13 NDSU
    20 @ IPFW
    22 @ Oakland
    27 IUPUI (Corduroy Classic)

Mar.
    1 WIU
    6-9 Summit League Championships - Sioux Falls

Re: 2009-10 Schedule

Going to have to hit the ground running with the first two games being Gonzaga followed by Arizona State.Wasn't Arizona State the team touted as the one who used a very deep bench?The nine day stretch in Dec should say a lot about what the season will be like with Middle Tenn. State, Utah , & Iowa.Glad we get a shot at Iowa this year, usually a pretty good team in the Big Ten, hope we can keep our string of Big Ten game victories going.Nothing really stands out this year unless we get to play Virginia (comparable to Maryland last year?)Sure would like to see a game against the top tier of the Big ten.All in all, i think it's really a pretty decent OOC schedule.No exhibitions this year?oh ya ...charlotte seems to be an " up & comming" type team & should be a tough opening game in the Junkanoo jam.Lots of tough games should really test our metal.
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 06-01-2009, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      Going to have to hit the ground running with the first two games being Gonzaga followed by Arizona State.Wasn't Arizona State the team touted as the one who used a very deep bench?The nine day stretch in Dec should say a lot about what the season will be like with Middle Tenn. State, Utah , & Iowa.Glad we get a shot at Iowa this year, usually a pretty good team in the Big Ten, hope we can keep our string of Big Ten game victories going.Nothing really stands out this year unless we get to play Virginia (comparable to Maryland last year?)Sure would like to see a game against the top tier of the Big ten.All in all, i think it's really a pretty decent OOC schedule.No exhibitions this year?
      Iowa finsihed 2nd in the Big 10. I would call that top tier

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
        As an Iowa grad, I'd like to agree... but under Lisa Bluder, the Iowa WBB program has been a pretty big disappointment for years and years. I'd say last year was the exception that proves the rule.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

That schedule looks pretty good. The month of November is going to be an interesting start to the year with that schedule. Glad to see the Jackrabbits keeping the bar set very high by scheduling the teams they do.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
            Yes, i guess you could call Iowa top tier, but i'd say being they were tied with two other teams for second at 13-5 conference, & that they got eliminated from the NCAA Tournement in the first round by Georgia Tech, where as, Mich State, (3rd rd)1 pt. loss to Iowa state, Ohio State (3rd rd), & Purdue (4th rd)& Minn (2 nd rd) did better, i thought they played too inconsistent last yr to be considered top tier of the Big Ten....that & i didn't know thier final standing in the conference when i did the first post
            Last edited by jackdaniel; 06-01-2009, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
              Nov.
              13 Gonzaga
              15 @ Arizona State
              19 @ Illinois State
              22 Western Kentucky
              26 Charlotte - Junkanoo Jam Grand Bahama Island
              27 Indiana or Virgina - Junkanoo Jam Grand Bahama Island

Dec,
              5 @ WIU
              7 @ IUPUI
              13 Middle Tennessee State
              19 @ Utah
              22 @ Iowa
              28 Northern Iowa

Jan.
              2 Centenary (Lamb Bonanza - DH)
              4 ORU
              9 @ SUU
              11 @ UMKC
              16 @ NDSU
              23 Oakland (DH)
              25 IPFW
              30 @ ORU

Feb.
              1 @ Centenary
              6 UMKC (Pork Classic - DH)
              8 SUU
              13 NDSU
              20 @ IPFW
              22 @ Oakland
              27 IUPUI (Corduroy Classic)

Mar.
              1 WIU
              6-9 Summit League Championships - Sioux Falls

WHAT A GREAT SCHEDULE!!!!!!

Gonzaga - Hands down the best of the WCC (Like SDSU is to the Summit)
              AZ St - Powerhouse in the PAC-10, that plays virtually identical to SDSU. Platoon system vs platoon system. Watched their game vs. OK? in the NCAA's and it was like watching the Jacks.
              IL St - Top Tier of MoValley - Have been post-season last two years.
              WKU - A top tier Sunbelt, and have been post season the least couple of years.
              Charlotte - Will be top tier of SoCon, but doubt #1
              Indiana - Solid middle of B-10 or U VA - SDSU vs Cavs is the "anticipated" top 25 type championship game for that bracket. U VA will be in top 3 of ACC this upcoming year.
              WIU/IUPUI - Summit games at home. Last trip to Brookings for Whitted?
              MTSU - The Sunbelt's best this upcoming year, with the nation's leading scorer returning as a JR. Since they're coming to Brookings first, this should be a home/home with a great mid-major power.
              Utah - Last 2X champ of MWC.
              Iowa - Upper tier of B-10.
              UNI - return game of home/home - poorest RPI OOC opponent for Jacks.

Summit League - Should be another year pwned by Jacks. Oakland should be #2 again, and a fair battle @ #3-5 with NDSU/ORU then possibly IUPUI

Comment

yes very good schedule. i still believe its only 28 games. so we would still have 1 left to schedule. adding MTSU and Az State is good. I'm still waiting for us to get a game with a huge name school (maryland, oklahoma, duke, tennessee, stanford) yet. that is something we've always lacked.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit_fan View Post
                  yes very good schedule. i still believe its only 28 games. so we would still have 1 left to schedule. adding MTSU and Az State is good. I'm still waiting for us to get a game with a huge name school (maryland, oklahoma, duke, tennessee, stanford) yet. that is something we've always lacked.
                  And right now I think we have to take another step forward before these schools would think about scheduling us. From their perspective, the Jacks are a HUGE trap game: excellant opponent without a great deal of nat'l rep. They beat us and it is expected, but not considered a really good win (national perspective). If they lose to us, it is not like they lost to a perennial power that wouldn't cost them a lot. In a couple of years, we will have the continued national exposure so that beating us will be considered a "good" win and a loss will not cause them a significant drop in the rankings.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                    Charlotte - Will be top tier of SoCon, but doubt #1
                    Charlotte is in the A-10 conference not SoCon. The A10 is a much stronger c0nference than the SoCon.

