2009 Recruit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Recruit

Well it sounds like Pierre is the hot bed for 2009 recruits. It was previously reported that 6'-3" Center, Katie Lingle from Pierre committed to SDSU. Now it is being reported that Steph Paluch has now committed to SDSU for women's basketball.

Steph Paluch, Pierre has made a verbal to South Dakota State according to sources. The 5-9 G will graduate in 2009. Pierre was 21-5 and second in AA last year. She played with Dakota Lightning this summer. She is the third 2009 South Dakota player to verbal a D1 school.
    Here is a link to the source http://gbbrecruit.blogspot.com/

Does anyone know anymore about her?

Go State!!!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Re: 2009 Recruit

Did SDSU take a look at Marque Lunderman does anyone know? I don't think she attended any of the camps so probably not but I remember that 1 on 3 move she did on Rotert and two other girls takin' them to the hole. People around the PR area said that was a SuAnne Big Crow move.

Comment

Steph is a tough player. Hard nosed defender, and great shooter when open.

In the little time I have seen her play, she would fit in well with what the Lady Rabbits do.

Comment

I know we can't get them all, but really hope Sam Ostrello of Stanley County changes her mind and attends SDSU. She has verbaled to Purdue and would be a great fit at SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          I know we can't get them all, but really hope Sam Ostrello of Stanley County changes her mind and attends SDSU. She has verbaled to Purdue and would be a great fit at SDSU.
          first of all she isn't going to second of all from what I have heard SDSU is full through 09 with scholarships for womens hoops...

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
            from what I have heard SDSU is full through 09 with scholarships for womens hoops...
            OK, is this just hearsay information or do you know what you are talking about? Here is what the roster will look like in 2009 assuming everyone stays and we sign the verbals for 2009.

Alison Anderson Sr.
            Maria Boever Sr.
            Ketty Cornemann Sr.
            Laura Neilsen Sr.
            Macie Michelson Jr.
            Kristen Rotert Jr.
            Jen Shuttloffel Jr.
            Jill Young So.
            Vannessa Johnson So.
            Jennie Sunnaborg So.
            Cala Westergard So.
            Katie Lingle Fr.
            Steph Paluch Fr.

That is 13 scholarship players that I know of, the NCAA allows 15 and from what I remember in reading, SDSU wants to be at the max. allowed by 2009. So who are the other two? And be specific with names because I really don't believe your roomates neighbor's second cousin once removed. That is not a reliable source.

Go State!!!
            Last edited by NorCalJack; 11-19-2007, 06:10 PM.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)

Comment

Heard the same thing about Jill Young and she changed her mind and we found a scholarship.

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                OK, is this just hearsay information or do you know what you are talking about? Here is what the roster will look like in 2009 assuming everyone stays and we sign the verbals for 2009.

Alison Anderson Sr.
                Maria Boever Sr.
                Ketty Cornemann Sr.
                Laura Neilsen Sr.
                Macie Michelson Jr.
                Kristen Rotert Jr.
                Jen Shuttloffel Jr.
                Jill Young So.
                Vannessa Johnson So.
                Jennie Sunnaborg So.
                Cala Westergard So.
                Katie Lingle Fr.
                Steph Paluch Fr.

That is 13 scholarship players that I know of, the NCAA allows 15 and from what I remember in reading, SDSU wants to be at the max. allowed by 2009. So who are the other two? And be specific with names because I really don't believe your roomates neighbor's second cousin once removed. That is not a reliable source.

Go State!!!
                correct me if I am wrong.... there is 14 on scholarship now 2 graduate 3 are added so there is 15 the following year 3 graduate and AJ said there was 3 verballed 09 recruits.... this isn't hearsay its just what I understand.

nm i guess there would be 14 scholarship I thought there was only 3 juniors on this years team....

Comment

so who is the third?
                  Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                    so who is the third?
                    AJ said they were all from SD but I swear I remember hearing the 3rd being from Minnesota I thought it was on a different thread on here or maybe it was on a different board... I'll try to find it...

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                      correct me if I am wrong.... there is 14 on scholarship now 2 graduate 3 are added so there is 15 the following year 3 graduate and AJ said there was 3 verballed 09 recruits.... this isn't hearsay its just what I understand.

nm i guess there would be 14 scholarship I thought there was only 3 juniors on this years team....
                      Well let me help you out. There are 14 scholarship players this year and we will lose 2 to graduation and gain 3 signees. That means we will have 15 scholarship players for next year. The year after next we will graduate Muck, Meier, Warkenthien and Oistad and will gain 2 signees. That means we will have 13 scholarship players committed to the 2009 roster. Even if AJ said that we have 3 verbals for '09, we still have a scholarship to give. Since we have such a deep team this year and for the next few years, I would pocket the extra scholarship so we can add someone that changes their mind like Jill Young did.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                        Well let me help you out. There are 14 scholarship players this year and we will lose 2 to graduation and gain 3 signees. That means we will have 15 scholarship players for next year. The year after next we will graduate Muck, Meier, Warkenthien and Oistad and will gain 2 signees. That means we will have 13 scholarship players committed to the 2009 roster. Even if AJ said that we have 3 verbals for '09, we still have a scholarship to give. Since we have such a deep team this year and for the next few years, I would pocket the extra scholarship so we can add someone that changes their mind like Jill Young did.
                        Ya I realize that now I looked at it last night and mis read it I thought one of the juniors was a sophomore....

Comment

I know this thread is a little old but I thought I'd bring it back.
                          Joeboo22 might have looked at the earlier programs. In the Nov 11 program against UC Riverside it said, "Jennifer Warkenthien . 6-0, So., F, Willow Lake, S.D.". That could have got him off by a player.
                          I guess we now know that Tara Heiser was the other "in state" recruit.
                          That would leave 1 scholarship left. Save it for Sam Ostrello or somebody else would be my choice. Of course, I have no idea who else A.J. and crew have in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                            I know this thread is a little old but I thought I'd bring it back.
                            Joeboo22 might have looked at the earlier programs. In the Nov 11 program against UC Riverside it said, "Jennifer Warkenthien . 6-0, So., F, Willow Lake, S.D.". That could have got him off by a player.
                            I guess we now know that Tara Heiser was the other "in state" recruit.
                            That would leave 1 scholarship left. Save it for Sam Ostrello or somebody else would be my choice. Of course, I have no idea who else A.J. and crew have in mind.

How about Warkenthien's sister, is she DI material?
                            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

With Tara we have offered and received verbals for 3 players in 2009 all 3 currently juniors: Tara Heiser and Steph Paluch and Katie Lingle both from Pierre.

Comment

Working...
                              X