No announcement yet.

Championship GDT: yotes vs Jackrabbits 1pm Premier Center ESPNU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never thought I’d see Selland go without a field goal in a game let alone one of this magnitude. Just didn’t have the flow we needed today without Meyer. I’m sad to say it but this lackluster performance will likely hurt any chance we had at an at-large. Here’s to a WNIT run. Next year will be a different story for both teams.

Comment

I could not have been more wrong.

Comment

Myah Selland, 0-10. Unbelievable

Comment

That was painful to watch.

Comment

A supremely disappointing effort. Shooting 24%, 18 turnovers, easily a dozen missed layups (conservatively) and an absolute no-show by Selland on offense. Could have easily been a 25-point butt-whooping. Not sure I've ever been so disappointed in the women's basketball team.
            Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

I think i fell asleep at work and had a nightmare.......starting to wake up so ready for the game too start finally.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                That was painful to watch.
                glad i didnt get it, apparently it was a blessing in disguise.

Why do we have to get injuries at the end of the year. Last year lost our best player, this year our 2nd best player....

I just hope the mens team avoids the injury bug that the football team and women's basketball team seem to suffer from.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

SDSU made 8 3's and 5....FIVE 2's.....that's unreal.
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post

Oof. No bueno.
                    Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

You mean in the first Qtr right?

I feel like im still waiting to wake up from this nightmare. Such a strange feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                        Need to figure out PG next year. 5 points from Greer/Theunick for the tournament...effing gross.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
                        Timmer needs to start at the point the rest of this season. Use her and Tylee to man the position. Theunick/Greer are back ups, keep them there.

Comment

I believe one of Macy's years (maybe that was the year Macy was hurt?) WIU beat us and Emily Clemons won mvp.

https://thesummitleague.org/document...0_21_Final.pdf
                          this was the year that macy was hurt. i am 99% sure macy never lost a game in the SLT, but i think the person who said Seekamp won SLT MVP for one of those is correct. i think seekamp did win it in macy freshman or sophomore year, which was her 6th year of college hoops. lets hope they do not find a way to pull that off for sjerven or lamb

seekamp was an incredible player. another one of the few they have had who i really liked. absolutely never understood her not making it in wnba. but i never understood how she got that additional year of eligibility

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

this was the year that macy was hurt. i am 99% sure macy never lost a game in the SLT, but i think the person who said Seekamp won SLT MVP for one of those is correct. i think seekamp did win it in macy freshman or sophomore year, which was her 6th year of college hoops. lets hope they do not find a way to pull that off for sjerven or lamb

seekamp was an incredible player. another one of the few they have had who i really liked. absolutely never understood her not making it in wnba. but i never understood how she got that additional year of eligibility
                            Right how she got an extra year, but Moffitt didnt and it was about and open and closed case of an extra year for him.

Comment

well i had a VERY BAD feeling when we had two fouls called on us in the first 90 seconds, despite the fact that they were shoving and tackling at EVERY opportunity!! Tylee get called for going over a screen when it was Lamb who basically knocked sjerven over and myah gets called for charge. and those were maybe correct calls but NOTHING compared to the manslaughter and rape that was happening on EVERY rebound, post up, and drive

that said, we still needed to find a way to shoot better than 20% inside of 5 feet. YES the officiating was a wet dream for the usd team!!! but we were right in the game and if we could have even shot 40% in the paint we probably win going away

i will never say another word about expecting anyone to have a good game. wow! go ahead and yell at me. i should know better than to say that stuff out loud. the LGR jinx. i am shocked that myah and tori had such awful games. but they are unbelievably physical with basically everyone and double that with myah. and she did have a handful of nice passes today that should have gone for assists but we could not make a layup!!! on a normal night Myah probably had at least 5 assists today and maybe 7 or 8. and that would have backed the D off a little giving her a little room to score herself

i wish somehow we could see what this game looks like with paige. on one hand i think the way the WHOLE game was played in the half court except for one basket, it would have been VERY valuable to have the pick and roll game that paige brings!!!!

at the same time, however, the way the game was officiated, i think they probably would have simply tackled both paige and the screener and taken the ball away and NEVER gotten called for it. so i cannot make a prediction what would have happened

end of the day we HAD TO FIND some way to make more baskets INSIDE. use shot fakes or something. i dont think we ever used a fake. and yes paiton kept us in the game with the 3s in the first half but she killed us with missed bunnies inside. i think 3 of them off of assists from myah. i think Tylee is the only girl who can really look in the mirror and feel good today. she did miss one or two layups but she defended well, despite some horrible foul calls against her. she made chloe work hard for her points, and she shot it well and also scored off the dribble

i still think there is a shot they get an at large, but i also think it would be a lot of fun to play in wnit and i have to imagine we would have a great chance to host most of the games. for crying out loud usd played all but one game at home the year they won it

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                                Myah Selland, 0-10. Unbelievable
                                And she also threw at least three terrible passes out-of-bounds with no pressure on her.

Comment

Working...
                                X