WNIT GDT: Pirates vs Jackrabbits 2pm Frost Arena CBS Sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
    Congrats on the title. I think it’s awesome for both our schools. In 2016 it was us winning the title while you were in NCAA. I watched on TV and it looked pretty darn full. There are two basketball programs in this state that deserved to be nationally ranked.
    Only two states can boast having two of their universities win the WNIT...California with UCLA and Cal-Berkeley and of course South Dakota. California has 26 Div. 1 schools...making the average of 7.7% of those have won the WNIT. 100% of South Dakota schools have won the WNIT!!!!!

Comment

Does anyone have a link that would enable me to watch a replay of the Seton Hall game? Thank you for any help.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
        Does anyone have a link that would enable me to watch a replay of the Seton Hall game? Thank you for any help.
        I was gonna ask the same question so i could watch the game again. Also.....has anyone seen a post game press conference from Seton Hall? If so, please share that link as well.

Comment

Doubtful there will be a post-game press conference as their coaching staff couldn't have gotten out of Frost and South Dakota fast enough. Loved seeing a team who took a knee and bowed their head down during the anthem get steamrolled by the Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
            Doubtful there will be a post-game press conference as their coaching staff couldn't have gotten out of Frost and South Dakota fast enough. Loved seeing a team who took a knee and bowed their head down during the anthem get steamrolled by the Jacks.
            I wish i could like your comment way more than once!

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

I wish i could like you comment way more than once!
              Done
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                Here's a link. Fubo includes a free trial, if you don't have an account.

Comment

I get CBS Sports Network through ROKU. Logged in and there is no sign that the game was played. No highlights, no replay, no anything.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    I get CBS Sports Network through ROKU. Logged in and there is no sign that the game was played. No highlights, no replay, no anything.
                    Grab yourself a pint of Strawberry Revel, sign up for a fubo trial, and enjoy

Comment

No more politics, please. Lots of other message boards and websites where those discussions can be had.

Comment

I did some spot checking in sports sections of large-city newspapers across the countrt. Most have carried the Associated Press game story. Even though there were no screaming headlines, the Jacks continue to get their name out there and that kind of promotion can't be purchased.

Here's a link to the game story on the Seton Hall athletics website:
                        ​​​​​​https://shupirates.com/news/2022/4/2...rable-run.aspx

I'm looking for a post-game interview with the Seton Hall coach but haven't located one. That's a winning program and I think they left Frost baffled and beat up and glad they don't have to return. I think I recall a game or two during AJ's tenure when the Jackrabbits could get anything going and fell so far behind early in a game that is was impossible to come back. [I really like a comfortable win every so often...the UCLA game was high stress the entire game.]
                        Last edited by JackJD; 04-03-2022, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                          I did some spot checking in sports sections of large-city newspapers across the countrt. Most have carried the Associated Press game story. Even though there were no screaming headlines, the Jacks continue to get their name out there and that kind of promotion can't be purchased.

Here's a link to the game story on the Seton Hall athletics website:
                          ​​​​​​https://shupirates.com/news/2022/4/2...rable-run.aspx

I'm looking for a post-game interview with the Seton Hall coach but haven't located one. That's a winning program and I think they left Frost baffled and beat up and glad they don't have to return. I think I recall a game or two during AJ's tenure when the Jackrabbits could get anything going and fell so far behind early in a game that is was impossible to come back. [I really like a comfortable win every so often...the UCLA game was high stress the entire game.]
                          I'd love for the WNIT to recognize that many of the tourney participants, like the Jacks, struggle convincing non-con opponents to visit their venues during the regular season and get creative with future scheduling.

Jared Rudiger mentioned during his halftime interview that one of Triple Crown's goals was to contribute to the growth of women's sports, so why not work with teams to have home and home rematches during subsequent seasons, so the Jacks could play teams like the Gophers and Seton Hall on their courts within the next couple seasons, with those teams agreeing to play in Brookings the season following that matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I'd love for the WNIT to recognize that many of the tourney participants, like the Jacks, struggle convincing non-con opponents to visit their venues during the regular season and get creative with future scheduling.

