2009-10 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2009-10 Schedule

As a fan of the Lady Raiders of Middle TN, I'm excited to see our series resume. You guys hold the edge 2-1 and we look forward to getting even this Dec. Interesting that the visiting team has won every game so far.

JamesJacks did some awesome analysis. The Lady Raiders return every player from last year's squad and add a top-30 recruiting class. And Alysha Clark led the nation in scoring last season. So we have a veteran squad with some star power.

We'll be cheering for you guys in every game but two this season. Obviously my fellow Lady Raider fans will be rooting for our team on Dec 13. And we have to support our fellow Sun Belt member Western KY on Nov 22. (Don't tell anyone, but we won't be disappointed if you beat the Lady Goattoppers.)

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Shirley View Post
      As a fan of the Lady Raiders of Middle TN, I'm excited to see our series resume. You guys hold the edge 2-1 and we look forward to getting even this Dec. Interesting that the visiting team has won every game so far.

JamesJacks did some awesome analysis. The Lady Raiders return every player from last year's squad and add a top-30 recruiting class. And Alysha Clark led the nation in scoring last season. So we have a veteran squad with some star power.

We'll be cheering for you guys in every game but two this season. Obviously my fellow Lady Raider fans will be rooting for our team on Dec 13. And we have to support our fellow Sun Belt member Western KY on Nov 22. (Don't tell anyone, but we won't be disappointed if you beat the Lady Goattoppers.)
      Also look forward to the game, Middle Tenn. State only lost to Mich State, a very good team also, by only 1 point, they had the ball the last ten seconds of the game, but couldn't get a shot off.We were in a similar situation with Baylor in our second rd game, but we only had seven tenths of a second.Should be a good, tough game for both teams , good luck the rest of your season, but have to root for the rabbits in this one.

Comment

http://www.msumavericks.com/schedule...omensports.php

I see we will be playing the D-II champs on Nov 5th in an exhibition game.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks nl View Post
          http://www.msumavericks.com/schedule...omensports.php

I see we will be playing the D-II champs on Nov 5th in an exhibition game.
          Should be a good warm-up...I believe they lost 4, if not all 5 starters so I don't expect it to be overly competitive. I am glad there is an exhibition game though before we jump into the fire versus Gonzaga and then ASU.
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Two games this years season wii include two teams ranked pre-season in the top 25 by athlon magazine.They are ASU at #16 & MTSU somewhere between 18-25 .Couldn't find the official listing , but heard of it on this message board.For the most part, Athlon's picks aren't too highly regarded it seems.But, it's the first pre-season ranking so far of the new season.
            http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/...95&tsn=1Forgot Sorry, forgot Va. is listed too.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
              Two games this years season wii include two teams ranked pre-season in the top 25 by athlon magazine.They are ASU at #16 & MTSU somewhere between 18-25 .Couldn't find the official listing , but heard of it on this message board.For the most part, Athlon's picks aren't too highly regarded it seems.But, it's the first pre-season ranking so far of the new season.
              http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/...95&tsn=1Forgot Sorry, forgot Va. is listed too.
              MTSU is ranked 20th.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                Athlon rankings suck. Michigan St at #5?!? And where is South Dakota St??? You guys should EASILY be top-25 and I think you should be top-20 to start the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Shirley View Post
                  Athlon rankings suck. Michigan St at #5?!? And where is South Dakota St??? You guys should EASILY be top-25 and I think you should be top-20 to start the season.
                  You won't get any argument around here.

Comment

This poll really means nothing , til the teams go out & prove themslves, it's all just conjecture anyway, let the battles begin, there's always teams nipp'n at your heels trying to bump off a rated team.I don't think we need that at the start of the season, although, i think our women would respond to the challenge as i'm sure MTSU 's women will too.Maybe this poll suggest's that it's wide open this year for anyone .I do think it might be an opportunity this year for some mid-majors like the Jacks & MTSU to move in & mess with the pollsters mind's a little bit & whip some of the major conference teams.That's alway's a lot of fun.

Comment

Good news is we are more of a known commodity now and if Jacks have early success in the non-conference schedule we will be recognized in the polls.

Comment

Unfortunately, SDSU has ONLY 3 BCS teams on its schedule, so won't have the luxury of pwning the Big 10 like last year. Therefore, Jacks ability to rise in the polls will come at the expense of our mid Major competitors, as we take on a slew of 2009 post season teams, and most of these mid-majors are returning most of their top scorers.

I suspect, that among true polls, that Jacks will be in "others receiving votes", even pre-season. If we come out of the Bahamas victorious over UVA, and no more than 2 losses, we'll be into the area we were seeing last year.

The ONLY team with a better record than Jacks going into March Madness was UConn. That is a very high bar to match. Can Jacks do it again without Jen W? Those looking from the outside are guessing NO. The 09-10 edition of Jacks WBB will need to prove them wrong. IMHO, this will be another EXCELLING TEAM. The only piece untested is who's going to be the go-to under the basket, ie who's going to be the BIG big this year.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                          Can Jacks do it again without Jen W? Those looking from the outside are guessing NO.
                          Those looking from the outside will eventually figure it out:

'03 -- 'can they do it without Melissa Pater?'
                          '04 -- 'can they do it without Brenda Davis?'
                          '05 -- 'can they do it without Shannon Schlagel?'
                          '07 -- 'can they do it without Megan Vogel?'
                          '09 -- 'can they do it without Jenn Warkenthien?'

Eventually, they'll figure out AJ is more than a mediocre coach who lucked into an underrated recruit.......

Comment

well said zooropa

Comment

I see Ketty having a big year as a senior. And I see the team as a whole having a big year. Maybe one or two losses more. Like Macie told me this summer, they learned a lesson when Oakland beat them last season at Oakland and I see the team still carrying that lesson into this year.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                                Those looking from the outside will eventually figure it out:

'03 -- 'can they do it without Melissa Pater?'
                                '04 -- 'can they do it without Brenda Davis?'
                                '05 -- 'can they do it without Shannon Schlagel?'
                                '07 -- 'can they do it without Megan Vogel?'
                                '09 -- 'can they do it without Jenn Warkenthien?'

Eventually, they'll figure out AJ is more than a mediocre coach who lucked into an underrated recruit.......
                                Yeah, maybe by the 4th straight D-I NCAA March Madness, especially if Jacks can run into the sweet 16 once or twice. Enjoy the season, Jacks will dominate the Summit, and should be a less than 5 losses team going in.

Comment

Working...
                                X