Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oregon Game Thread

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
    I believe that TV will be there, don't know if it will be a live web blog.
    As usual, TV will be working overtime in Mexico.
    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
      A win is a win but I think we should have won by at least thirty or more. The Ducks weren't that good.
      They may not be that good, SJ, but they were helpful this weekend as they beat Wyoming...which won't hurt us in the RPI again, and made AJ "very happy". GO JACKS!

Comment

Is it me, or are we maybe not quite aware of just how good a program we have on the women's side at SDSU??

The Jacks beat Wisconsin by 20 and they beat #6 Baylor. Not quite as impressive, but Oregon goes out and beats Wyoming, who won(as we all know) the WNIT two years ago and went to the NCAA's last year. Considering SDSU made the Ducks look silly bad, I have this sneaking suspicion that our SDSU Jackrabbit women are just a bit better than some of us want to believe. Just my opinion of course.

I know how hard it is for us born and bread South Dakotan's to actually believe we are better than anyone, but these ladies are making me believe and for the past 5 years have made me believe, that this area has just as good of athletes as anywhere in the nation. We just need to believe it.

If you're one of those people that tries to tell yourself..."I just can't get into women's basketball", you need to get over it and come out and watch this team play. This product is hands down the BEST this state has to offer right now or ever, as far as competing with ANY team/state in the nation.

Once again, thank god the forward-thinking administration at SDSU that made the decision to make the move to D-1 and at least in one way only after 5 years, show that our state can go toe-to-toe with any team around. If they wouldn't have made this decision, there is one thing for certain...we wouldn't be talking about having a team on SDSU's campus that is probably one of the best 25 teams in the NATION!! Did I mention that they've only been at this for 5 years now?? Who'd a thunk it?

Go Jacks!!
        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          Ever thought about trying the webcast?
          Few reasons, I haven't done that yet. First is my internet is not quite high speed and I'm sure I would have issues with getting streaming there. Second is having to pay for something I should get for free. Third is if I buy it, I would use it too much and neglect family too much. Already borderline with this site

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99 View Post
            Few reasons, I haven't done that yet. First is my internet is not quite high speed and I'm sure I would have issues with getting streaming there. Second is having to pay for something I should get for free. Third is if I buy it, I would use it too much and neglect family too much. Already borderline with this site
            I just don't understand peoples rational that they should be entitled to get something for free. Do you get free cable?

Comment

I just don't understand peoples rational that they should be entitled to get something for free. Do you get free cable?
              Count me in as believing games originating from terrestrial radio broadcasts should be free if its going online. You get FM/AM radio for free over the air, so you technically can listen to the games for free if you live in range. Why should people listening online be discriminated against for wanting a free audio feed of the game?

I understand there is extra costs involved for putting the audio feed online, but the costs associated with that aren't that incredible and could be covered by sponsorships (the same way terrestrial radio coverage is paid for). I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin.

Now if you want to make people pay for the video feed, then I'm all for it. Thats when your free cable argument holds up.

Comment

I can get WNAX free over the air, but the quality usually suffers in direct proportion to how tight the game is at the end. I can never get KJJQ over the air. Work and distance (mostly work) keep me from attending most games in person, so even though I'm kind of a cheap sob, I am happy to be able to get reception over the internet for 5 or 10 bucks a month. I'm sure I pi$$ away more than that on less worthwhile endeavors every month anyway.
                An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
                US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

I pay Mediacom enough money I should get games for free. Heck, they should be buying my tickets to fly to road games with the amount of money they get from me. :-)
                  Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by State_fan View Post
                    Count me in as believing games originating from terrestrial radio broadcasts should be free if its going online. You get FM/AM radio for free over the air, so you technically can listen to the games for free if you live in range. Why should people listening online be discriminated against for wanting a free audio feed of the game?

I understand there is extra costs involved for putting the audio feed online, but the costs associated with that aren't that incredible and could be covered by sponsorships (the same way terrestrial radio coverage is paid for). I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin.

Now if you want to make people pay for the video feed, then I'm all for it. Thats when your free cable argument holds up.

That's a good explanation of where I was coming from. It was free from WNAX and once you are used to something for free, it's hard to get used to paying for it. I'm getting by now without it so I don't have any hard feelings.

If I really need the internet feed I will likely pay for the video and not complain. The money wasn't the biggest hangup of mine anyway.

Comment

[QUOTE=Walrus;96740]I can get WNAX free over the air, but the quality usually suffers in direct proportion to how tight the game is at the end. QUOTE]

Boy, if that isn't the truth. There's nothing like a good game on the air to make the sun start shooting flares and screw up reception.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X