Jared Rudiger mentioned during his halftime interview that one of Triple Crown's goals was to contribute to the growth of women's sports, so why not work with teams to have home and home rematches during subsequent seasons, so the Jacks could play teams like the Gophers and Seton Hall on their courts within the next couple seasons, with those teams agreeing to play in Brookings the season following that matchup.
                            that definitely seems like a good idea

the other thing, i was thinking was that coach whalen and coach close were very complimentary, and coach close talked very specifically about how good places like brookings are for WBB. WELL..... i appreciate their kind words, VERY MUCH!!, but if they want to back those up in the most meaningful way, why not schedule games with the jacks

and of course i know the real life reasons for that!! coaches still get paid to WIN games and they get fired for losing games!! coach whalen probably does not have the track record and or security to be scheduling and probably losing games to the neighbor state rival

coach close probably has the security, but she is going to be fighting for top seeds in the ncaa in upcoming seasons, but either way the jacks will likely be top 30 - 40 in the net or borderline for the next several years. either way winning or losing to the jacks does not look bad or hurt anyone too much. so it would be nice to see coach close back up her words and schedule some home and home games

finally, YES this would be nice for the girls, but the girls have obviously found it far FAR easier to schedule games with quality opponents than the men have. and so to your idea, going on the belief that the ncaa as a whole is supposed to be growing their sports and helping their student athletes, maybe a good idea would be something like simply saying that every ncaa game needs to be replayed in the following season at the higher seeded school gym and the next season at the lower seed. OR could substitute a one game at a neutral site, which often happens already for the championship game

yes i can imagine there are some logistical challenges to this, but i dont think they are too challenging except for maybe 4 to 8 teams and by that point they are likely both playing a very desirable opponent anyway

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                              That's a winning program and I think they left Frost baffled and beat up and glad they don't have to return.
                              To expand on how bad we took it to 'em, UConn beat them by 25 at SH, and 33 at UConn. We beat SH as bad as one of the teams playing for the national championship. We're right there as a program.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

that definitely seems like a good idea

the other thing, i was thinking was that coach whalen and coach close were very complimentary, and coach close talked very specifically about how good places like brookings are for WBB. WELL..... i appreciate their kind words, VERY MUCH!!, but if they want to back those up in the most meaningful way, why not schedule games with the jacks

and of course i know the real life reasons for that!! coaches still get paid to WIN games and they get fired for losing games!! coach whalen probably does not have the track record and or security to be scheduling and probably losing games to the neighbor state rival

coach close probably has the security, but she is going to be fighting for top seeds in the ncaa in upcoming seasons, but either way the jacks will likely be top 30 - 40 in the net or borderline for the next several years. either way winning or losing to the jacks does not look bad or hurt anyone too much. so it would be nice to see coach close back up her words and schedule some home and home games

finally, YES this would be nice for the girls, but the girls have obviously found it far FAR easier to schedule games with quality opponents than the men have. and so to your idea, going on the belief that the ncaa as a whole is supposed to be growing their sports and helping their student athletes, maybe a good idea would be something like simply saying that every ncaa game needs to be replayed in the following season at the higher seeded school gym and the next season at the lower seed. OR could substitute a one game at a neutral site, which often happens already for the championship game

yes i can imagine there are some logistical challenges to this, but i dont think they are too challenging except for maybe 4 to 8 teams and by that point they are likely both playing a very desirable opponent anyway
                                SIDs could emphasize the "revenge" factor in having the Jacks travel to vanquished teams' venues first. Plus that'd increase the likelihood P5 schools might agree to it.

In general, I'm not sure how much I'd favor replaying games as frequently as you propose, but I would like to see bodies like the P5 schools potentially make adaptations in areas like guarantees, perhaps saying that mid-majors could opt for a reduced payment if the P5 school agrees to travel to the mid-major school within the next two or three seasons. The difference in guarantee amounts could be held in trust, and disbursed to the mid-major, in the event the P5 school reneges

Comment

Working...
                                X