Whalen out at U of M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    If AJ wants to continue playing, it will be interesting to see if the Gophers show interest. The men's team is desperate for players, especially guards.
    To be clear your talking about AJ Plitz…. I almost thought Aaron Johnston was looking to strap it up!

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

have to say i would just as soon she not come back to this area. obviously she has recruiting connections in the same area we recruit. that said she was losing the recruiting battle to AJ and the jacks pretty consistently. i guess we will see how it goes when she has the power of the big 10 behind her. will the watson girl transfer again to stay with her? krull? larkins? not assuming yet this is true but if they are insistent it has to be a female coach she does make sense
      If Dawn gets the job, she's going to be judged on if she gets the elite recruits from Minnesota that go to U Conn, South Carolina and other Power 6 schools. Competing with the Jacks for that slightly lower than elite recruits won't win her favor with Gopher fans.

Comment

If Dawn gets the job, she's going to be judged on if she gets the elite recruits from Minnesota that go to U Conn, South Carolina and other Power 6 schools. Competing with the Jacks for that slightly lower than elite recruits won't win her favor with Gopher fans.
        100%
        they want her to get players like Greenway
        BUT you are never going to have 15 Greenways and players like Waytashek, Sjerven, Ober, Guebert, Thiesen and others would still be valuable to a quality wbb program

Comment

0 chance Greenway goes anywhere other than Iowa if she stays in the Big Ten.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
            0 chance Greenway goes anywhere other than Iowa if she stays in the Big Ten.
            well never say never
            but YES YES YES i understand the chances of them getting her are close to zero

just meant SHE is the type of player they want their next coach to keep home, but that they also need to keep the less flashy prospects who help you to build a program. OBVIOUSLY i hope whoever they get they dont keep any of them!!!!

Comment

well never say never
              but YES YES YES i understand the chances of them getting her are close to zero

just meant SHE is the type of player they want their next coach to keep home, but that they also need to keep the less flashy prospects who help you to build a program. OBVIOUSLY i hope whoever they get they dont keep any of them!!!!
              I get what your saying. I have always kind of cheered for Minnesota compared to other Big 10 schools but man that athletic department is a mess. They are way behind in NIL compared to other Big 10 schools too. It won’t get any better when UCLA and USC join.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post

I get what your saying. I have always kind of cheered for Minnesota compared to other Big 10 schools but man that athletic department is a mess. They are way behind in NIL compared to other Big 10 schools too. It won’t get any better when UCLA and USC join.
                yep i hear you too. i am just done with all of them. they have had a lot of advantages for a long time, in my perspective none of UM, IU, ISU have done enough with what they have. UNL used to be great and they committed suicide. i root for the jacks thats it. i will leave it at that

Comment

100%
                  they want her to get players like Greenway
                  BUT you are never going to have 15 Greenways and players like Waytashek, Sjerven, Ober, Guebert, Thiesen and others would still be valuable to a quality wbb program
                  Absolutely. But having been on their message board for years, they continually look down on schools like SDSU and USD, even though they have long losing streaks against us who use Minnesota players that they choose not to recruit. Whenever AJ 's name comes up, there are posters who still hold a grudge because of that buzzer beater by Maria Boever, and say he was a prick during the review of that play and after the game.

Comment

Made the mistake of watching postgame presser after last night's game. Don't see how a program wouldn't watch how the game progressed and the presser and think AJ would be an awesome addition, which sent me down the lamentable rabbit hole of pondering Jacks' loss were he to move on.

Comment

Guess Gophers can pop open the schlitz, the Plitz is reportedly back

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                        Guess Gophers can pop open the schlitz, the Plitz is reportedly back
                        It's too bad that someone in Minnesota leaked the hire almost immediately after WV got eliminated. I'm sure that Dawn was pissed that word got out before she likely had a chance to tell the team. The deal was likely done yesterday, but Dawn probably had them backtrack it until today to keep from getting more egg on her face.

Comment

It's too bad that someone in Minnesota leaked the hire almost immediately after WV got eliminated. I'm sure that Dawn was pissed that word got out before she likely had a chance to tell the team. The deal was likely done yesterday, but Dawn probably had them backtrack it until today to keep from getting more egg on her face.
                          Be interesting to know.

Another angle, even if she opted to advance that narrative publicly, would be that it helps put UM on radar of potential transfers who'd be open to playing for her

Comment

B1FB4D46-8DC2-4B1E-9CC5-B126E73CCC2F.jpeg B1FB4D46-8DC2-4B1E-9CC5-B126E73CCC2F.jpeg

Comment

think this makes WV feel bad??

HOW does it make USD feel?? obviously she wanted OUT OF USD so stinking bad that she went to a place that she couldnt stand for more than one year!!!

Comment

think this makes WV feel bad??

HOW does it make USD feel?? obviously she wanted OUT OF USD so stinking bad that she went to a place that she couldnt stand for more than one year!!!
                                I mean she got a pretty nice pay raise to go to WVU for that one year. I'm guessing her intensions were not to leave WVU after one year, but a better opportunity arose and she took it.

Comment

Working...
                                X