No announcement yet.

Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rasmussen and Swenson wrestled at the Legends of Gold tournament this past weekend. Rasmussen ran into some real hammers (#1 at 160 Cael Valencia, #13 Quayin Short, #18 Damion Schunke, and AA Luke Shaver) but he held his own against them and beat a ND state champ and a CO state placer. Swenson went 6-0 in folk and 4-1 in freestyle but didn't face anyone of real consequence. Damion Schunke had an amazing tournament beating out Manny Rojas who is a huge recruit.

Comment

• Verbal today. Signature tweet from Coach Hahn.

Comment

• Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        Verbal today. Signature tweet from Coach Hahn.
        Anybody have any guesses? I'm going to guess Klinkhammer or Lamer.
        Last edited by TheWombat; 07-28-2020, 11:09 PM.

Comment

• Stillwater, MN State Champ Roman Rogotzke
          https://twitter.com/matscoutwillie/s...467814406?s=21
          https://twitter.com/roman76303220/status/1288591190506512392?s=21

Comment

• Originally posted by TheWombat View Post

The Rogotzke brothers Lyden and Ballantyne are all good DI level recruits. I haven't looked to deeply into any of them but, if you're trying to start a pipeline, Roman Rogotzke would seem like a good start. I put the name Rogotzke into the trackwrestling search engine and came up with eight different profiles with ties to Stillwater. Ryder specifically is going to be very good
            And to think, I used to wonder if the coaching staff was listening. This is big for recruiting but he's a good wrestler in his own right (41 pins last year). If you remember Scott Joll from West Virginia (he beat Cade King last year) he's a lot like him in his style. He gets in a lot of strange positions where he's able to put people on their backs. It's very fun to watch but I do wonder how it will translate to the next level.

Comment

And to think, I used to wonder if the coaching staff was listening. This is big for recruiting but he's a good wrestler in his own right (41 pins last year). If you remember Scott Joll from West Virginia (he beat Cade King last year) he's a lot like him in his style. He gets in a lot of strange positions where he's able to put people on their backs. It's very fun to watch but I do wonder how it will translate to the next level.
              Certainly does his best work on the Bottom IMO.

Comment

• 2021 class is fire.

Comment

Pretty good call by you there
                  "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

• Originally posted by witness View Post

Pretty good call by you there
                    He is a great addition. Almost impossible to ride him and doesn't tire out. He is widely known as a pinning machine and will bring a lot of Bonus points to the Jacks.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackedBeNimble View Post

He is a great addition. Almost impossible to ride him and doesn't tire out. He is widely known as a pinning machine and will bring a lot of Bonus points to the Jacks.
                      I could see him going either way at the next level. He tends to dominate low-level guys, but he's always struggled when you put him out there against another talented wrestler who is comfortable in his funky positions. Some people are able to really hone these skills to the point where they can use them on everybody and some aren't. I think, for Rogotzke, a good match with a coach is important. He needs coaches that will let him be him and work with him on his positions. The staff has proven now that they can work with unorthodox wrestlers like Tanner Cook and Zack Price. If he showed up at place like Iowa or Michigan, he might not be able to grow in the same way that he can in Brookings.

Comment

• Looks like they got another commit
                        https://twitter.com/caldwell_cody/st...017531913?s=21

Comment

• It looks as if some of our recruiting class put together an elite team for the Rocky Mountain Nationals for this weekend. The High School dual teams are going on today. They have called themselves the Jacked Rabbits. Cael Swenson, Alek Martin, Derrick Cardinal and Roman Rogotzke to name a few..

Comment

• It looks as if some of our recruiting class put together an elite team for the Rocky Mountain Nationals for this weekend. The High School dual teams are going on today. They have called themselves the Jacked Rabbits. Cael Swenson, Alek Martin, Derrick Cardinal and Roman Rogotzke to name a few.. it is streaming on FloWrestling

Comment

• 2021 Ashton Barker from Iowa is the commit
                              https://twitter.com/ashton25052941/s...581882370?s=21

Comment

• Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                                It looks as if some of our recruiting class put together an elite team for the Rocky Mountain Nationals for this weekend. The High School dual teams are going on today. They have called themselves the Jacked Rabbits. Cael Swenson, Alek Martin, Derrick Cardinal and Roman Rogotzke to name a few.. it is streaming on FloWrestling
                                This is noteworthy. There are a lot of other very talented wrestlers on that team who would make great additions one day. Tabor and Peterson are already committed, but literally everyone else on the team (Jagger Schack, Braden Basile, Ryder Rogotzke, Logan Swenson, Cole Glazier and Tyler Wells) all have the potential to be DI recruits one day and could be viable targets for the Jackrabbits at some point. I don't think that I've ever seen this before.

Comment

Working...
                                X