Comment

I had some time on my hands so I did a little research on our 2009-2010 nonconference opponents. I wanted to see what they all have coming back from last year's team and compare it to us. I took only the top 8 scorers off of last year's rosters. I understand that there are so many factors that go into a team that cannot be measured in scoring, but this is something to go on anyway.
                      I would venture to say that the 09-10 schedule is going to be VERY VERY tough.

Listed below are our non conference opponents, their 08-09 record,
                      the number of players returning from their top 8 scorers from last year, and the average pts returning from their top 8 scorers from last year.

GONZAGA 27-7
                      7 players (3 seniors, 3 juniors, 1 sophomore)
                      74.0 returning pts

ARIZONA STATE 26-9
                      5 returning players (4 seniors 1 junior)
                      37.6 returning pts

ILLINOIS STATE 27-8
                      7 returning players (4 seniors 3 juniors)
                      50.7 returning pts

WESTERN KENTUCKY 16-13
                      7 returning players (2 seniors, 3 juniors, 2 sophomores)
                      60.6 returning pts

UNC CHARLOTTE 23-9
                      6 returning players (3 seniors, 1 junior, 2 sophomores)
                      48.2 returning pts

INDIANA 21-11
                      5 returning players (1 senior, 2 juniors, 2 sophomores)
                      33.7 returning pts

VIRGINIA 24-10
                      5 returning players (1 senior, 1 junior, 3 sophomores)
                      39.3 returning pts

MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE 28-6
                      8 returning players (6 seniors and 2 juniors)
                      77.6 returning pts

UTAH 23-10
                      33.1 returning pts

IOWA 21-11
                      31.2 returning pts

NORTHERN IOWA 11-19
                      8 returning players (2 seniors, 3 juniors, 3 sophomores)
                      62.0 returning pts

SOUTH DAKOTA STATE 32-3
                      5 returning players (2 seniors, 2 juniors, 1 sophomore)
                      44.1 returning pts

Comment

I think rebounding without Jenn will be a challenge.Some of the bigger Div 1 schools have 6 foot or over players at all positions.Jenn was such an all around player in everything, that the players this year have to fill that void.I also feel like sticking my neck way out & say that Jill Young will double her scoring of last year, she's gonna be a star in Div 1 basketball, Maria ,Ketty & Kristin will step it up this year,& be great,the whole teams more experienced & ready to take on the challenge presented them, I'm optomistic that the team will be as good or better than last year.I would not be too disappointed if we lost a few more games this year ,as it seems the schedule is tougher, as long as it helps us be a better team in the post season.
                        Last edited by jackdaniel; 06-02-2009, 10:48 PM. Reason: goofed up

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
                          I had some time on my hands so I did a little research on our 2009-2010 nonconference opponents. I wanted to see what they all have coming back from last year's team and compare it to us. I took only the top 8 scorers off of last year's rosters. I understand that there are so many factors that go into a team that cannot be measured in scoring, but this is something to go on anyway.

the number of players returning from their top 8 scorers from last year, and the average pts returning from their top 8 scorers from last year.

GONZAGA 27-7
                          74.0 returning pts

ARIZONA STATE 26-9
                          37.6 returning pts

ILLINOIS STATE 27-8
                          50.7 returning pts

WESTERN KENTUCKY 16-13
                          60.6 returning pts

UNC CHARLOTTE 23-9
                          48.2 returning pts

INDIANA 21-11
                          33.7 returning pts

VIRGINIA 24-10
                          39.3 returning pts

77.6 returning pts

UTAH 23-10
                          33.1 returning pts

IOWA 21-11
                          31.2 returning pts

NORTHERN IOWA 11-19
                          62.0 returning pts

SOUTH DAKOTA STATE 32-3
                          44.1 returning pts
                          I'd be happy to go 6-4 out of these ten games( not counting UNI)These teams would make one heck of a conference,wouldn't they?Except for traveling costs

Comment

This is great work JamesJack...you really know how to work in the off season...serious props, rep points, and smiley faces to you!

GO RABBITS!!! (Time to start the midnight-minus-two countdown yet??)

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post

GONZAGA 27-7
                            74.0 returning pts

ARIZONA STATE 26-9
                            37.6 returning pts

ILLINOIS STATE 27-8
                            50.7 returning pts

WESTERN KENTUCKY 16-13
                            60.6 returning pts

UNC CHARLOTTE 23-9
                            48.2 returning pts

INDIANA 21-11
                            33.7 returning pts

VIRGINIA 24-10
                            39.3 returning pts

77.6 returning pts

UTAH 23-10
                            33.1 returning pts

IOWA 21-11
                            31.2 returning pts

NORTHERN IOWA 11-19
                            62.0 returning pts

SOUTH DAKOTA STATE 32-3
                            44.1 returning pts

Comment

It is on line:

http://www.gojacks.com/SportSelect.d...44&SPSID=64553

Go State!

Comment

Working...
                              X