2009-10 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2009-10 Schedule

Any predictions upon SDSU's ranking, when the AP polls are presented? Also how 'big' are the first two games of the season, more so ASU to gettin momentum heading into break and then conference play?

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
      Unfortunately, SDSU has ONLY 3 BCS teams on its schedule, so won't have the luxury of pwning the Big 10 like last year. Therefore, Jacks ability to rise in the polls will come at the expense of our mid Major competitors, as we take on a slew of 2009 post season teams, and most of these mid-majors are returning most of their top scorers.

I suspect, that among true polls, that Jacks will be in "others receiving votes", even pre-season. If we come out of the Bahamas victorious over UVA, and no more than 2 losses, we'll be into the area we were seeing last year.

The ONLY team with a better record than Jacks going into March Madness was UConn. That is a very high bar to match. Can Jacks do it again without Jen W? Those looking from the outside are guessing NO. The 09-10 edition of Jacks WBB will need to prove them wrong. IMHO, this will be another EXCELLING TEAM. The only piece untested is who's going to be the go-to under the basket, ie who's going to be the BIG big this year.

Have we forgotten about Maria Boever. Jenn, Cara and put the name Dietel in the back of your mind for a big contributor this coming year. I agree with a previous post that Ketty will big strong this year. But, I think we need Kristin Rotert to come up big in more ways than "big" this year.

GBGBGJ

Comment

This is probably posted somewhere else on the board (I've been away for a little while), but the Jacks have added another exhibition game to the schedule. They will play Wayne State on Sunday, Nov. 1 and then play Mankato State on Nov. 5. Good to get a couple of games in before the big ones!

Comment

Originally posted by Fanatic111689 View Post
          Any predictions upon SDSU's ranking, when the AP polls are presented? Also how 'big' are the first two games of the season, more so ASU to gettin momentum heading into break and then conference play?
          I am going to say an outside chance of sneaking in to the top 25 preseason poll, but more than likely we'll be just outside of it getting a number of votes.

Comment

Just looked thru the you tube high lite videos ....wow very impressive high lite's of the 2006-07 i believe team, really ready for the season to get under way after watching part 1-4.

Comment

I have mixed feelings about not playing the U of Minn this year. We've had their number and it has been a very good matchup for us each year. However, this could be a tougher year to play them despite the loss of Emily Fox.

Coach Borton has commented that this is the most seasoned team she has had since Whalen led them to the Final Four in 2004. We've done well against them in recent years because we could match up with them on talent and we've had great senior leadership and coaching. This year they would have matched us on the senior leadership.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/go...7PQLanchO7DiUr

On the flip side, playing the Gophs in Minneapolis has probably helped us with recruiting. It can't hurt to regularly beat them in their neighborhood, which also happens to be a key recruiting area for us.

Comment

I forget who the commit is, but she's from one of the small towns just outside the metro, and I believe her comments when she committed were to the effect that she'd 'always' seen herself at SDSU, that she wanted an offer from SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                  I have mixed feelings about not playing the U of Minn this year. We've had their number and it has been a very good matchup for us each year. However, this could be a tougher year to play them despite the loss of Emily Fox.

Coach Borton has commented that this is the most seasoned team she has had since Whalen led them to the Final Four in 2004. We've done well against them in recent years because we could match up with them on talent and we've had great senior leadership and coaching. This year they would have matched us on the senior leadership.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/go...7PQLanchO7DiUr

On the flip side, playing the Gophs in Minneapolis has probably helped us with recruiting. It can't hurt to regularly beat them in their neighborhood, which also happens to be a key recruiting area for us.
                  Looks like the Gophers lost an exhibition game to D2 Winona State tonight: http://www.gophersports.com/ViewArti...CLID=204827638

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                    Just looked thru the you tube high lite videos ....wow very impressive high lite's of the 2006-07 i believe team, really ready for the season to get under way after watching part 1-4.
                    I think you're talking about freshman Leah Dietel, who is from Jordan, MN, just south of the Twin Cities. She's probably as good a "get" as we have had, and I expect her to see a lot of playing time this year.

Comment

Working...
                    X