Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: March Madness Articles

http://baylorbears.cstv.com/sports/w...031909aab.html

FYI. Looks like Ron Franklin and Fran Fraschilla will be doing the game for ESPN2

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      DirecTV channel 211, an ESPN alternate channel, shows TCU vs. South Dakota State starting at 6:11 PM CDT Sunday.
      On Dish alternate channels it is blacked out and won't let you get it.

Comment

Just checked my ESPN alternates on DirecTV and they are blacked out also. hopefully it will be enabled for tomorrow's game.
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
          Just checked my ESPN alternates on DirecTV and they are blacked out also. hopefully it will be enabled for tomorrow's game.
          Those buggers! They were open, but are blacked out here in KC, too. Grr.

Can't get ESPN360.com because of #$#@$ Comcast (actually, because @$@#$ ESPN has blocked out @#$@#$ Comcast's ^#$%# IP addresses).

Not a happy camper right now. Guess I'll be listening to the Gojacks.com audio, unless we're the Featured Game on ESPN2.

Also, anybody else unhappy that #$#@$ ESPN is playing #$@#$ POKER instead of the women's tournament?

$@%@#$%!!!
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by g_mandakota View Post
            According to ESPN webpage. ESPN2 Standard Definition is going to be regional whereas the SDSU game will be premiered on that channel. ESPN2 HD is going to be national where the high definition version of ESPN2 is going to be "whipping around" the country.

Let us hope it works that way.

Darn wish I was on my way to Lubbock today!

Lets hope so. You'd think tourney time they'd give every one a break and give the games for free. But $$$$$$$

Comment

Link to ESPN Coverage Maps for Sunday's Games:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/ncaato...?page=maps0322

It would appear that ESPN2 Standard Definition in SD will have the SDSU game exclusively.

For those of you who no longer reside in SD, it would appear you will be subject to "whip around" coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                Also, anybody else unhappy that #$#@$ ESPN is playing #$@#$ POKER instead of the women's tournament?
                1) Poker is not a sport

2) Texas Hold 'Em is not good poker

3) Letting players wear hats and sunglasses while playing cheapens things even more.

That's exactly what I think about ESPN's coverage of poker.

They let players hide half their faces while playing a remarkably low-skill version of a game that should not, under any circumstances, be considered a sport.

Five or seven card stud played with no hats and sunglasses....

Comment

and I thought I was the only one that hates all this damn poker crap on tv. How worthless a life can one have watching that crap.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                    1) Poker is not a sport

2) Texas Hold 'Em is not good poker

3) Letting players wear hats and sunglasses while playing cheapens things even more.

That's exactly what I think about ESPN's coverage of poker.

They let players hide half their faces while playing a remarkably low-skill version of a game that should not, under any circumstances, be considered a sport.

Five or seven card stud played with no hats and sunglasses....
                    One of their "stars" has played dressed up as George S. Patton. What a joke.

Comment

Whip around coverage means they have one main game, like for me today was Miss St and Texas, then they go to the other sites for updates. Unless its a blow out then they might switch to another game. Hopefully the Jacks will be the main game for the whip around areas. I sent an email to ESPN discussing how it was not right that coverage areas would get the game for free while people wanting to see that particular game not in the coverage area has to pay for it or get screwed. Full Court ends tommorrow and $75 just to watch one game one day was just not right. If ATT had coverage in my area I would switch from Comcast the A$$$$ holes.

Comment

Is anyone else having a hard time getting todays TV chat to play?

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...NTPAGECAROUSEL

Comment

Works for me

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                            Hopefully the Jacks will be the main game for the whip around areas.
                            Just saw on the other SDSU v DePaul game that the Green Bay v LSU will be the main game. I'm hoping for a blowout there so they will switch. I guess I'll start with gojacks.com and the radio feed.
                            Go State! Go State!

Comment

Couple other blogs to follow if you are like me and can't get enough.....

KSFY's Peters:
                              http://www.ksfy.com/blogs/peters

Kelo's Elsen:
                              http://www.keloland.com/sports/sdsu/
                              “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

Sioux Falls is flat? Maybe out in the 'burbs.

Comment

Working...
                                X