Oru gdt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oru gdt

One thing ORU doesn't have going for them is that Centenary is so bad teams can pretty much just spend the entire week focusing on shutting them down.

We definitely had a gameplan that was focused on stopping Luper and it worked well.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
      One thing ORU doesn't have going for them is that Centenary is so bad teams can pretty much just spend the entire week focusing on shutting them down.

We definitely had a gameplan that was focused on stopping Luper and it worked well.
      I have to agree. Your coach had IMHO the perfect game plan for beating ORU. I think a lot of league teams will be interested in studying that video of your game. SDSU tried to run with them. That didn't work. NDSU didn't--and that did work.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Anybody notice that Luper played all 40 min? She must really be in good shape with fresh players gaurding her all the time,with no rest.In fact, thier whole starting five don't sit out too much.With all our subing in players, it's going to take a lot longer to get a rythem going amongst all kinds of different line ups.I think as the season progresses, we'll be playing better.The first five or six games, for example, Eide never played much at all.I'd like to see the players with the hot hand shooting stay in longer, as well as thier shooting streak last's anyway's.Shooters have to shoot, sooner or later , they start hitting shots.Printy for Iowa did as well as Bigham this last game.Also Woodard of Creighton in the first game of the WNIT.Kristin last yr against Minn.Jill against Gonzaga last year.Ketty can get on a streak, Macies hit multiple 3's, so has Sunnarborg.Some games this year, our best shooters havn,t attemted to even shoot much.I guess you have to feel comfortable before you let one fly, but then we should explore ways to get the shooters open more. Any way, i'm just a fan , so i'll shut up now & let the professionals figure out the best way to run the team.

Comment

...so far this season Luper avg's 35.7 min/gm and Bigham 31.0 min/gm

It'll be interesting to see if they hit a wall later in the year.
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
            ...so far this season Luper avg's 35.7 min/gm and Bigham 31.0 min/gm

It'll be interesting to see if they hit a wall later in the year.
            Interesting observation Freshman sometimes burn out.

Comment

Not sure about their other games, but I thought Bigham is the player that is and will be the biggest problem for their opponents. Many of Luper's looks were created by Bigham being able to get past her defender. I wonder how many of her assists are to Luper. Luper had a much more difficult time creating her own shots than Bigham, in fact the only player that she was consistently able to beat was Jill Young, while Bigham got around everyone on a regular basis.

Did the Bison focus on Luper, or was their game plan to keep Bigham under control and not create all the open looks for Luper and Pyle?

If I remember correctly Pyle is a senior, and if they can find/develop another inside player they will be one heck of a team for some time to come.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

If I remember correctly Pyle is a senior, and if they can find/develop another inside player they will be one heck of a team for some time to come.[/QUOTE]

Pyle is a Sophmore

Comment

My mistake, don't they have a senior center/forward? Is it Voelker? Oh well, they are going to be good for a while.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post

Did the Bison focus on Luper, or was their game plan to keep Bigham under control and not create all the open looks for Luper and Pyle?

If I remember correctly Pyle is a senior, and if they can find/develop another inside player they will be one heck of a team for some time to come.
                    The Bison keyed in on Luper the entire game she only scored like 13 points while Bigham scored 30.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                      The Bison keyed in on Luper the entire game she only scored like 13 points while Bigham scored 30.
                      Did you watch the NDSU-ORU game? I'm wondering what they did different if they "keyed" on her. Did they play a box and 1? Did they trap her when she caught the ball? Did they faceguard her and not let her touch the ball?

Comment

According to the Fargo paper, they tried to keep her from touching the ball. As for seniors, the senior starter was Janelle Voelker. They have one other senior who played sparingly (did get a long three...but that was it), and another senior who didn't play. They started two freshmen and two sophomores.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
                          Did you watch the NDSU-ORU game? I'm wondering what they did different if they "keyed" on her. Did they play a box and 1? Did they trap her when she caught the ball? Did they faceguard her and not let her touch the ball?

They doubled her and denied her the ball, did not give her clean looks for shots. while they guarded her, Bigham had a big night.

Comment

Working...
                          X