ORU gdt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ORU gdt

Honestly, both games were 20 pt ball games until garbage time at the end. We do not match up with ORU in any way, shape or form. 80 minutes have been played between these two teams this year, and ORU has been the better team for 80 minutes.
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
      The Jacks have the time and lots of potential to improve before the tourney. OU has a couple of conference losses. Obviously they are beatable. Beating the Jacks three times in one season would be very difficult.
      We better hope for the #2 seed as I disagree we don't matchup with ORU at all.

Comment

the only way for the Jacks to beat ORU is to press the crap out of them from one end of the floor to the other. force them into turnovers, shot clock violations. dont give them a running start to the basket, make them work for it. half court pressure is just not enough against them. make them pass. Luper and Bigham dont pass much until they have to. they would rather drive to the basket. dont give them the opportunity to run make them pass.

Comment

We have played relatively even or better in two halves against ORU. The other two halves, very ugly. I have to believe that if we could play a complete game in the Summit Tourney, we'd have a chance to knock them off.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

it sucks to think that there is a summit team that we hope to avoid in the tourney and it sucks that we hope someone else knocks off oru...

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
              the only way for the Jacks to beat ORU is to press the crap out of them from one end of the floor to the other. force them into turnovers, shot clock violations. dont give them a running start to the basket, make them work for it. half court pressure is just not enough against them. make them pass. Luper and Bigham dont pass much until they have to. they would rather drive to the basket. dont give them the opportunity to run make them pass.
              The ORU guards would feast on a press as they would simply dribble through it for layups. We don't have the athleticism to imploy that strategy.

Comment

Well, that certainly was a long way to go to kick our arses handed to us (again). Seriously, 30-some turnovers?
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                  The ORU guards would feast on a press as they would simply dribble through it for layups.
                  If we pressed ORU, they'd score 120 pts and it'd look like a game on PS3
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                    The ORU guards would feast on a press as they would simply dribble through it for layups. We don't have the athleticism to imploy that strategy.
                    I dont think so. but what the f-- nothing else has worked so far

Comment

Press ORU? Absolutely not in my opinion. That would be gasoline on the fire. We can't defend their perimeter players in the half court, let alone the entire length of the floor.

With ORU's youth, they have definitely sent notice to us that in the next few years we have to fix some things or we won't be the top team in the league. Yeah, I know taking care of the ball is a big problem. But we also cannot defend them on the perimeter. We either need to game plan differently or we need to find players who can handle themselves against ORU.

Comment

From the Yahoo box score:

Macie 27 minutes, 6 TO
                        Ketty 20 minutes, 9 TO
                        Alison 1 minute, 3 TO

Comment

I'm surprised that Anderson didn't get more minutes. She is probably the quickest defender of the guards that we have, and the rest of the defense wasn't working. I know she got a couple really quick turnovers, but I would have thought she would get some more time.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                            The Jacks have the time and lots of potential to improve before the tourney.

We have been saying that all year. Time is running out.

Comment

Been watching women's hoops for a long time and barring the fact that they kicked the crap out of us...ORU's 2 guards are really fun to watch and very impressive. I'm not sure if I've seen anyone else who made Macie look slow but they both did today. Anybody know if Gabby Boever has those kind of quicks because no one presently on the team does.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                                From the Yahoo box score:

Macie 27 minutes, 6 TO
                                Ketty 20 minutes, 9 TO
                                Alison 1 minute, 3 TO
                                Ketty just can't have 9 turnovers for us to be competitive with ORU. Imagine many of those were unforced errors.

Comment

Working...
                                X