Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Recruiting

Originally posted by SDHoops View Post
    With the contact period ending this coming Thursday, it looks more and more like SDSU might look for a player from the 2011 class. Alex Kneeland from Summit is a work horse and she has been a force for the Dakota Schoolers in the summer time. I'd imagine she'd be in the running.

Alex Kneeland is undersized and if we wanted that than there is a Roosy player out there who would walk circles around her, and I not sure either is right for the program.

We need the new breed of guards that are longer, quicker and more athletic!

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitNation View Post
      Alex Kneeland is undersized and if we wanted that than there is a Roosy player out there who would walk circles around her, and I not sure either is right for the program.

We need the new breed of guards that are longer, quicker and more athletic!
      According to the people that rank players for hoopgirlz, that's not necessarily the case.Class of 2010 number 21 ranked player, a point gaurd, Ronika Ransford,5'6".Number 27th ranked player in the nation,PG,Rachel Coffey,5'7".Number 30th ranked player,PG, Jennifer O'Neill,5'6".Let's try 2011......# 3 ranked player in the nation, a point gaurd,Ariel Massengale,5'6".Number 16 ranked player,Alexia Standish 5'8".Number 24,Cassie Peoples,5'6".Maybe the other positions , you want taller ,longer,but a point guard doesn't necessarily have to fit that mold.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
        Three class shootout in Salem Fri,I think we have just as good of non-committed players in our own back yard with out having to pick up a juco,jus saying, i personaly think Christian Janis is going to be a great one where ever she ends up.She's got everything you could want in a pg.Court savy, instincts, very good shooter.Just to satisfy myself I wasn't overly justified in my high opinion of her, i watched some video on you tube of "best pg girls".I think Christian matches or exceeds any of those girls.I particularly am impressed with her ability to break on the pass to intercept it.She seems to me ,anyway ,of "studying" her opponents for a weakness as the game goes on & she exploits it with a well thought out steal.She's moving full speed before the player even fully releases the ball.Once an arm motion is in progress, the mind can't react fast enough to stop a pass.She can drive all the way to the hoop,she draws defenders to her like glue, witch accounts for all the assists she has to her team mates, excellent at keeping the ball away from attempted blocks,...like Jenn W,she can lay it up with ease using either hand.Did I mention she's fast?She gets defenders dizzy trying to defend her,can get them to go any direction she wants.This might be a stretch, but she reminds me of Becky Hammon in some ways.If she can do just half the stuff in a jackrabbit uniform as she shows in her highlite reel, she'll put butts in the seats just because she's local & so much fun to watch play.If we don't get her, I'll have to see if she excels wherever she goes or if i'm just way off base & don't have a clue to what a good pg is.Not to knock Macy, i think they would both benefit from learning from each other, & Macy would definately be the "starter" next yr, but you have to rest her sometimes.Oh,there are other players there worth watching also, maybe Rachel Walters?
        Rachel Walters is already going to be a Jackrabbit.

Comment

And Walters is just a Junior, so she will not be at the "3 Class Shoot Out". Here are the rosters:

Class AA Girls: Coach: Todd Schlimgen, Mt. Marty

Shaunteva Ashley, S.F. Roosevelt; Carsey Barden, Sturgis; Alison Kusler, Aberdeen Central; Jacqee Jasinski, R.C. Central; Taylor Piper, Mitchell; Mandi Robish, Huron; Brittany Lehner, Watertown; Elise Maresh, S.F. Lincoln; Justine Blade, R.C. Stevens; Whitnee Clayton, S.F. Washington

Class A Girls: Coach: Travis Traphagen, USF

Rachel Krogman, Elkton-Lake Benton; Kelsey Backus, Chester; Larae Zimprich, Hamlin; Jilianne Doom, Wagner; Allyssa Wall, Dakota Valley; Cassie Schuurmans, Bon Homme; Chrissy Strassburg; Elk Point-Jefferson; Sarah Vermeulen, Stickney-Mt. Vernon; Christian Janis, Pine Ridge; Shelby Bierma, Dell Rapids

Class B Girls: Coach: Jory Hansen, DWU

Amanda Hart, Hanson; Hillary Paulson, Freeman; April Winne, Scotland; Caitlin Whiting, White River; Samantha Kleinsasser, James Valley Christian; Kelsey Walloch, Menno; Kylie Westover, Colman-Egan; Shelby Anderson, Ethan; Allison DeKam, Castlewood; Jessie Lee, Viborg

