Oakland University Saturday Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oakland University Saturday Night

Contact your family, contact your friends, have them contact their friends. Offer them tickets now, order early and order a lot.

We need both of these games and we need the crowd to help push the Jackrabbits on to victory. There will be a large contingency of Yankton people there. Lets see the other area communities step up.

I'm hoping for at least 5,000, that sounds a little crazy but I like to think it could happen. I'm not going to be able to make it up Thursday night so I'm looking ahead for the men.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Oakland University Saturday Night

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    Contact your family, contact your friends, have them contact their friends. Offer them tickets now, order early and order a lot.

We need both of these games and we need the crowd to help push the Jackrabbits on to victory. There will be a large contingency of Yankton people there. Lets see the other area communities step up.

I'm hoping for at least 5,000, that sounds a little crazy but I like to think it could happen. I'm not going to be able to make it up Thursday night so I'm looking ahead for the men.
    Will both bleachers be pulled out since the Pork Classic will be going on?

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      Will both bleachers be pulled out since the Pork Classic will be going on?
      The Pork Classic times have been posted to run from 4-6PM. I'm guessing they will pull the bleachers out on east end after the clean-up in done.

Comment

I as well, won't make the mens game on thursday, but am looking forward to the doubleheader this weekend. It will be interesting to see how the women play Oakland this time around. Also hoping the men can win this one, after Oakland squeaked a win last year at Frost by 1 pt with a shot made inside about 20 seconds.

Will be in attendance with the father and brother.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Oldest daughter and a friend will be attending the fast-break clinic that morning. AJ told me they had 450 kids signed up, not sure if thats just the girls or both boys and girls.

We'll have 6 in our group, have to head back to Yankton Saturday night, which is a little inconvenient, but we will make it work. Weather is suppose to be decent, I think.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            Oldest daughter and a friend will be attending the fast-break clinic that morning. AJ told me they had 450 kids signed up, not sure if thats just the girls or both boys and girls.

We'll have 6 in our group, have to head back to Yankton Saturday night, which is a little inconvenient, but we will make it work. Weather is suppose to be decent, I think.
            That is both boys and girls. The registration process ended after all 450 slots were full after a mere 3 days this year! That's fast!

Comment

Going up for the Dakota Duals on Saturday and then the double-header after that. I don't know what I am going to do when wrestling and BB gets over, I may have some free time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
                Going up for the Dakota Duals on Saturday and then the double-header after that. I don't know what I am going to do when wrestling and BB gets over, I may have some free time.
                Play golf, attend spring FB practice at SDSU and get ready for fall tailgating.

We will be having a "spring social" for the Yankton Jackrabbit Club as well.

You have my number, just give me a call when you are bored. I've got 3 little kids and I'm always looking for a babysitter, even an old man like you.

Comment

sounds like both end bleachers will be pulled out. thats great! its going to be a huge crowd hopefully over 4000. and now the jacks just need to pull out 2 victories

Comment

What is considered a sell out for Frost?

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
                      What is considered a sell out for Frost?
                      I'm not entirely sure with the near yearly changes to seating, but I believe it is somewhere in the 6500 range.

Comment

At the risk of sounding patronizing, I hope you avenge your loss to Oakland earlier this season. Good luck and kick their butts.

Comment

they say 6500. but over 5000 would be dang full in Frost.
                          WNIT game 2 years ago was like 6050.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit_fan View Post
                            they say 6500. but over 5000 would be dang full in Frost.
                            WNIT game 2 years ago was like 6050.
                            WNIT Games Attendence:
                            2007 Illinois State - 5719
                            2007 Indiana - 6053
                            2008 Creighton - 4699 (I thought it was a lot more than that)

But the 2007 games were very full, so I would say anything over 6000 people is near capacity.

Comment

Planning to be up there for this big night. Will add 2 or 3 to our family's 2 season tickets.

Comment

Working...
                              X