Illinois State - WNIT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Illinois State - WNIT

Wollschlager is a great prospect...a junior at Milbank. I've heard a Missouri Valley school, Drake, is our competition for Wollschlager. It'd be nice to have a standout from Milbank...that's a good sports town and their fans pay attention to their graduates == boxoffice $$..

Comment

I saw AJ at a Stanley County game when they played at the Swiftel Center. Osterello was the only one that I would think he would be looking at as the other players didn't seem to be D-1 caliber. Just thought I would post this and confirm he was/still is looking at Osterello.

Comment

Originally posted by MID-CON JACK
        Wollschlager is a great prospect...a junior at Milbank.  I've heard a Missouri Valley school, Drake, is our competition for Wollschlager.  It'd be nice to have a standout from Milbank...that's a good sports town and their fans pay attention to their graduates == boxoffice $$..  
        this is just rumbling I heard at the State A tournament in Speafish but it was she was going to SDSU but more likley for volleyball rather then bball I don't know if there was any truth to that though.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22
          [quote author=MID-CON JACK link=1174012887/120#120 date=1174325913]Wollschlager is a great prospect...a junior at Milbank.  I've heard a Missouri Valley school, Drake, is our competition for Wollschlager.  It'd be nice to have a standout from Milbank...that's a good sports town and their fans pay attention to their graduates == boxoffice $$..  
          this is just rumbling I heard at the State A tournament in Speafish but it was she was going to SDSU but more likley for volleyball rather then bball I don't know if there was any truth to that though.[/quote]

I believe it is just the opposite. Amber's desire is to play college basketball. I am my own source as we are friends with Amber and her family.

Comment

Quote from JimmyJack on 03/19/07 at 09:21:25:
            Quote from rabbitman on 03/18/07 at 21:18:27:
            Quote from JACKGUYII on 03/18/07 at 19:04:19:
            Quote from reveroo on 03/17/07 at 23:22:16:
            The young lady you are talking about is from Stanley County (Ft. Pierre, SD.), and yes, the Rabbit staff have their sights on her. This young lady, she is a soph. in HS, is very athletic, and I think will develop into a very good college ballplayer. When she went up and flicked the ball out of the rim, I think many people were in shock that a "girl" could do that. This girl could be fun to watch in the future.

The girl you are taking about looked a lot like Andrea Verdegan's sister Whitney.

She happended to have a #32 necklace on....
            From the SDHSAA website...
            Feels like an episode of CSI-SDSU here!...

Stanley County Lady Buffs
            Girls Varsity Basketball Roster
            Jersey # Light Jersey # Dark Name Height Position Grade
            2 3 Tory Deal 5' 2 G 7
            4 5 Taylor Hackett 5' 2 G 7
            10 11 Lindsey Rogers 5' 3 G 11
            12 13 Kori Nutter 5' 3 G 9
            14 15 Kelli Nutter 5' 6 F 11
            20 21 Megan Sutley 5' 8 F 12
            22 23 Brandi Prince 5' 6 F 9
            24 25 Kelsey Hanson 5' 8 F 11
            30 31 Marissa Jacobsen 5' 9 G 12
            32 33 Sam Ostarello 6' 2 F 10
            34 35 Amanda Lounsbury 5' 7 F 8
            40 41 Sara Sweetman 5' 10 F 9
            42 43 Julie Gray 5' 10 C 12
            44 45 Kendra Karst 5' 6 F 9

That has to be her. She looked very athletic to me. She stopped and talked to AJ for a minute, and was wearing an SDSU t-shirt. Ostarello averaged 14.7 ppg this year.

I also saw Rotert and Schuttloeffel at the game. They stayed after and watched the press conference on the video board. Can't wait to get them into the mix.

Amber Wollschlager (sp?) from Milbank and her parents were also at the game.

She also averaged 3.7 blocked shots per game...not the quickest defender, but she can guard the goal! She is expected to go on Campus this April....

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies
              [quote author=joeboo22 link=1174012887/120#122 date=1174348970][quote author=MID-CON JACK link=1174012887/120#120 date=1174325913]Wollschlager is a great prospect...a junior at Milbank.  I've heard a Missouri Valley school, Drake, is our competition for Wollschlager.  It'd be nice to have a standout from Milbank...that's a good sports town and their fans pay attention to their graduates == boxoffice $$..  
              this is just rumbling I heard at the State A tournament in Speafish but it was she was going to SDSU but more likley for volleyball rather then bball I don't know if there was any truth to that though.[/quote]

I believe it is just the opposite. Amber's desire is to play college basketball. I am my own source as we are friends with Amber and her family.[/quote]

News items in the Watertown Public Opinion Newspaper, 3/29/07: "Milbank's Wollschlager verbally commits to Drake". Looks like Drake won the 6-0 junior who averaged 20.7 points and eight rebounds per game this season.

Comment

Working...
              X