Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jacks-Westerwinds GDT

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
    One announcer just predicted us in the 10-14 range for the NCAA tournament??
    must not read espnu online.

Comment

Good job, Jackrabbits!!!

Comment

Macie leads the Jacks in scoring with 8, Maria with 7 than a whole bunch with 3 to 5.

Onto the men we go as they need a win on the road badly.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Ugly? Consider this:

Jacks had one player with three points, one with four, one with five, four with six, one with seven and one with eight.

The 20th ranked team in the country just got a 21-point league win on the road without anyone scoring in double figures.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
            Ugly? Consider this:

Jacks had one player with three points, one with four, one with five, four with six, one with seven and one with eight.

The 20th ranked team in the country just got a 21-point league win on the road without anyone scoring in double figures.
            AJ did mention in an interview earlier in the year that sometimes we play down to the talent of our opponent. That was certainly the case tonight.

We will need to play better against IUPUI on Monday. They beat NDSU today. IUPUI is a much better team than WI.

Will be interesting to hear Coach post game comments.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Macie Michelson for the post-game interview

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                must not read espnu online.
                Granted it was just one of them, the other had us in the 4-6 range, but he was very adamant that the Jacks weren't going to get higher than a 10

Comment

AJ is as smooth as 44 creek! Maybe you don't know what that is? Try it. AJ was very satisfied with the officials, the rebounding and of course the win.

Another challenge at IUPUI coming up. Congrats on the win Ladies.

GBGBGJ

Comment

AJ western physical refs good, team didnt handle physical well. jenn off shot bad ,physical. jill hit big at half, not pretty bb, defended walker well, didnt foul, post players did good against height of wiu. rebounded well, IUPUI will be good Cann is back and will be diff than at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                      AJ is as smooth as 44 creek! Maybe you don't know what that is? Try it. AJ was very satisfied with the officials, the rebounding and of course the win.

Another challenge at IUPUI coming up. Congrats on the win Ladies.

GBGBGJ
                      I thought the officials were great tonight, much better than we've seen

Comment

Granted it was just one of them, the other had us in the 4-6 range, but he was very adamant that the Jacks weren't going to get higher than a 10

Based, exactly, on what? The belief that no one in the Summit deserves to be that high? Did this announcer LOOK at the Jacks schedule?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                          Based, exactly, on what? The belief that no one in the Summit deserves to be that high? Did this announcer LOOK at the Jacks schedule?
                          It confused me as well, it may be just them not doing their homework again

Comment

It confused me as well, it may be just them not doing their homework again
                            No they rattled off the Jacks non-conference wins before the game started.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                              The Summit league if they really want to be big time should hire a broadcasting staff for their video and make it professional instead of leaving it up to students and amateurs. Sorry journalism majors.
                              I wasn't impressed with the announcers pronunciation of the SDSU players names, but I thought the overall broadcast was well done, especially for a web cast. The picture and camera angles were good, they actually cut to commercials and transitioned to them effortlessly, and I really like the sideline reporting aspect. Student run or not, I think SDSU could take some pointers from WIU on their web casts of games (except I would suggest keeping the play by play announcer professional, like we currently have). A student color commentator and student sideline reporter wouldn't be a bad idea though, as I, for one, would like to see the SDSU Journalism Department be "more" involved in the production of the games, as college is suppose to prepare you for your future job, and what better place to learn the rope than in a local media settting along side a professional like Tyler.
                              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                                I wasn't impressed with the announcers pronunciation of the SDSU players names, but I thought the overall broadcast was well done, especially for a web cast. The picture and camera angles were good, they actually cut to commercials and transitioned to them effortlessly, and I really like the sideline reporting aspect. Student run or not, I think SDSU could take some pointers from WIU on their web casts of games (except I would suggest keeping the play by play announcer professional, like we currently have). A student color commentator and student sideline reporter wouldn't be a bad idea though, as I, for one, would like to see the SDSU Journalism Department be "more" involved in the production of the games, as college is suppose to prepare you for your future job, and what better place to learn the rope than in a local media settting along side a professional like Tyler.
                                Until 8 months ago, Tyler was an SDSU journalism student.
                                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                                X