WNIT GDT: Pirates vs Jackrabbits 2pm Frost Arena CBS Sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

SIDs could emphasize the "revenge" factor in having the Jacks travel to vanquished teams' venues first. Plus that'd increase the likelihood P5 schools might agree to it.

In general, I'm not sure how much I'd favor replaying games as frequently as you propose, but I would like to see bodies like the P5 schools potentially make adaptations in areas like guarantees, perhaps saying that mid-majors could opt for a reduced payment if the P5 school agrees to travel to the mid-major school within the next two or three seasons. The difference in guarantee amounts could be held in trust, and disbursed to the mid-major, in the event the P5 school reneges
    yes my guess is that, that is probably not the perfect plan and might have more challenges than i realize. it was not a totally thought out and researched plan or anything. just on the spot piggybacking off of your idea about the NIT and trying to promote WBB

and i do think that the main idea of the ncaa is "supposed to be" to promote athletes and athletics and education. of course we know their FIRST purpose is to make money, but i do think they are supposed to do those other things as well

and if those are goals, i think it would take some external force like the ncaa or nit to incentivize different scheduling and giving more schools opportunities to first of all just have games against P5 schools and then to occasionally host those games. and that was the part of your idea i agree with. having someone like the NIT or as i said the ncaa get more involved

and when you think about it, it is incredibly rare for any school to play more than one game in the tournament against a mid major school. and yes maybe they would play one smaller school two years in a row. so it would seem like maybe at most they could be required to play 2 or 3 games against mid major schools in ANY single season. i think most big schools play about 35 games, i dont think 1 or 2 against a mid major would kill them

also you could say that if neither school wants to play the rematch game or games then it would not be required. i imagine some smaller schools would opt out. i feel like that would be a mistake, but if they made the tournament with a group of seniors who would be gone and they feel like they would be embarrassed in a rematch they could choose to opt out

anyway, HAHA, it is not like me thinking this through is going to make any difference, but as to coach close she seemed quite passionate about places like brookings being a blessing to WBB. she could quite easily back that up i would imagine if she chooses to

Comment

ESPN just came out with a "Way-Too-Early Top 25" and the Jacks are in the also considered section. I was completely expecting to see USD in the top 25 and the good guys not being mentioned at all, so at least ESPN somewhat did their research and noticed the cupboard is going to be a little bare down south.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks86 View Post

To expand on how bad we took it to 'em, UConn beat them by 25 at SH, and 33 at UConn. We beat SH as bad as one of the teams playing for the national championship. We're right there as a program.
        I saw that too, I also wondered how bad UConn beat them. Also, OldHare in his post #65 in the thread "WNIT GDT : Bruins vs Jackrabbits 7 PM Frost Arena Midco/ESPN " in which he gave us the link in which coach Close said we were the #2 team in the Country for offensive efficiency and said we were a very good team. She has great respect for AJ and thus our program, I think that feeling is mutual.She said we move the ball extremely well and I agree. The two commentators complimented our team during the game too. So, people notice, even though they don't always speak out so it doesn't get heard in the media, but rather in close circles is where the word seems to travel. I guess the media people calling the game would count as media, my mistake.

PS ,checked the link, not working, don't know why, sorry.Fixed it,hopefully, to save you time, her reference is at the 14:24 mark, 3-30-22 video.
        Last edited by jackdaniel; 04-03-2022, 11:03 PM.

Comment

SDSU was the #1 seed in the WNIT. NET rating 36. Seton Hall had a NET of 91. The Pirates type of game, and size didnt lend itself to match up with Jackrabbit Nation in the biggest Rabbit Den. Congrats to this wonderful, efficient, team. Was this 29-9 the most games played in a season?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

For the record:
            As of 4/11/22, six Seton Hall WBB players are in the transfer portal. Was this unhappiness/attitude also expressed in SHU's so-so performance at Frost? Other WNIT opponents: Ohio, Drake, and UCLA have no one in today's portal, while Alabama has four. ((Alabama players did not shake hands post game)).

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaLee View Post
              For the record:
              As of 4/11/22, six Seton Hall WBB players are in the transfer portal. Was this unhappiness/attitude also expressed in SHU's so-so performance at Frost? Other WNIT opponents: Ohio, Drake, and UCLA have no one in today's portal, while Alabama has four. ((Alabama players did not shake hands post game)).
              I did not look at the portal, but obviously it makes a big difference which players it is

for seton hall, i cannot remember what year the big post player is but the PG had some years remaining. if one or both of those are in the portal that would be terrible news for that program

i am pretty sure that 2 of the top 3 scorers for alabama were seniors

Comment

If Seton Hall players would have worked on their game as much as their pre-game hand shake routine, then would be a better team.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaLee View Post
                  For the record:
                  Looking at the box score SH is losing 4 points worth of players to the portal. So I don’t think they can blame anything other than being outplayed by a team that was better than them. They had the easiest route to the finals. I can’t see them making it past the second round in our side of the bracket.

Comment

Working...
                  X