GDT: Golden Eagles vs Jackrabbits 12:30pm Premier Center/Midco Semifinal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Golden Eagles vs Jackrabbits 12:30pm Premier Center/Midco Semifinal

ORU stunned the yotes with a full court press which yielded turnovers galore. They will have their hands full tomorrow with the same game plan against Meyer & Gylten, I expect that plan to change quickly should they consider the same operation. The Golden Eagles did an impressive job of dominating the yotes who turned the ball over 21 times. I would expect the Jackrabbits to show a fair amount of defense to subdue ORU. It may be that 40 minutes of defense against the Jackrabbits is more difficult than 40 minutes of defense against USD. The Jackrabbits will understand the intensity to bring to the game. I would enjoy seeing a few people skipping work this afternoon. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

This game looks like the craziness and frantic play of ORU vs the calmness of AJ and the Jackrabbits. I think depth and calmness with start to show in the 3rd quarter. Rabbits by 14.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
      This game looks like the craziness and frantic play of ORU vs the calmness of AJ and the Jackrabbits. I think depth and calmness with start to show in the 3rd quarter. Rabbits by 14.

Go Rabbits!
      ORU's getting into foul trouble, so I hope Jacks can get separation before my lunch break ends.

Comment

ORU getting some turnovers but also piling up the fouls. That will hurt them before this is over.

Comment

so far they got us to make 2 bad passes with the press. but the other TOs are from their constant swatting at the ball in the half court. every time we put the ball on the floor someone is taking a swat at it. they will have to stop picking up fouls if they want to keep that up. coach musick is unhappy with the fouls but they clearly are

Comment

ORU playing very aggressive and scrappy as expected. Fun to watch Paige split multiple double-teams one after the other several times so far. Take care of the ball, keep knocking down these 3's!

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
              so far they got us to make 2 bad passes with the press. but the other TOs are from their constant swatting at the ball in the half court. every time we put the ball on the floor someone is taking a swat at it. they will have to stop picking up fouls if they want to keep that up. coach musick is unhappy with the fouls but they clearly are
              My goodness yes. Those slaps and swats are flying all over the place.

Comment

Game as expected but unlike USD, the press isn’t going to stop us. Still have to cut down on turnovers. Mathoweitz giving some impressive minutes on the big stage.

Comment

Our underclassmen have been our best players today so far. That is so damn impressive. Summit League teams look out the next few years.

Comment

Mathiowetz looking quite composed on the court. The moment doesn’t appear to be too big for her. Keep it up!

Comment

24-14 end of 1st quarter. Hannah Cooper of ORU leading the way with 9 points on 4-7 shooting, 1-1 from 3. 7 turnovers for the jacks vs 5 for the golden eagles. Jacks shooting 53.8% from the field, ORU only converting 35% of the time.

2nd quarter underway. Fast pace so far!!

Comment

Nelson with awesome save after some impressive passing. Fun to watch after a few turnovers to open

Comment

Plenty of dribbles and bounce passes still being batted around. Need to make some better choices on those.

Comment

Sitting here feeling kinda grumpy at the sloppy play... but look down to see we're up 31-14. I'll try to look on the bright side instead!

On a side note... how much do we have to fundraise for Midco so they stop with the in-game banner ads?

Comment

Wow! Meyer-Burkhard-Selland fast break. Heck of a save by Paige!

Comment

Working...
                              X