Jacks-Westerwinds GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacks-Westerwinds GDT

I'll be making the trip from St. Charles County to WIU with my son in law. This will be my first game since I saw the Jacks play Oklahoma State in 1968 when Hank Iba was coaching (against Jim Marking), that's ancient history. Looking forward to both games, even if the arena is cold, dank and the floor is named after a garbage company.

Re: Jacks-Westerwinds GDT

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
    I'll be making the trip from St. Charles County to WIU with my son in law. This will be my first game since I saw the Jacks play Oklahoma State in 1968 when Hank Iba was coaching (against Jim Marking), that's ancient history. Looking forward to both games, even if the arena is cold, dank and the floor is named after a garbage company.
    Which garbage company is it?If they can afford naming an arena they must be doing well, I might switch service to them.Oops, see how easily I get sidetracted(lol)
    Seriously, hope you & your son in law enjoy the game, another jackrabbit victory for sure

Comment

Waste Management Court, actually.

Comment

Waste Management and NDSU have the same colors so wouldn;t they be better off sponsering the field at the FargoDome.

Comment

Oh, the "big" boys in garbage, should've known,this is kind of like a live chat , won't waste any more of the boards time talking garbage. No pun intended.Just Waste Management. But, once again , enjoy the game.
          Last edited by shinman; 02-07-2009, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Our arena is called Frost Arena, not because it's cold all the time either.Funny how it got named to fit the climate also!

Comment

One of the founders of Waste Management is Dean Buntrock, a Columbia, SD, native.

Comment

Originally posted by shinman View Post
                Our arena is called Frost Arena, not because it's cold all the time either.Funny how it got named to fit the climate also!
                justs in case anyone asks

The arena is named after former SDSU coach and athletic director R.B. "Jack" Frost. The facility, part of the Stanley J. Marshall HPER Center, now seats 6,500 fans for basketball. The SDSU-Augustana game on February 11, 1989, attracted an arena record 9,456 fans, a record which may never be broken since the new chair-back courtside seating, added before the 1992-93 season, eliminated nearly 500 seats from the arena total.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  One of the founders of Waste Management is Dean Buntrock, a Columbia, SD, native.
                  There's a Columbia in South Dakota?

Wow. Must be a reallllllllll small town.

Comment

Yes, it's tiny. It's near Aberdeen. Lots of Buntrocks in the Aberdeen area.

Sounds like a baseball player on the old Flintstones TV cartoon.

Okay, back to the topic. Game time: 4:30 p.m. Hope we win big (style points).

Comment

Cheer loudly, GJ....
                      Who won that Oklahoma State game in '68? Anything you can remember from it?

Comment

out of town scoreboard ou leads cent 48 to 42 under 12 to play

Comment

#14 Kansas State and #10 Louisville have already lost today.

Comment

Game time

Comment

Announcers sound like they are going to be homers.

Comment

Working...
                              X