beast on the mat wrestled 182
              Dom Tucker was 8th at 195 as a sophomore
              Warren was 3rd at 220
              Navarro was champion at 220
              Navarro could have wrestled heavyweight except for some dude from Chamberlain was dominating that weight class.

To ringthebells point the upper weights for BV should be dominant.
              Navarro is at 260 for football.
              I am sure Klinkhammer will be higher than 152 this year.
              They are gonna have to find out the best combo with Damion, Owen and Dom.
              Thanks for the correction Bits. I must have looked at an old Press and dakotan story about Warren's state championship. This winter should be entertaining in Brandon, hope to see some Blue and Yellow in the stands watching.
              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

• Iowa had an all star dual meet last weekend and 2 future jackrabbits competed. Roybal won by fall and Martin won. Martin dominated a wrestler from Iowa with a lot of accolades. The future of the program continues to look bright.

Comment

• Super 32 is going on this weekend which is a pretty high level tournament filled with a ton of ranked wrestlers. SDSU has 4 recruits entered including 3 which are ranked. Derick Cardinal is ranked #14 at 132, Alek Martin is #19 at 145, and Connor Gaynor is #13 at 152.
                  "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

• Originally posted by witness View Post
                    Super 32 is going on this weekend which is a pretty high level tournament filled with a ton of ranked wrestlers. SDSU has 4 recruits entered including 3 which are ranked. Derick Cardinal is ranked #14 at 132, Alek Martin is #19 at 145, and Connor Gaynor is #13 at 152.
                    I’m pretty sure SDSU has 6 recruits entered:
                    Cardinal (132), Martin (145), Gaynor (152), Swensen (152) Roybal (120), and Rogotzke (195).

Future is bright!
                    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

• Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post

I’m pretty sure SDSU has 6 recruits entered:
                      Cardinal (132), Martin (145), Gaynor (152), Swensen (152) Roybal (120), and Rogotzke (195).

Future is bright!
                      Three placers in the group with Rogotzke taking 7th, Swenson 5th, and Martin winning the whole thing. Cardinal had a good showing going 4-2. Roybal went 3-2 and Gaynor went 5-2. I think you'll see some jackrabbits making their way up the rankings very soon.

Comment

Three placers in the group with Rogotzke taking 7th, Swenson 5th, and Martin winning the whole thing. Cardinal had a good showing going 4-2. Roybal went 3-2 and Gaynor went 5-2. I think you'll see some jackrabbits making their way up the rankings very soon.
                        Agreed. All 3 of those guys should rise in the Rankings.

Comment

• Flo updated their high school rankings

Alek Martin #5(145)
                          Cael Swenson #10(152)
                          Roman Rogotzke #15(182)
                          Derrick Cardinal #18(132)

"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

• Simaz seems to think that it is, yet again, a good day to be a jackrabbit. Among those liking the post is a guy named James Rawley, a very talented (top ten) junior 170 from Crescent Valley, Oregon. This is the same school as Chance Lamer. I can't see why he would even follow Cam Simaz unless he was at least considering SDSU. That's my guess.

Comment

Simaz seems to think that it is, yet again, a good day to be a jackrabbit. Among those liking the post is a guy named James Rawley, a very talented (top ten) junior 170 from Crescent Valley, Oregon. This is the same school as Chance Lamer. I can't see why he would even follow Cam Simaz unless he was at least considering SDSU. That's my guess.
                              Thanks as always for the insight. I like this and think your assumptions are spot on.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by slosho View Post
                                Thanks as always for the insight. I like this and think your assumptions are spot on.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                                Rowley would be a good get, as he finished 2nd at Super 32 at 170 last week. Calm and smart wrestler on the mat that doesn't seem to get rattled. Tough competitor for sure.
                                Last edited by JackedBeNimble; 11-02-2020, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X