2023 NCAA Seeding / Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023 NCAA Seeding / Predictions

Early guesses on seeding have the Jackrabbits in 10, 11 or 12. Here is an ESPN story about five teams opponents won't want to face in the NCAA Women's Tourney. The Jackrabbits are one of the five.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-...caa-tournament
    Last edited by JackJD; 03-11-2023, 05:31 PM.

#10. Iowa City would be good for location, not ideal for a 2nd Rd matchup. An #11 draws a #3 instead of a dangerous Iowa #2.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitofDT View Post
      #10. Iowa City would be good for location, not ideal for a 2nd Rd matchup. An #11 draws a #3 instead of a dangerous Iowa #2.
      FOR SURE!! i think i like any of the current 12 seed prediction spots better than that 10 seed with iowa in round 2. the tradeoff is you get to play a 7 seed in the first round instead of a 5. IF you are of the mind that the jacks DEFINITELY beat Creighton and Montana St and maybe at least 1 of ucla or WSU with a healthy Paige in the lineup, then the jacks are actually going to be well underseeded and could theoretically be the equivalent of a 6 seed give or take....... so theoretically we could be the favorite against a 7 seed. one thing for sure, we are not gonna sneak up on anybody!!

in the end you gotta focus on the opponent in front of you and if you win the first game you worry about the second game after that. i would think there would be plenty of rabbit fans in iowa city anyway

Comment

I think the best seed to make a run (Regional Final) is an 11 seed. Here’s my thoughts:

11 - Most preferred in my opinion. You get a 6 in the first round. Followed by a 3 on their court. Then a 2 in the Sweet 16. I believe the 4 two’s are not on the same level as the four 1’s. Still a difficult game but at a neutral site. You don’t see the one seed until the Regional Final.

12 - Second best in my opinion. You get a 5 in the first round and then a 4 in the second (best route to the Sweet 16). In the Sweet 16 round you get the one seed on a neutral floor.

10 - Least preferred of the 3 forecasted seeds. You get a seven in round one. Then have play the 2 seed on their home court. A much more difficult task, than on a neutral court.

…..and the 8 and 9 are a whole different story.

Whatever happens this team is going to be pain for anyone they play. Best of luck ladies!!!

Go Rabbits!!!

Comment

I want Iowa!

Comment

The Jacks can hold their own with any team that doesn't throw out a 6'5" athletic specimen. I am excited for the this tournament.
            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Latest bracketology has the jacks a #10 playing Florida state in Salt Lake City. A win will have them potentially playing #2 Utah.
              I am sure that Dru Gylten would love this draw!!

Comment

Looks like they jumped Iowa up to a 1 seed, which moved the Jacks - Florida State game to Utah.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakPirate View Post
                  Latest bracketology has the jacks a #10 playing Florida state in Salt Lake City. A win will have them potentially playing #2 Utah.
                  I am sure that Dru Gylten would love this draw!!
                  Well i think Dru would not be the only one. I dont think we could really hope for more than this. if the seeds hold, after the first round against FSU would be 2 seed Utah, 3 seed LSU, 1 seed Indiana. BY NO MEANS am i trying to say that is easy or those teams are not good!! but i think that is the most manageable group of top seeds the jacks could hope for. Utah has a 6'4, 6'5, and 6'8 on the roster, but at least looking at their last 2 games they are minimal factors at most (play very few minutes)
                  the projected 4 seed in this region is UCLA, but if seeds hold we would never play the 4 seed

i am sure Dru has some familiarity with these girls, and i could be wrong, but i think the majority of the people she played significant minutes with also left after last year. i think this is a significantly new team. they have zero seniors on the roster and they play a LOT of sophomores. leading scorer in their last 2 games (win over stanford, pac 12 tournament loss to WSU) was a sophomore from MN. two sophomores from MN in starting lineup

to be VERY clear!! every team in the tournament will be very good and the jacks will be lower seed most likely in any game. looking ahead at potential opponents does not mean any disrespect to opponents or mean that wins are some type of foregone conclusion. as Jacks fans we are very blessed that we think there are valid reason to look at opponents in rounds 2 and 3 and speculate about our chances to win!!, but this is always a 1 game at a time deal
                  Last edited by LetsGoRabbits; 03-12-2023, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Not in the Greenville regions.

Comment

Is Iowa guaranteed to be a 1 ? If they would fall to a 2, we could end up there.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        Is Iowa guaranteed to be a 1 ? If they would fall to a 2, we could end up there.
                        well they had that Indiana region largely correct ahead of time

the 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6 at least but not the 7 and 10 with the jacks

WOW the dreaded 8 v 9 game((

Comment

I did not think they'd push us up to a 9. Playing USC in Blacksburg VA isn't so bad...but if we win, playing 1 seed Virginia Tech in their home gym will be...challenging.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

9 seed against the other USC. With #1 VA Tech. Probably the best #1 seed to face, but have to travel to Blacksburg.

Comment

get past usc and we get 1 seed Va Tech in Virginia. they really like to send us to the east coast. our last 3 tournaments we have played first round weekends on the east coast

Comment

Working...
                              X