Comment

Hey Mike,
            Probably should give you your own thread but am looking forward to your new show with Mark O.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Shaunteva gets MVP of the shootout for Class AA. Class AA wins. Janis hits a three for the AA team to send it to overtime with Class B. No idea how she got on with the AA, but I just saw it on KSFY highlights. "A" MVP: Rachel Krogman; "B" MVP: Samantha Kleinsasser

Comment

Megan Waytashek was named to the AP 2nd team all state in Minnesota. Congratulations Megan.

http://www.kttc.com/Global/story.asp?S=12196940

Comment

Originally posted by SDHoops View Post
                  Shaunteva gets MVP of the shootout for Class AA. Class AA wins. Janis hits a three for the AA team to send it to overtime with Class B. No idea how she got on with the AA, but I just saw it on KSFY highlights. "A" MVP: Rachel Krogman; "B" MVP: Samantha Kleinsasser
                  Christian Janis arrived late to Salem because of weather issues out west, missed the first contest she was supposed to play in, so they let her play with the 'AA' team,it's on talk sd sports forum.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
                    Megan Waytashek was named to the AP 2nd team all state in Minnesota. Congratulations Megan.

http://www.kttc.com/Global/story.asp?S=12196940

Congrats to Megan. Both Strop and Boever are honorable mention. Three excellent recruits soon to be Jackrabbits. Congrats to all three and welcome to Jackrabbit nation.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                      I think you have to be careful about becoming to enamored with some of the stats that Christian has produced and consider the level of competition she competed against. Will be interesting to see how she does in the shootout.
                      When you're poor & disadvantaged & you're in that school distict & don't have the money or resources to transfer,then it is what it is,I know you didn't mean to disrepect anyone, but i think i see athletic ability in her, regardless of the competition.If you look again at the video, these games (some teams anyway) the players are flat out moving,jumping, swiping at the ball,etc.Anyway,hs players have to adjust to college ball ,no matter what class they play in.Also, there's not that much difference in the level of play by the top girls in each class,as evidenced by the closeness of the scores.Yes, class AA had to play two games practicaly back to back, but, if there was a great difference in athletic ability, the difference would be quite apparent and would show up by the final score.As it was, it came down to the last shot in regulation to either force overtime, or lose .Christian Janis made that shot.I think maybe it would be better to say if she was recruited ,maybe her talents would go unused and wasted at SDSU, if all they're going to let her do is dribble down & pass the ball around the perimeter.She's a Megan Voelgal type playmaker, who makes things happen,not a pass the ball around the horn set play type player,she should probably pick a school who wants a pg to do some things to create opportunities to score.I also think that having three point shooters like Jill, Kristin,Macy, most of our gaurds, not to mention Sunnorborg,to add a Christian Janis ,would force teams to come out, which would open up the inside tremendously, look what happened to TCU when we had that scoring punch....they just couldn't hadle it all.
                      Last edited by jackdaniel; 04-09-2010, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Jenn W. played on a tile floor at Willow Lake.

AJ has done a pretty good job picking up on small town talent. If he's taken a pass on someone, it's not because he's dismissed her because of the size of her school, or the nature of her competition.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                          Jenn W. played on a tile floor at Willow Lake.

AJ has done a pretty good job picking up on small town talent. If he's taken a pass on someone, it's not because he's dismissed her because of the size of her school, or the nature of her competition.
                          Amen.

Comment

I watched Ashley on the SDPB archives during all three games at state. She can't go left. That might solve the "mystery" as to why SDSU has not extended an offer. Not trying to sound like I know-it-all, but I took a college coaching class with a Division II head coach and he said the first thing that they look for is whether a player can go both left and right, with at least a 60-40 ratio.

Comment

It also might be that AJ has someone in mind, a "difference " maker,& is waiting to see if she'll accept a scholarship offer before he offers to anyone else....it also keeps all of us intrigued as to who this "difference" maker might be.Hope we steal Kia Stokes from UConn or even Taylor Greenfield, both from IA.(not very probable, but anythings possible)

Oh, by the way, Hungerford was number 10 in the 2006 list of highest scoring girls in the nation, our Jill was 12TH .
                              http://www.maxpreps.com/leaders/girl...g/national.htm

Comment

It's likely that if AJ cannot sign a player that he feels can come in and make an immediate impact,that he wiil bank the scholarship for next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X