• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 Recruits

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    Did she seem real quick reaching for the salt shaker?...........j/k
    lol---good one!

bit of a concern to me, tho-----if you are going the juco route, you should hit a home run.

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
      lol---good one!

bit of a concern to me, tho-----if you are going the juco route, you should hit a home run.
      I Agree.There are some good ones to be gotten,but ,just like HS kids,those are the ones everyone wants.

Comment

has there been any future names thrown out? (as far as hs recruits)

as of today, gotta be looking at heiser, boever, and i'm gonna throw eide in the mix. still wouldn't surprise me if they give her a shot at the point. i expect young to log quite a few minutes next year---hopefully, not at the point---and, i just don't see paluch fitting into that position.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
          Not a clue. African American woman. About Macie's size. Seemed to be smiling a lot. That's about all I could discern from the other side of Weary Wil's Sports Grill. That and the fact that Megan Waytashek looks way, way taller up close than she does on the court.
          Seems like it would've been Karis Phillips. She was Skylar Diggins' high school teammate and they finished their senior season as the #2 team in the nation, according to USA Today. She was a juco All-American for North Dakota State College of Science in Wahpeton, N.D. I seen her play on T.V. when they were in T-Mobile Classic on CBS (when she was in high school). Seemed like a good floor general. That's the only one I could think of that SDSU would be after, there are probably others though.

Comment

Originally posted by SDHoops View Post
            Seems like it would've been Karis Phillips. She was Skylar Diggins' high school teammate and they finished their senior season as the #2 team in the nation, according to USA Today. She was a juco All-American for North Dakota State College of Science in Wahpeton, N.D. I seen her play on T.V. when they were in T-Mobile Classic on CBS (when she was in high school). Seemed like a good floor general. That's the only one I could think of that SDSU would be after, there are probably others though.
            As long as we are speculating who this person is/was,my guess would be Tyisha Smith,Coon Rapids Minnesota,went to HS at Minneapolis South.She's a second team juco All-American who played for Iowa Western Community College.She fits where AJ likes to recruit from.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
              As long as we are speculating who this person is/was,my guess would be Tyisha Smith,Coon Rapids Minnesota,went to HS at Minneapolis South.She's a second team juco All-American who played for Iowa Western Community College.She fits where AJ likes to recruit from.
              Seems like a good guess but she is "only" a freshman. It seems rare for D1 schools to recruit juco players after one season. According to an article I read (I'm too lazy to look it up again), Phillips is sifting through a handful of Division I offers.

Comment

Originally posted by SDHoops View Post
                Seems like a good guess but she is "only" a freshman. It seems rare for D1 schools to recruit juco players after one season. According to an article I read (I'm too lazy to look it up again), Phillips is sifting through a handful of Division I offers.
                Sometimes when it happens, it's because the kid didn't get an offer he/she wanted (or waited too long to sign, the music stopped and everybody else sat down and he/she was still standing--i.e. all the D-I offers he/she had got taken by others) so it's off to juco, to try again next recruiting season.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  Sometimes when it happens, it's because the kid didn't get an offer he/she wanted (or waited too long to sign, the music stopped and everybody else sat down and he/she was still standing--i.e. all the D-I offers he/she had got taken by others) so it's off to juco, to try again next recruiting season.
                  Nothing like an old fashion cake walk. Witness several at District 95 Olso Township, Brookings County, one room school social events.
                  In this instance a home made cake was the prize for being able to avoid elimination by finding the chair when the music stopped.

Seriously though the cake walk or musical chairs analogy is a good one. It happens often I would think especially when you have about the same choice several times. ie SDSU, NDSU, UNI all offer at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                    Again have you driven to Worthington to see Martha play. My guess you have not and so thus should not act like you know her game and whether she can play. As discussed, coaching staff had ample opportunity to see her play and decided to either not offer her or she wanted to challenge herself on a bigger stage. My intuition was we could have had her if we wanted her. we have a lot of players like Anne Marie Brown that are well rounded guard/forwards in the 6'0 range and suspect she will do very well. We have not had 6'3 to 6'4 player who can block shots and rebound like Martha.
                    I realize this is water under the bridge since Martha Alwal isn't playing here,but I have to give a hometown girl some publicity. She was named SEC freshman of the week after starting in her first game at Mississippi State and getting 11 rebounds and 10 blocked shots (school record),along with 4 points,1 assist and 1 steal. Will be fun to see how her career develops.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      I realize this is water under the bridge since Martha Alwal isn't playing here,but I have to give a hometown girl some publicity. She was named SEC freshman of the week after starting in her first game at Mississippi State and getting 11 rebounds and 10 blocked shots (school record),along with 4 points,1 assist and 1 steal. Will be fun to see how her career develops.
                      Good for her. Would have been nice to have her to match up with some of these long 6'4 posts to grab some rebounds and block some shots.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                        Good for her. Would have been nice to have her to match up with some of these long 6'4 posts to grab some rebounds and block some shots.
                        Amen to that! (and bring along her 6'10" brother with enough talent to play in the SEC, not saying she has one but if she did it would be nice if she would bring him)
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

It might be time for a sticky for 2012 recruits. Chloe Cornemann from Yankton. Kerri Young of Mitchell has verballed, but she's only a sophomore. Who else has signed or verballed?
                          This space for lease.

Comment

Unstuck this thread . . . onward!
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                              It might be time for a sticky for 2012 recruits. Chloe Cornemann from Yankton. Kerri Young of Mitchell has verballed, but she's only a sophomore. Who else has signed or verballed?
                              Kerri Young is a Junior.

Clark/Willow Lake Junior Chynna Stevens has also verballed to my knowledge.
                              Last edited by jacks1; 01-30-2012, 11:20 PM.
                              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Working...
                              X