No announcement yet.

GDT: Golden Eagles vs Jackrabbits 12:30pm Premier Center/Midco Semifinal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful around-the-defender's back pass from Meyer to Timmer for a wide-open layup. Outscored 23-19 in the 3rd. Jacks playing... comfortable I guess? Content? 10 more minutes, 20 point lead. Time to finish this thing and move on.

Comment

defend the 3, that's the quickest way for them to claw back into the game, of course , we have to continue putting pressure on them to HAVE to score by scoring ourselves, time eventually runs out for them and game over if we go on another scoring binge.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
        defend the 3, that's the quickest way for them to claw back into the game, of course , we have to continue putting pressure on them to HAVE to score by scoring ourselves, time eventually runs out for them and game over if we go on another scoring binge.
        I'm beginning to be a bit discouraged with our 3-pt defense. They're shooting 10-17, 58.8% from behind the arc. 16 turnovers and counting as well.

Comment

I do love myself a wide-open Timmer 3-pointer though! That swish is a thing of beauty!

Comment

Haleigh Timmer, next years leading scorer.

Comment

rebounding will help us salt this one away

Comment

Will be neat to see what Theisen can do with a few more minutes next year. She leads the team in rebounds and blocks on the season , and has swatted it 6 times today alone. 0 points, 5 rebounds, 6 blocks. That's sure a stat line!

Comment

Cooper hit Kallies arm about 3 times before the ref called it, then she looked surprised it was called.

Comment

Haleigh had 25 pts today.

Comment

Mathiowetz quickly changing to a reverse layup on that is exciting to see. As others said today - she's got a ton of upside. She's got that natural instinct.

Comment

Final. Jacks 87. Golden Eagles 60. As usual, impressive showing by our women. 1st team all-summit selections Moore and Cooper ultimately held very quiet. 3 and 14 points respectively, perhaps helped by their early foul trouble.

Jacks outshoot them at the FT line 27-32 vs 8-10, which is quite a remarkable discrepancy.

SDSU playing either #10 UMKC or #6 Omaha tomorrow at 1 pm, airing on ESPNU for those unlucky few of us that can't attend the game in-person. Roos and Mavs coming up in a half hour.

Comment

ORU got hot from 3 and hit some lucky ones, still gets dominated. Love to see, can't stand their coach and most of the team. ORU has to lead the league in whiners, both men's and women's.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                            rebounding will help us salt this one away
                            the rebounding dominance today and season long is truly remarkable!!!! wonder if that was always part of AJ hoops philosophy or did he learn that in his time working for Nagy. either way Nagy would be pleased))!!

hugely underrated how much getting outrebounded by NINETEEN today impacts a game

Comment

Timmer: all the talent of Grace Larkins without the ugly dribble-into-triple-team turnovers. She could be a POY candidate next year.

It was fun watching the Jacks work against that press.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                                Haleigh Timmer, next years leading scorer.
                                seems like a definite possibility. if it turns out to be true or not it is gonna be very fun and very interesting to see WHO and HOW the returning players step into being the leaders of this team next year!!

I totally believe we are going to find out that everyone coming back has additional gears

Paige and Timmie and Tori and Kallie have all been really really good in their time and in their own way, but all of them have also been kind of the little sister to Myah and Paiton. next year this will be THEIR TEAM and I think we are going to see some new things from all of them. obviously Kallie is going to improve her numbers just by increased minutes

i think the leading scorer will be one of Paige, Timmie, or Brooklyn, but i wont be surprised if Tori is a lot more aggressive scoring wise next year with Myah and Paiton gone, but i doubt she will be the leading scorer because she is still gonna be very very unselfish. i do NOT mean anything bad, but Paige and Timmer are just a lot more aggressive about looking for their shot than pretty much anyone else on the roster. that is why i think probably one of them leads next year, but Brooklyn might just be too much of a monster next year. i think it is possible that there is just no stopping her next year

i also think we will see BIG improvement from maddie m and elly next year and i think there is a chance we see significant improvement and / or contribution from maddie v and / or mesa too

Comment

Working...
                                X