2010 Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Recruiting

thanks ,didn't know that about the 10 sec rule,that explains why one of thier gaurds sat by thier coach for about 10 seconds dribbling in place to talk with her coach & no call.We shouldn't let them rest Luper period unless they bench her or callTO.The point being a tired Luper might be less effective than a rested Luper.
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-08-2010, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      thanks ,didn't know that about the 10 sec rule,that explains why one of thier gaurds sat by thier coach for about 10 seconds dribbling in place to talk with her coach & no call.We shouldn't let them rest Luper period unless they bench her or callTO.The point being a tired Luper might be less effective than a rested Luper.
      When they put in the shot clock (1970 or so) they removed the 10 second rule in women's college basketball. It is amazing how few people know that. It seems like almost every women's game I'm at someone is asking for a 10 second backcourt violation. I usually try to let them know there is no such thing.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        When they put in the shot clock (1970 or so) they removed the 10 second rule in women's college basketball. It is amazing how few people know that. It seems like almost every women's game I'm at someone is asking for a 10 second backcourt violation. I usually try to let them know there is no such thing.
        I really don't understand the reason for not having the 10 second rule in women's basketball. I think it's an insult. Most don't understand they play with a different size ball.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          I really don't understand the reason for not having the 10 second rule in women's basketball. I think it's an insult. Most don't understand they play with a different size ball.
          It's not really an insult when you consider that WBB has a 30 second shot clock vs. a 35 second shot clock in MBB.

Comment

As I understand it the rules committee decided to remove the 10 second rule on the inception of a 30 second shot clock in women's basketball. I can only speculate on the reasons for that decision and don't really think that is productive. I know there has been discussion about reversing that decision and re-instituting the 10 second rule, I have no idea how likely that might be.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
              It's not really an insult when you consider that WBB has a 30 second shot clock vs. a 35 second shot clock in MBB.
              Just make them the same.

Comment

Just make them the same.
                I actually agree. They should be the same but the change should be to adapt the women's rules. I like the no 10 second rule. Plus, they should change the mythical NON dead ball rule as well. If the player is dribbiling the ball there should be no 5 second call for defending. You watch officials trying to decide in the men's game if the defensive player is close enough to justify a 5 second call or not? Each official is different. Do away with the rule. If for no other reason the weak officiating has enough to worry about as it is. Once the player has stopped his / her dribble (dead ball) than the 5 second rule should come into play.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                  Very well said,about 60 possessions per avg game,give up 33 of those, even shooting high % , just can't score enough pts to win.Plus, don't you give them 60+33 possessions?That's 93 to 27 chances to score for them, minus thier turnovers.We've got to take care of the ball, it's more important than people realise.
                  The math sounds good...but isn't. ORU had 21 turnovers to our 33, that's a negative 12 -- still a factor, I will agree, but not the huge gap indicated here. As AJ says, he doesn't mind about 20 turnovers (I am assuming he believes the other team will have near that many), because he feels it indicates we are playing aggressively...and that we do better when we are aggressive. Obviously he didn't mean he liked giving it away 12 more times in that game.
                  Last edited by Jacks#1Fan; 02-10-2010, 09:21 AM. Reason: Spelling...too late last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                    I actually agree. They should be the same but the change should be to adapt the women's rules. I like the no 10 second rule. Plus, they should change the mythical NON dead ball rule as well. If the player is dribbiling the ball there should be no 5 second call for defending. You watch officials trying to decide in the men's game if the defensive player is close enough to justify a 5 second call or not? Each official is different. Do away with the rule. If for no other reason the weak officiating has enough to worry about as it is. Once the player has stopped his / her dribble (dead ball) than the 5 second rule should come into play.

GBGBGJ
                    The call in women's basketball that really drives me crazy is the jump ball call as soon as two players' hands even touch the basketball. I think refs are way, way too quick to call a jump ball. Just IMHO, and nothing to do with 2010 recruiting, really . . .
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

See TV's blog for some women's recruiting information:
                      http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...Id=personaDest

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post

GBGBGJ
                        The reason they should get rid of that call is most refs can't count to 5. Heck, they can't even count to 3. :-)
                        Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Ashley continues to be the best of class in the state with 25 points in a win over Brookings.
                          http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...27/1002/sports

Comment

Ashley continues to be the best of class in the state with 25 points in a win over Brookings.
                            http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...27/1002/sports
                            Coincidentally, SDSU's not taking anyone from SD next year.

Maybe AJ should strip Tara Heiser of her scholarship and give it to Shaunteva. Or maybe AJ should carry 9 guards on a 14 player roster. After all, the lack of depth in the post hasn't cost SDSU anything at all this season.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                              Coincidentally, SDSU's not taking anyone from SD next year.

Maybe AJ should strip Tara Heiser of her scholarship and give it to Shaunteva. Or maybe AJ should carry 9 guards on a 14 player roster. After all, the lack of depth in the post hasn't cost SDSU anything at all this season.
                              Why would you strip anyone of their scholarship when there is one available?

Comment

You're right. Still, 9 guards on a roster of 14 or so.

Comment

Working...
                                X