No announcement yet.

2023 NCAA Seeding / Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although, worse than us traveling to Blacksburg is USC going there. That’s a long trip.

Comment

Maybe we should have gone ahead and lost one of those early Summit games that were actually close!

It was interesting to see Washington St end up with a 5-seed. It felt like a really disappointing loss when they got us early on.

Comment

Iowa got screwed. If we had been a 10, we likely could have gone there. Don't know much about Virginia Tech, but playing a hot Iowa team at home would have been a challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
          Maybe we should have gone ahead and lost one of those early Summit games that were actually close!

It was interesting to see Washington St end up with a 5-seed. It felt like a really disappointing loss when they got us early on.
          Also interesting is Louisville at a #5 seed.

Comment

USC doesn't have great size - 6'2 center, and a 6'6 backup who doesn't play much. Their top scorer is Kadi Sissoko, who played for Minnesota against the Jacks in the WNIT game a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

I looked at our net last 4 or five days and divided it by four, came up
              high with us as 9 seed. I didn't want to be the negative Nelly when everyone was putting stock in Creams 12 seed, then 11, 10 was mentioned. It troubled me our net was too high for those projections, but , as they say, the NET is only one tool used in seeding, and I thought maybe they wouldn't give the Net much weight after everything else when considering our seed. I was wrong, they give it a ton of weight ( no pun intended). I was hoping our two losses to Wash St (by 20 pts) and to a lower net than us Mont St (I assume) would make them inclined not to give us a # 9 seed because of bad losses. Nope, in truth bad losses are factored into the net come to think of it. Anyway , we can get as far as we can as a 9 seed I guess, and, if we win twice, we would have just eliminated our # 1 roadblock to making a good run. Give em heck Ladies and Jackrabbit Nation is behind you 100% and will be cheering you on! GB, GB, Go Jacks!!
              Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-12-2023, 07:29 PM.

Comment

some interesting info on USC
                they have Sissoko who transferred from MN
                and Onu who transferred from UCLA. two opponents who faced the jacks in the wnit last year

in their last game anyway, they start 5'7, 5'9, 6'0, 6'2 (sissoko), 6'4. they start 3 grad students, a junior, and a sophomore. off the bench 5'9 grad student, 6'1 freshman, 6'6 sophomore

if we can get past USC potential second round against 1 seed Va Tech

Va Tech has one starter 6'6 and most of the rest of the roster is between 5'11 and 6'3
                does not seem like they are huge. kind of similar to us with good overall size, but they have the one 6'6
                13 players on the roster and 9 are seniors or grad students

Comment

9 seed was about what I expected. Well deserved and some respect compared to where ESPN had us. Tough path but no path is easy at this point. I think this team has potential to make a run but starts with USC on Friday. Once again, we will be playing on a coast so tough to have a large fan following.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    USC doesn't have great size - 6'2 center, and a 6'6 backup who doesn't play much. Their top scorer is Kadi Sissoko, who played for Minnesota against the Jacks in the WNIT game a year ago.
                    they start a 6'4 also, but you are right, as long as they dont play the 6'4 and 6'6 together extensively they will not outsize us. will Sissoko have nightmares about her last game against us or be motivated?? something else interesting about Sissoko, she also was on the Syracuse team that we beat when Macy was a senior. she will play us in 3 different postseason games with 3 different teams

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                      get past usc and we get 1 seed Va Tech in Virginia. they really like to send us to the east coast. our last 3 tournaments we have played first round weekends on the east coast
                      And if we should somehow be fortunate enough to win our first two , then we'd go from East Coast to the West Coast (Seattle). The same thing happened to Jackie Styles when she and then SW Missouri State ( now renamed Missouri St) made it to the final four. It made it very hard for their fans to follow them around to support their team and they weren't happy about it from what I read.

Comment

get past usc and we get 1 seed Va Tech in Virginia. they really like to send us to the east coast. our last 3 tournaments we have played first round weekends on the east coast
                        MY APOLOGY, calling stupid on myself. last time we were in ncaa was the covid year and there were limited sites. was it all at one? or two? anyway we played syracuse an east coast team but we played in Texas. so minus the covid year, our last two ncaa tourney that they had normal travel they have sent us to the east coast. and guys to buffalo last year. how many times do you think we will get our teams in the tournament before they put us at an opening location less than 10 hours from home- not exactly a complaint, more of a curiosity, but between the two teams we have been in a lot of tournaments to always be sent significantly far away, but that is part of the blessing to say we have been in it enough times that we could even think about that!!!

Comment

If the Jacks make it to Seattle then I will be there.

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                          And if we should somehow be fortunate enough to win our first two , then we'd go from East Coast to the West Coast (Seattle). The same thing happened to Jackie Styles when she and then SW Missouri State ( now renamed Missouri St) made it to the final four. It made it very hard for their fans to follow them around to support their team and they weren't happy about it from what I read.

Comment

they start a 6'4 also, but you are right, as long as they dont play the 6'4 and 6'6 together extensively they will not outsize us. will Sissoko have nightmares about her last game against us or be motivated?? something else interesting about Sissoko, she also was on the Syracuse team that we beat when Macy was a senior. she will play us in 3 different postseason games with 3 different teams
                            Jacks shouldn't be intimidated by their talent - we have played 5 teams ranked above them in the NET rankings. Sissoko can go for the trifecta. Losing to the Jacks while playing for 3 different teams, which could be some kind of an NCAA record.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                              I did not think they'd push us up to a 9. Playing USC in Blacksburg VA isn't so bad...but if we win, playing 1 seed Virginia Tech in their home gym will be...challenging.
                              Did they just take our NET (34) and divide it by four to come up with a 9 seed ? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                                same path we had when we made sweet sixteen in 2019. opening weekend in New York, regional in Oregon. i hear you!!! but you are also correct to point out we have two tough wins to get before we would have to worry about seattle. I REALLY do think this team can do it!!!! but i would not advise anyone to bet their mortgage on it. I do think we should be able to rebound with these teams and that matters a LOT!! hitting some outside shots will be big!!! hopefully Timmy picks up where she left off at the SLT and Myah and Paige get back to shooting 50%+ as during conference play

Comment

Working...
                                X